Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why can't I watch my movies in HD on Google Play Movies with an AOSP ROM?

Tip us?
 
XxSilent.NightmarexX
Old
#11  
XxSilent.NightmarexX's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles/El Monte

 
DONATE TO ME
I just don't know what is making custom kernels not google play movie friendly
-InsanelyEpic
 
iBolski
Old
#12  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,322
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSilent.NightmarexX View Post
Ummm I don't think so because my note 3 is running a rooted stock ROM but I think it's a kernel issue because I put a custom kernel on my stock ROM and it made google play movies to stop playing completely
I agree. Under stock, I'm rooted and movies will play. Under non-stock roms, they won't work except via Chromecast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
 
XxSilent.NightmarexX
Old
#13  
XxSilent.NightmarexX's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles/El Monte

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
I agree. Under stock, I'm rooted and movies will play. Under non-stock roms, they won't work except via Chromecast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yea or anything with a custom kernel. This is the only phone that I have a problem with Google play movies playing. That's why I'm stuck in Stock rooted rom. The only rom that didn't cause trouble for me was wicked
-InsanelyEpic
 
iBolski
Old
#14  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,322
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSilent.NightmarexX View Post
Yea or anything with a custom kernel. This is the only phone that I have a problem with Google play movies playing. That's why I'm stuck in Stock rooted rom. The only rom that didn't cause trouble for me was wicked
I have the same issue on my Nexus 7 2012 tablet, not just my RAZR HD.


Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
 
XxSilent.NightmarexX
Old
#15  
XxSilent.NightmarexX's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles/El Monte

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
I have the same issue on my Nexus 7 2012 tablet, not just my RAZR HD.


Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Custom kernel too?
-InsanelyEpic
 
iBolski
Old
#16  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,322
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSilent.NightmarexX View Post
Custom kernel too?
Cm11 kernel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes