Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] Updating NT Internal EMMC to CM11 from CM10.x

Tip us?

digixmax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mononon View Post
Can't seem to figure this out myself. I have Twrp 2.6.3.0 and it won't let me flash CWM or CM11. Just gives the standard flashing error. Any ideas?
What error message did you get?

Mononon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax View Post
What error message did you get?
Just a regular "Error blah/blah/blah.zip not flashed".

digixmax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Just a regular "Error blah/blah/blah.zip not flashed".
Did you get more diagnostic info just prior to "... .zip not flashed"?

Also, you should be able to flash CM11 and the corresponding Gapps using TWRP v2.6.3.0 you currently. If that does not work, check to see that you have the right version and uncorrupted download zip file for CM11.

Mononon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax View Post
Did you get more diagnostic info just prior to "... .zip not flashed"?

Also, you should be able to flash CM11 and the corresponding Gapps using TWRP v2.6.3.0 you currently. If that does not work, check to see that you have the right version and uncorrupted download zip file for CM11.
I'll have to see what it says later when I get home, but it didn't have an error number or much extra. Just tried to flash then stopped. My first guess was a corrupted download, but I've downloaded several different nightlies several different times. I downloaded CM11 for encore from the CM11 thread in this forum.

digixmax
Old
(Last edited by digixmax; 14th August 2014 at 10:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
I downloaded CM11 for encore from the CM11 thread in this forum.
Encore is for the Nook Color, you need the build for Acclaim (assuming that your device is the Nook Tablet). This is what I meant in my previous post by "check to see that you have the right version".

rrvball
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default having some trouble

Ok, it's been a while since I rooted and flashed my Nook tablet and I thought it was about time to upgrade it from CM7.

So, I found this thread and followed the instructions. For some reason, the first several times I tried to flash the ROM, I received the messages:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...

then, the NT flashed a few times (2 or 3) and rebooted.

So, I flashed CWM back to 6.0.2.8 and tried to flash CM10.2. The same thing happened the first 2 times, and on the third, it got to:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update package...

before it flashed and rebooted.

Note, every time I flashed a new recovery (either CWM 6.0.2.8, 6.0.4.5 (which comes up as 6.0.4.6), or 6.0.4.8) they seemed to work just fine (i.e., after the reboot and selecting recovery emmc from the boot menu, the new recovery was loaded and running). It was only trying to flash the ROM that the NT flashed and rebooted.

So, then I went back and flashed CWM 6.0.4.5 again and rebooted and flashed CM11 (cm-11-20140803-SNAPSHOT-M9-acclaim.zip), and this time it worked without issue. I then flashed the GAPPS (pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140818-signed.zip) and it worked without issue also.

Is it normal to take several tries to get it to flash a ROM?

Ok, so now I have CM11 running and it seems to be working nice and fast, except, the Google Search app locks up after performing the search and displaying the results. The results are there, but clicking anything results in absolutely nothing happening and about 25 seconds later, the NT shuts itself off. Turning it back on results in a cold power on (i.e., it goes through the whole boot process). Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Randy

digixmax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrvball View Post
Ok, so now I have CM11 running and it seems to be working nice and fast, except, the Google Search app locks up after performing the search and displaying the results. The results are there, but clicking anything results in absolutely nothing happening and about 25 seconds later, the NT shuts itself off. Turning it back on results in a cold power on (i.e., it goes through the whole boot process). Does anybody have a solution for this problem?
I have had this "Google search lockup & crash" problem as you described beginning with M7 on. I reported it on the Official CM11 thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560827) but have not heard of any solution.