Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 39,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] flashing sling 2.2

Tip us?

kcuf12345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Help] flashing sling 2.2

i have a optimus g (f180l). i had it successfully converted to e975(10f) with unlock bootloader (mako) cwm.
i wanted to try this rom... sling 2.2 but im always stuck at lg logo hahaha.. i followed the instructions.. full wipe + install but still no luck.
dont know what to do please give me some advice.. thank you

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuf12345 View Post
i have a optimus g (f180l). i had it successfully converted to e975(10f) with unlock bootloader (mako) cwm.
i wanted to try this rom... sling 2.2 but im always stuck at lg logo hahaha.. i followed the instructions.. full wipe + install but still no luck.
You should try factory reset after flashing - it might help. Also, when you are on 10F, what is your /system partition size? 2GB is needed for KitKat. If it's less, you need to follow some steps to increase the partiton size. I didn't have to do it myself (my /system partition on JB was already 2GB), but from what I understand, flashing Paulicat's ROM will do it for you. Check out this thread for more info.
Optimus G F180S, VDT V23 (KK 4.4.2)
Galaxy S5, rooted stock 4.4.2
Venue 8, rooted stock 4.4.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kcuf12345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
You should try factory reset after flashing - it might help. Also, when you are on 10F, what is your /system partition size? 2GB is needed for KitKat. If it's less, you need to follow some steps to increase the partiton size. I didn't have to do it myself (my /system partition on JB was already 2GB), but from what I understand, flashing Paulicat's ROM will do it for you. Check out this thread for more info.
like other versions sir my converted e975(10f) has 25.04GB internal memory/2GB ram... i have a stock converted e975(10f) now.. ill try your suggestion sir.. thank you very much

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
like other versions sir my converted e975(10f) has 25.04GB internal memory/2GB ram... i have a stock converted e975(10f) now..
That's not what I was talking about... You are referring to the total internal storage and RAM, but I meant how much of that internal storage is allocated to your /system partition. Depending on the firmware version, it's either 1.5GB or 2GB. You can easily check it using apps like TiBU or some system utilities, or just by typing "df" in the terminal emulator. In order to flash Sling ROM, you need 2GB. My /system was already 2GB, so I didn't have a problem flashing Sling. But if it's 1.5GB, it seems that you need to flash Paulicat's KK first, that's why I linked the corresponding thread for you.
Optimus G F180S, VDT V23 (KK 4.4.2)
Galaxy S5, rooted stock 4.4.2
Venue 8, rooted stock 4.4.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

kcuf12345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
That's not what I was talking about... You are referring to the total internal storage and RAM, but I meant how much of that internal storage is allocated to your /system partition. Depending on the firmware version, it's either 1.5GB or 2GB. You can easily check it using apps like TiBU or some system utilities, or just by typing "df" in the terminal emulator. In order to flash Sling ROM, you need 2GB. My /system was already 2GB, so I didn't have a problem flashing Sling. But if it's 1.5GB, it seems that you need to flash Paulicat's KK first, that's why I linked the corresponding thread for you.
i've tried your linked sir.. uhm this is what had happed.. ive reflashed the kdz e97510h in the post. root the phone and install mako cwm. ive flashed the paulirom. wipe... etc. then flash the sling 2.1 wipe again. install the patch ... + su.. wipe ---- reboot.. it booted but. after a while there is a "kernel-error" that flashed in the screen ill try again to do it

delacruzivancarlo25
Old
(Last edited by delacruzivancarlo25; 24th August 2014 at 01:30 PM.) Reason: forgot the site
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
First you need to flash the australia E975K V.10D you can find the KDZ here @ http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20
Second boot it then unlock your bootloader you must use moka unlock cmw
3rd flash the rom follow the instruction on the thread.

im also exprience it and i have the same brand f180L

goodluck