Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases that are compatible with the wireless charging back

Tip us?

f308gt4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakehn View Post
does the phone charges with the case on?
Yes. I have an aftermarket KoolPad base, and it charges fine with the case on. It's the only charging base I have, so I can't confirm with other brands, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't work,

Snakehn
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by f308gt4 View Post
Yes. I have an aftermarket KoolPad base, and it charges fine with the case on. It's the only charging base I have, so I can't confirm with other brands, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't work,
Outstanding, thank you

v3rn
Old
Thanks Meter 47
So UAG never ended up making a case compatible with the wireless back? Have they confirmed that they have no plans to?

norbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by f308gt4 View Post
Did you check if NFC works ? In most of cases 3rd party charges blocks NFC.

f308gt4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb View Post
Did you check if NFC works ? In most of cases 3rd party charges blocks NFC.
I think you misunderstood my post. I have the genuine Samsung charging back and the Koolpad charging base. The NFC is part of the Samsung charging back and is supposed to work (although I haven't tried it).

I have the Magpul case on the phone with the charging back. Are you suggesting that the case might block the NFC? If so, I don't know, since I haven't tried using NFC. Do some cases interfere with NFC?

Loobster
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I contacted Aduro via the web form on their website, to let them know that there was nobody making a hard case with holster for the S5 with charging cover and they would sell lots.

They did reply saying that they had no plans for that specific product but they would forward the idea to the relevant party.

kingoanklebreakn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Just got my Diztronic. It also works with my holster so I'm happy. It's the perfect case.

dbrown2
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoanklebreakn View Post
Just got my Diztronic. It also works with my holster so I'm happy. It's the perfect case.
Hello, if you don't mind could you tell me what holster you are using? Thank you in advance.

dbrown2
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylograth View Post
And just like that, the Diztronic case sticks perfectly to the AirDock LOL
Just got my AirDock in and did not find the Diztronic :stuck" well to the AirDock. I had to put their supplied sticker on the back on my case. When you say just like that... Did you have to add a sticker to help or just use the back of the case.

Thank you,

David

Zylograth
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown2 View Post
Just got my AirDock in and did not find the Diztronic :stuck" well to the AirDock. I had to put their supplied sticker on the back on my case. When you say just like that... Did you have to add a sticker to help or just use the back of the case.

Thank you,

David
Yeah I put a sticker on the back of the case. In the original post you can see the sticker I used. Just a simple shiny vinyl sticker, not very big, and of my own choosing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1407503232
Samsung Galaxy S5
Nexus 7 32GB 2013