No registration required

Op g pro mods and now working splitview

OP nicklefloss

4th August 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #231  
Thanks Meter: 32

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel2000

if you rename your messaging app to "UniMessagebin(old).apk" it will still be active and when you paste LGMessage.apk to the priv-app folder the system will use the latest, however you also mention that you didn't replace or rename your .odex file but that is odd since i am thinking it should be
UniMessagebin.apk.old
UniMessagebin.odex.old

right?no?
then just copy and paste LGMessage.apk to the same folder set permissions as 644 then reboot? after this it still crashes on startup.

I have a logcat if someone wants to look at it

Once UniMessagebin.apk is renamed to UniMessagebin(old).apk, the system will terminate the apk. Upon setting LGMessage.apk and setting permissions then rebooting, the system will immediately recognize it as the messaging app.

I experimented with porting the g3 apks together with the odex files, and what ultimately happened was that no changes occured. Then when I tried without the .odex the changes began taking into effect. I was able to port almost all the g3 apps and interface files, except for a handful, by simply knowing where the files should be copied, renaming old files, copying the new files to destination folder, setting permissions then rebooting
15th August 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #232  
Thanks Meter: 53

526 posts
Can you update G3 flavored rom with everything working such as screen mirror, q remote?
16th August 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #233  

526 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf

Not that i know. Try with odex file and without it. After moving the file to system and setup permission, reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

Can you update G3 flavored rom with everything working such as screen mirror, q remote?
17th August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #234  

526 posts
Dead thread?
21st August 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #235  

526 posts
Officially dead
23rd August 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #236  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegger

Once UniMessagebin.apk is renamed to UniMessagebin(old).apk, the system will terminate the apk. Upon setting LGMessage.apk and setting permissions then rebooting, the system will immediately recognize it as the messaging app.

I experimented with porting the g3 apks together with the odex files, and what ultimately happened was that no changes occured. Then when I tried without the .odex the changes began taking into effect. I was able to port almost all the g3 apps and interface files, except for a handful, by simply knowing where the files should be copied, renaming old files, copying the new files to destination folder, setting permissions then rebooting

Hey I wish I could help you in this effort. Are you trying to do this on stock? For some reason stock is the hardest thing to modify.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread