Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from lj50036: CROMBi-kk Test Release!

ROM★★★TF201 KitKat 4.4.4-CROMBi-kk-RC2-Aug 10★★★

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
No they are saying you cant use them at the same time

This is do to a hardware issue not the software ..

Thx Josh
I am not TF201 expert but if you need help testing anything, let me know.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

cutefuzzybunny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Went through the process this past week using the rom from May which was suggested by several in the thread for having all the features (wifi, camera, etc) and being pretty stable.

Got stuck in the directions when they referenced pushing the ne0win loader "mentioned above". Took me a few minutes to realize I had to click on the 'download' tab above the forum post to find the rest of the files needed. The directions to push things via fastboot 'and then go find them' left me looking a while. They're in the TWRP folder. I ended up speeding a lot of it up just by copying the files to an sd card instead of pushing them with fastboot.

Once I got past all of that, I flashed with all default options and the tablet runs beautifully. I was ready to drop this tab in a drawer. I'd put a 4.3 rom on it that sped it up some but it crashed and slowed to a crawl often enough that I usually ended up frustrated with trying to use it.

Everything I've tried works fine, wifi, camera, etc. I've loaded a bunch of apps and they all work fine. The speed is excellent and its been rock solid stable so far.

So unless you need the very latest and greatest bleeding edge and just want a solid stable speedy rom, go with the May version.

TacoNikky
Old
(Last edited by TacoNikky; Yesterday at 10:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog View Post
Something to try for both of you, if after you reboot your tablet with the dock, do NOT touch the volume keys on your tablet for a while and test to see if the power button can still wake and lock your tablet. Now try using the volume keys on the tablet with the dock plugged in and then see if the power button ceases to work.
I tested it and you are right. Power button works when you don't touch volume rocker. If you use volume rocker, power button doesn't work until reboot
It happens just using docked

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I am not TF201 expert but if you need help testing anything, let me know.
I do need your help, to many noob in here....

Plz shoot me a PM

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
I do need your help, to many noob in here....

Plz shoot me a PM

Thx Josh
hahaha you got it

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
hahaha you got it
Are you running the lastest version with the wifi fix ?