Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 37,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RUU M8_VZW files (s-off only)

Tip us?

JediMindTrixx
Old
(Last edited by JediMindTrixx; 22nd August 2014 at 08:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyolph View Post
Ok so I chatted up with HTC. They said I could use one of their 3 options:
1.) Send in the phone for repair under their Advantage program to get fixed.
2.) Send them my phone and they send a refurb out once they receive it.
3.) They will send me a phone first and I'll send mine out after. $600 cc hold until they receive my phone.

So now..since I can't seem to get this thing back to stock using this approach which option should I take....decisions decisions.
Has anyone tried sending in their phone with a custom ROM on it still and not had issues with warranty?
Also...any idea how good of quality their refurbs are? My phone is emaculate minus this one major issue. lol
Have you tried to flash another custom ROM just to see if it is a hardware issue or maybe something in ViperOne?

Have you tried this?
Wicked Fast RED HTC One -- ViperOne 2.1.0
Galaxy S5 -- Stock Rooted

rudyolph
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMindTrixx View Post
Have you tried to flash another custom ROM just to see if it is a hardware issue or maybe something in ViperOne?

Have you tried this?
Yes I tried that method. I have also tried carbon rom, multiple version of viperone, and also just recently a stock rom with nothing but root. The viper roms either fail to install or once I finally get an install working everything crashes later on. Carbon ROM didn't completely install even though it looked like it did. I only had half a adroid built and most things were missing and apps crashed. The stock ROM I just did looked very promising. The install went smooth and it ran great for a couple hours. Then...it started crashing like crazy again and locking up. I'm definitely thinking this is a hardware issue. Some kind of memory issue most likely. Hopefully the refurb is in decent condition because my phone is super immaculate. Scratches make me crazy.

JediMindTrixx
Old
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I tried that method. I have also tried carbon rom, multiple version of viperone, and also just recently a stock rom with nothing but root. The viper roms either fail to install or once I finally get an install working everything crashes later on. Carbon ROM didn't completely install even though it looked like it did. I only had half a adroid built and most things were missing and apps crashed. The stock ROM I just did looked very promising. The install went smooth and it ran great for a couple hours. Then...it started crashing like crazy again and locking up. I'm definitely thinking this is a hardware issue. Some kind of memory issue most likely. Hopefully the refurb is in decent condition because my phone is super immaculate. Scratches make me crazy.
Yeah, that sucks bro! One more thing you could try is get a SD card and make sure to wipe internal in twrp, if you can't get SD card, attach your phone to your PC and delete everything but the folder with ROMs in it since with no SD card you can't wipe internal.

The refurbs are usually pretty decent.

rudyolph
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hmm I thought you could still wipe internal with twrp regardless of a physical SD?

JediMindTrixx
Old
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmm I thought you could still wipe internal with twrp regardless of a physical SD?
I just looked, you're probably right since it does say "Internal Storage." I just remember on my M7 I wiped internal and everything was gone. It was a bitch to get back. Had to sideload my ROM. If you wiped it before, then you're absolutely correct... I know if may sound dumb, but try wiping everything x3. I've since residual stuff left from previous ROMs. What version of TWRP are you using?

rudyolph
Old
Thanks Meter 0
2.7.1.0 which is the latest for the m8.

Tigerstown
Old
Thanks Meter 477
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/bu...lv_8-20-14.img

Here is the twrp I'm using.
sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04