[Script][Tool][Windows][4.4]Convert Any Rom to Full F2FS

OP NABENDU1

21st August 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
Tool for Tilapia
@NABENDU1
Can you release a version for the Nexus 7 3g Tilapia Model?
21st August 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #132  
OP Senior Member
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 625

249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123

@NABENDU1

I have atm stopped development for this Tool as im back on ext4 ( on my nexus 4 ) dont own a Nexus 7 neither Nexus5.

Reason for reverting back is its not really helpful on the system partition in my view.since system is a read only partiton. If you format /data into F2FS youll be at the same performance level as with the System one.

Personally i wont mind building one for the 3G model. Only stuff ill need is an f2fs compatible boot.img and the updaterscript from your current rom ( though i really dont need the updater script also.

@poo706 has carried where I left to a new level so might be u can get in touch with him too !!

Enjoy and have a nyc day ahead !!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NABENDU1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123

@NABENDU1

Link me to a ROM you want to convert. Also, are you interested in Windows, Linux, Mac, or Android to do the converting on?

[poo]
22nd August 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABENDU1

I have atm stopped development for this Tool as im back on ext4 ( on my nexus 4 ) dont own a Nexus 7 neither Nexus5.

Reason for reverting back is its not really helpful on the system partition in my view.since system is a read only partiton. If you format /data into F2FS youll be at the same performance level as with the System one.

Personally i wont mind building one for the 3G model. Only stuff ill need is an f2fs compatible boot.img and the updaterscript from your current rom ( though i really dont need the updater script also.

@poo706 has carried where I left to a new level so might be u can get in touch with him too !!

Enjoy and have a nyc day ahead !!

Thanks for the heads up! I think the latest TWRP for tilapia has an option to wipe the partitions to f2fs - though not tested by me. Also legolas has released his modified recovery for tilapia as well. So if I just convert the data and run a matching kernel eg faux, with F2fs ROM should I be good? Question is how can it be baked into a single ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Last edited by sudipt123; 22nd August 2014 at 12:43 AM.
22nd August 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 36

1,002 posts
Guys.
Just need some help in the proper direction.
Flashed an F2FS kernel and than dirty Unicorn ROM which don't think was f2fs
optimized (not one of the latest versions)
Also, after reading think it was an older version of TWRP.
If I hold the down and power button get into the recovery but
can't seem to connect to the computer.
Can't find download mode as it just stays on the google screen and than goes dark.
Would love some explanation of how to hopefully recover from this.
Thank you.
22nd August 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #136  
Flag Nepi, Viterbo, Italy
Thanks Meter: 21

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know that you can't connect twrp directly to PC. You need to boot the phone to do it.
I don't understand if you have the proper recovery, but try to flash a ROM and boot it. After that you can connect the phone to PC. If you don't have any ROM on your phone you have to install a factory image. It happened to me once and I solved by install a factory image from fastboot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
24th August 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #137  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 223

236 posts
More
Is this All F2fs
So I just did a successful conversion. My question is, does full f2fs conversion mentioned in the OP mean that it turns the ROM to All-F2fs?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread