Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ACTUAL 4.4.4 GPE/AOSP ROMS for SAFESRAP 4.4.2 NC2/NC5+ 4.3MK2&more!

Tip us?

mfun89
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I gave the 4.4.4 gpe version (not echoe) a try and it booted fine and was faster and smoother than any tw based rom I've ever ran but I couldn't get any network signal or wifi and I also couldn't access the sd card. I just wish the people at Verizon could just unlock our bootloaders and make the process a whole lot easier
Verizon Galaxy S4 4.4.2
Safestrap 3.72

[U]Roms[U]
Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14)
ChaosROM-VZW-V2.6-NCx-4.4.2-SS-MDK-MULTI-THEMED

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfun89 View Post
I gave the 4.4.4 gpe version (not echoe) a try and it booted fine and was faster and smoother than any tw based rom I've ever ran but I couldn't get any network signal or wifi and I also couldn't access the sd card. I just wish the people at Verizon could just unlock our bootloaders and make the process a whole lot easier
It would actually be Samsung that would handle a boot loader unlock solution, but of course that's never going to happen.
Try the AT&T ROM in the general subforum. Pretty stable for me.
a funny blurb about something goes here.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4: (ROM: haven't been on one for longer than a week) (Recovery: Safestrap 3.72)
Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet: (ROM: CyanogenMod 11 [milestone builds]) (Recovery: CWM)
Previous Devices: LG Vortex, Samsung Fascinate

marbertshere
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
To get the WiFi, flash modules then do a soft reboot. If your Wi-Fi ever disappears just do a soft reboot.

The Verizon and At&t threads have more info on how to fix the others, or you can pm me (i can solve your data problem on VZW, at least).

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
It would actually be Samsung that would handle a boot loader unlock solution, but of course that's never going to happen.
Try the AT&T ROM in the general subforum. Pretty stable for me.
You've tried a few of these AOSP styled/GPE ROMs, right? Which one is your favorite so far?

mfun89
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
To get the WiFi, flash modules then do a soft reboot. If your Wi-Fi ever disappears just do a soft reboot.

The Verizon and At&t threads have more info on how to fix the others, or you can pm me (i can solve your data problem on VZW, at least).

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

You've tried a few of these AOSP styled/GPE ROMs, right? Which one is your favorite so far?
Are there any other aosp themed roms besides eclipse tw?
Verizon Galaxy S4 4.4.2
Safestrap 3.72

[U]Roms[U]
Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14)
ChaosROM-VZW-V2.6-NCx-4.4.2-SS-MDK-MULTI-THEMED

marbertshere
Old
(Last edited by marbertshere; Today at 09:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Are there any other aosp themed roms besides eclipse tw?
Yeah. For starters, there's an actual AOSP GPE rom for SafeStrap users now. It's available for At&t and Verizon. That's what I'm running now.

Other ROMs that come to mind are BlackBox, Illusion, Slim ROM, Echoe... Some are SS ok, some aren't.

Edit: I just realized what thread I'm on.. Check out the OP!

gigilie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
Yeah. For starters, there's an actual AOSP GPE rom for SafeStrap users now. It's available for At&t and Verizon. That's what I'm running now.

Other ROMs that come to mind are BlackBox, Illusion, Slim ROM, Echoe... Some are SS ok, some aren't.

Edit: I just realized what thread I'm on.. Check out the OP!
marbertshere/anyone that wants to help me bring the 1st CM ROM to Safestrap try the PAC ROM port in the International Development section... needing help porting it but it will boot goin to at least need something done with the dialer/mms portion but its a nice aroma installer with a stock kernel option. which is what makes running these AOSP/GPE ROms possible is the compatability the inital build has with the stock ROM.

and I'll be getting those ROMs in the OP fixed up here soon enough but I'm having a hell of a time getting the 4g / menu options / apn settings to give me data consistently in 4g or LTE. 3g no problem it seems... if anyone can put together a little patch or even zip their etc dir if they do have consistent 4g data with wifi and send it to me youd save me a headache or two