Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless Charging Sound - how to stop it!!

Tip us?
 
shyam09
Old
(Last edited by shyam09; 26th April 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [Q] Wireless Charging Sound - how to stop it!!

So just got a QI charger from ebay for my note 3. Whenever I place it on the charger, the "Over the Horizon" ringtone starts playing (I narrowed it down, more details below). When I remove it from the charger, the song keeps playing. When someone calls me, the ringtone keeps playing (so I can hear both the music and the voice). When I shut the phone down, the ringtone plays until the phone actually shuts down.

What I've done:
Since I narrowed it down by listening to all the .ogg files in the /system/media/audio folder, i figured I would just take the ringtone and replace it with a silent one. That doesn't work ...

I'm planning on just using Silent Time to shut the stupid sound from when I go to sleep, but I don't have a fixed sleeping schedule either which sucks ...

Is there any other way to deal with this?

UPDATE 1: Found that there was an .mp3 of that song on the internal SD... deleted it, but no change ...
UPDATE 2: Realized that even if I use Silent Time, it makes no difference because the moment Silent Time stops, the music is going to begin playing again...
UPDATE 3: in the /system/media folder there seems to be a bunch if .qmg files that are titled "battery_wireless_charging_X.qmg"
with X = multiples of 5, all the way up 100... any thoughts on that?
 
carl1961
Old
#2  
carl1961's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,991
Posts: 5,009
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tickfaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam09 View Post
So just got a QI charger from ebay for my note 3. Whenever I place it on the charger, the "Over the Horizon" ringtone starts playing (I narrowed it down, more details below). When I remove it from the charger, the song keeps playing. When someone calls me, the ringtone keeps playing (so I can hear both the music and the voice). When I shut the phone down, the ringtone plays until the phone actually shuts down.

What I've done:
Since I narrowed it down by listening to all the .ogg files in the /system/media/audio folder, i figured I would just take the ringtone and replace it with a silent one. That doesn't work ...

I'm planning on just using Silent Time to shut the stupid sound from when I go to sleep, but I don't have a fixed sleeping schedule either which sucks ...

Is there any other way to deal with this?

UPDATE 1: Found that there was an .mp3 of that song on the internal SD... deleted it, but no change ...
UPDATE 2: Realized that even if I use Silent Time, it makes no difference because the moment Silent Time stops, the music is going to begin playing again...
it's been posted before that you turn the volume all the way down or mute the phone, before you place on the charger, after on charger they said you can unmute your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shyam09
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
it's been posted before that you turn the volume all the way down or mute the phone, before you place on the charger, after on charger they said you can unmute your phone
that ... worked ... : Thanks!
 
surroot
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam09 View Post
that ... worked ... : Thanks!
Are there any updates on this?
When I plug in my Galaxy Tab S T800 when the sound is on it starts looping the Over the horizon sound...
 
xcluzivkido
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
it's been posted before that you turn the volume all the way down or mute the phone, before you place on the charger, after on charger they said you can unmute your phone
i am having the same problem but with all of the system sounds .... it starts playing whenever there is a system sound :/
... can i get a link to that thread ?
 
Zugshad
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 937
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcluzivkido View Post
i am having the same problem but with all of the system sounds .... it starts playing whenever there is a system sound :/
... can i get a link to that thread ?
If rooted you can use wanam module from xsposed to turn off the sounds.. Might be able to with gravity box as well but pretty sure wanam will fix this for you

From my Fired-up Kitty
Current Phone :
Samsung Galaxy Note III
ROM-
Kernel-


Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB

Previous Phones :
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Captivate
Iphone 3G

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


New Nvidia SHIELD Tablet OTA! Moto G 4G Gets Official CyangenMod 11 Nightlies – XDA Developer TV

The Nvidia SHIELD Tablet gets its … more

Prevent Apps from Locking Screen Orientation with HaveOwnOrientation

Most applications on Android play nicely with both landscape and … more

Create Your Own Launcher with HTMLauncher

There are hundreds of launcher replacement applications available for Android. Most of them are … more

First ROMs Appear for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

TheNvidia Shield Tablethas only been available for a little over a month. In that short time, … more