Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Op g pro mods and now working splitview

Tip us?

blitzkriegger
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel2000 View Post
if you rename your messaging app to "UniMessagebin(old).apk" it will still be active and when you paste LGMessage.apk to the priv-app folder the system will use the latest, however you also mention that you didn't replace or rename your .odex file but that is odd since i am thinking it should be
UniMessagebin.apk.old
UniMessagebin.odex.old

right?no?
then just copy and paste LGMessage.apk to the same folder set permissions as 644 then reboot? after this it still crashes on startup.

I have a logcat if someone wants to look at it
Once UniMessagebin.apk is renamed to UniMessagebin(old).apk, the system will terminate the apk. Upon setting LGMessage.apk and setting permissions then rebooting, the system will immediately recognize it as the messaging app.

I experimented with porting the g3 apks together with the odex files, and what ultimately happened was that no changes occured. Then when I tried without the .odex the changes began taking into effect. I was able to port almost all the g3 apps and interface files, except for a handful, by simply knowing where the files should be copied, renaming old files, copying the new files to destination folder, setting permissions then rebooting

dpalmer76
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Can you update G3 flavored rom with everything working such as screen mirror, q remote?

dpalmer76
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamf View Post
Not that i know. Try with odex file and without it. After moving the file to system and setup permission, reboot and clear cache and dalvik.
Can you update G3 flavored rom with everything working such as screen mirror, q remote?

dpalmer76
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Dead thread?

dpalmer76
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Officially dead

nicklefloss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegger View Post
Once UniMessagebin.apk is renamed to UniMessagebin(old).apk, the system will terminate the apk. Upon setting LGMessage.apk and setting permissions then rebooting, the system will immediately recognize it as the messaging app.

I experimented with porting the g3 apks together with the odex files, and what ultimately happened was that no changes occured. Then when I tried without the .odex the changes began taking into effect. I was able to port almost all the g3 apps and interface files, except for a handful, by simply knowing where the files should be copied, renaming old files, copying the new files to destination folder, setting permissions then rebooting
Hey I wish I could help you in this effort. Are you trying to do this on stock? For some reason stock is the hardest thing to modify.
Phone list: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung Moment, Samsung Epic, HTC EVO, HTC EVO 3d, Samsung Epic touch, Samsung Galaxy s iii ---- Don't know what is next.