Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KTU84P][4.4.4][BETA 3] AOSP/CodeAurora kitkat-4.4.4

Tip us?

surajrv6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoboo View Post
No.
ok thanks

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-
Old
Thanks Meter 36
This is the second 4.4.4 ROM that I have problems with (the first being port of AOKP).
The problem, quite radical, which renders these 4.4.4 ROMs unusable is that the phone after some time cannot be brought back from sleep. Power button is dead. Volume rocker as well (AOKP had option of waking the phone up with volume keys).

My firmware is 15.4.A.1.9. People had similar problems with AOKP and it was suggested that they change I/O scheduler to noop and governor to interactive, but that didn't help in my case. The phone still drops into coma after some time and the only way to wake it up is to remove the battery.

I've been battling this for two days now. Does anyone have any ideas on why is that happening?
www.mariotomic.com .:. my photography gallery
The Following User Says Thank You to -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prppedro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
This is the second 4.4.4 ROM that I have problems with (the first being port of AOKP).
The problem, quite radical, which renders these 4.4.4 ROMs unusable is that the phone after some time cannot be brought back from sleep. Power button is dead. Volume rocker as well (AOKP had option of waking the phone up with volume keys).

My firmware is 15.4.A.1.9. People had similar problems with AOKP and it was suggested that they change I/O scheduler to noop and governor to interactive, but that didn't help in my case. The phone still drops into coma after some time and the only way to wake it up is to remove the battery.

I've been battling this for two days now. Does anyone have any ideas on why is that happening?
When I tried to install FXP329 for the first time, I had the same problem. It would fall asleep forever until I take off the batteries and turn it on.

One XDA colleague, which the name I can't remember, said me to just reflash it. Well, I always used to think "The one which knows fix it, the one who doesn't press format button" when it came to x86 plataform. However, because I'm reasonably new when it comes to that little ARM devices, I've choose to wipe and reflash. And it worked flawlessly, then. Later, I had problems with the launcher, but it's what custom ROMs are about: sometimes you can't expect it to be stable, altough it tends to be so almost all the time.

Well, this is it... Try to reflash it. May be with another ROM. See if it works...

Cheers.