Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[Q] HTC Amaze. Can't get any ROM / RUU to work

OP moonrocker316

5th June 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Hello everyone. I need some help here. I am a noob ( 7 out of 10, on the noobometer)

my device is HTC Amaze (carrier Wind in Canada). Bootloader unlocked, S ON, Rooted, Recovery TWRP (latest version). H boot: 1.93.0002 CID: GLOBA001

I had ICS before I started rooting and everything. I completely deleted the stock version without any back up. I tried installing Kit Kat, install would go through, but then the phone will get stuck on bootloop. Same happened when I tried Jelly Beans, and CM 10.

(I followed all the procedures of wiping device and flashing ROMs)

Then decided to go back to stock. I found a stock version on this site. http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...OMs#Stock_ROMs

locked the bootloader, change the file name to required name, and yet it does not install. after bootloader checked the SD card and checked the ruu zip, it does nothing.

I tired this with Ginger bread version stock, and the installation will complete, but then when the phone reboots, again it gets stuck in boot loop.

I tried executing and exe version of the stock ruu through usb, and the installation will fail saying hboot is older!

Can anyone please help me? I need to either go back to sock ICS or install Jelly Beans . But I need the phone to operate, most of all.

Do I need to S off? is that why I am having all this issue? and If I do need to S off, how can I do that now? now that I dont have any stock rom on the phone. (according to my research, you need stock ROM to S off.)

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by moonrocker316; 5th June 2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: typo
5th June 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 118

299 posts
More
bootloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrocker316

Hello everyone. I need some help here..., it does nothing.

Thank you in advance.

Bootloop because nothing flashes S-ON except 4EXT recovery. 4EXT recovery will pre-flash the kernel, if you enter the 4EXT recovery settings and tell it to use "Smart Flash."

You can search the forum and find the instructions to get 4EXT recovery on your phone (I think WinDroid Universal will do it) Then you can go back and flash your ICS ROM.
Currently the most stable are the ICS--unless you want to play around or start dev'ing or just for fun, GB is too old, and KK is too new.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbergonzi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergonzi

Bootloop because nothing flashes S-ON except 4EXT recovery. 4EXT recovery will pre-flash the kernel, if you enter the 4EXT recovery settings and tell it to use "Smart Flash."

You can search the forum and find the instructions to get 4EXT recovery on your phone (I think WinDroid Universal will do it) Then you can go back and flash your ICS ROM.
Currently the most stable are the ICS--unless you want to play around or start dev'ing or just for fun, GB is too old, and KK is too new.

Thanks a lot. Your reply gave a some hope and I went back to working on it. However, when in 4EXT, I started have the issue of "can't mount SD card. Neither my internal or external SD card would mount.

Then I did some more research that found out that I can also manually Flash boot.img if I didn't use 4EXT. And much to my surprise that worked!!

So my phone is working now in CM 10. however, I still can't mount my SD cards, internal and external. Would you be able to help me that too?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by moonrocker316; 5th June 2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo
6th June 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag San Pedro

299 posts
More
mount cards
Quote:

I still can't mount my SD cards, internal and external. Would you be able to help me that too?

Thanks in advance.

Glad you found a good way to do that, and are self-motivated.
When mine wouldn't mount, I went into the 4EXT tools, told it to check the partitions, repair the filesystem, fix permissions, and then it worked for me. It was is if it had to re-discover the cards or something..., I really don't know. If that don't fix it for you, come back and someone else will have some ideas.
And search around a little--I'm sure that's happened to others.
6th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
More
Quote:

If that don't fix it for you, come back and someone else will have some ideas.
And search around a little--I'm sure that's happened to others.

I did the 4EXT sd card check, file system check, partition check, but still having the same issue. Also, Its only happening to Internal SD card. The external SD card is mounting now (I guess after doing the checks in 4EXT)

I am doing searches now, lets see what I can come back with.
6th June 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #6  
Flag San Pedro

299 posts
More
can't mount internal
Quote:

I did the 4EXT sd card check, file system check, partition check, but still having the same issue. Also, Its only happening to Internal SD card. The external SD card is mounting now (I guess after doing the checks in 4EXT)

I am doing searches now, lets see what I can come back with.

You might try it without the external SD in it. Also, someone recently said something about a special way to format the internal I think.
Maybe it was here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592999
The Following User Says Thank You to pbergonzi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
More
Quote:

You might try it without the external SD in it. Also, someone recently said something about a special way to format the internal I think.
Maybe it was here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592999

I actually did a format from Recovery and that fixed it! Now the internal SD card is available.
22nd August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
I need help on upgrading htc amaze to ics or higerm plz help

Sent from my Nokia_XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread