Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from a2441918: I present you the Carbon Rom based on Cm11 sources

[Rom] [Unofficial] Carbon Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [30.07.14]

Tip us?

FCORivers
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonize View Post
If you want a working camera etc in your CM11 I'd go with http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2850790 since the dev there actually has the device and is active in making the rom work rather than compiling three other people's work without contributing anything and not even owning the device.
They still went thru the time and efforts to put this together, its just not like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to FCORivers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carbonize
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCORivers View Post
They still went thru the time and efforts to put this together, its just not like that.
You mean he pointed his Ide at the relevant repository and told it to compile? Lot of effort.
C a r b o n i z e

lunerceli
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You mean he pointed his Ide at the relevant repository and told it to compile? Lot of effort.
I don't know if you have ever compiled anything before but just getting the repositories and compiling isn't always the case. There are still things that has to be done before that step can happen. Trust me I know. So before you start criticizing someone over just doing that then why don't you trying it for yourself and give back to the community like he was trying to do.
Lunerceli ROM Development Donations:PayPal Donations

Donations aren't just for giving your money to someone you don't know for the hell of it. They are there to show your appreciation of the person doing the work and buying them a beer or two for taking their time to give you something great and free.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunerceli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carbonize
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunerceli View Post
I don't know if you have ever compiled anything before but just getting the repositories and compiling isn't always the case. There are still things that has to be done before that step can happen. Trust me I know. So before you start criticizing someone over just doing that then why don't you trying it for yourself and give back to the community like he was trying to do.
How is just compiling three different ROMs and not adding anything to their development contributing? And yes I have compiled in the dim and distant past.
C a r b o n i z e

lunerceli
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How is just compiling three different ROMs and not adding anything to their development contributing? And yes I have compiled in the dim and distant past.
Because not all sources will work completely with the sources you need. I am about to start compiling slimkat, am I going to change anything? Not unless someone posts a bug they are having. All trees pretty much come from the same person for that phone. Others will fork them and add their own things to them but that isn't allows the case. And if someone didn't compile the build and upload it then there would not be that type of ROM. Anything is always considered contributing. Even if it is just uploading something someone requested.
Lunerceli ROM Development Donations:PayPal Donations

Donations aren't just for giving your money to someone you don't know for the hell of it. They are there to show your appreciation of the person doing the work and buying them a beer or two for taking their time to give you something great and free.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunerceli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrburkh
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I appreciate the compiling as I don't have the knowledge to do it, and currently don't care to learn, but enjoy being able to check out the new and exciting stuff.

Slicktune
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrburkh View Post
I appreciate the compiling as I don't have the knowledge to do it, and currently don't care to learn, but enjoy being able to check out the new and exciting stuff.
Can't I just flash this over the current cm11 rom? Its the same base and should just add the difference which is setting features... I remember doing this in the S3/S4 days [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

adj998
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune View Post
Can't I just flash this over the current cm11 rom? Its the same base and should just add the difference which is setting features... I remember doing this in the S3/S4 days [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]
Have you found a working link?