Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ACTUAL 4.4.4 GPE/AOSP ROMS for SAFESRAP 4.4.2 NC2/NC5+ 4.3MK2&more!

Tip us?

mfun89
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I gave the 4.4.4 gpe version (not echoe) a try and it booted fine and was faster and smoother than any tw based rom I've ever ran but I couldn't get any network signal or wifi and I also couldn't access the sd card. I just wish the people at Verizon could just unlock our bootloaders and make the process a whole lot easier
Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.72

Roms

Super Nexus 4.4.4 AOSP Safestap (currently running)
Echoe v29.1 s5 port

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfun89 View Post
I gave the 4.4.4 gpe version (not echoe) a try and it booted fine and was faster and smoother than any tw based rom I've ever ran but I couldn't get any network signal or wifi and I also couldn't access the sd card. I just wish the people at Verizon could just unlock our bootloaders and make the process a whole lot easier
It would actually be Samsung that would handle a boot loader unlock solution, but of course that's never going to happen.
Try the AT&T ROM in the general subforum. Pretty stable for me.
i dont really need a signature anymore.
samsung gs4 - eclipse , b&n nook tablet - cm10

marbertshere
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
To get the WiFi, flash modules then do a soft reboot. If your Wi-Fi ever disappears just do a soft reboot.

The Verizon and At&t threads have more info on how to fix the others, or you can pm me (i can solve your data problem on VZW, at least).

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
It would actually be Samsung that would handle a boot loader unlock solution, but of course that's never going to happen.
Try the AT&T ROM in the general subforum. Pretty stable for me.
You've tried a few of these AOSP styled/GPE ROMs, right? Which one is your favorite so far?

mfun89
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
To get the WiFi, flash modules then do a soft reboot. If your Wi-Fi ever disappears just do a soft reboot.

The Verizon and At&t threads have more info on how to fix the others, or you can pm me (i can solve your data problem on VZW, at least).

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

You've tried a few of these AOSP styled/GPE ROMs, right? Which one is your favorite so far?
Are there any other aosp themed roms besides eclipse tw?
Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.72

Roms

Echoe v29.1 s5 port

marbertshere
Old
(Last edited by marbertshere; 23rd August 2014 at 09:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Are there any other aosp themed roms besides eclipse tw?
Yeah. For starters, there's an actual AOSP GPE rom for SafeStrap users now. It's available for At&t and Verizon. That's what I'm running now.

Other ROMs that come to mind are BlackBox, Illusion, Slim ROM, Echoe... Some are SS ok, some aren't.

Edit: I just realized what thread I'm on.. Check out the OP!

gigilie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 612

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah. For starters, there's an actual AOSP GPE rom for SafeStrap users now. It's available for At&t and Verizon. That's what I'm running now.

Other ROMs that come to mind are BlackBox, Illusion, Slim ROM, Echoe... Some are SS ok, some aren't.

marbertshere/anyone that wants to help me bring the 1st CM ROM to Safestrap try the PAC ROM port in the International Development section... needing help porting it but it will boot goin to at least need something done with the dialer/mms portion but its a nice aroma installer with a stock kernel option. which is what makes running these AOSP/GPE ROms possible is the compatability the inital build has with the stock ROM.

and I'll be getting those ROMs in the OP fixed up here soon enough but I'm having a hell of a time getting the 4g / menu options / apn settings to give me data consistently in 4g or LTE. 3g no problem it seems... if anyone can put together a little patch or even zip their etc dir if they do have consistent 4g data with wifi and send it to me youd save me a headache or two

mfun89
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Can you link me to the thread with the aosp gpe rom?
Verizon Galaxy S4
Safestrap 3.72

Roms

Echoe v29.1 s5 port

derrickdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 25
What's the difference between at&t roms and Verizon roms?! Will it cause issues if my phone is a Verizon sim unlocked s4 using t-mobile sim and correct apn settings and I flash an AT&T rom? Sorry for noob question.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

marbertshere
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Can you link me to the thread with the aosp gpe rom?
Here's the link to instructions on how to flash it for Verizon:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2817708

The original (AT&T) thread is linked in there as well.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdroid View Post
What's the difference between at&t roms and Verizon roms?! Will it cause issues if my phone is a Verizon sim unlocked s4 using t-mobile sim and correct apn settings and I flash an AT&T rom? Sorry for noob question.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Hm.. When I had to flash the ROM in my Verizon phone I had to switch out the apn file from my stock ROM with the one in the AT&T ROM ZIP file. This gave me access to the Verizon network. If you did the same thing in pretty sure it would give you access to the t-mobile network.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about these things but I'm pretty sure it would work since you have a Verizon phone. Check out the VZW thread if you haven't already: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2817708