Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Help] flashing sling 2.2

OP kcuf12345

28th June 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
i have a optimus g (f180l). i had it successfully converted to e975(10f) with unlock bootloader (mako) cwm.
i wanted to try this rom... sling 2.2 but im always stuck at lg logo hahaha.. i followed the instructions.. full wipe + install but still no luck.
dont know what to do please give me some advice.. thank you
28th June 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 623

1,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuf12345

i have a optimus g (f180l). i had it successfully converted to e975(10f) with unlock bootloader (mako) cwm.
i wanted to try this rom... sling 2.2 but im always stuck at lg logo hahaha.. i followed the instructions.. full wipe + install but still no luck.

You should try factory reset after flashing - it might help. Also, when you are on 10F, what is your /system partition size? 2GB is needed for KitKat. If it's less, you need to follow some steps to increase the partiton size. I didn't have to do it myself (my /system partition on JB was already 2GB), but from what I understand, flashing Paulicat's ROM will do it for you. Check out this thread for more info.
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

You should try factory reset after flashing - it might help. Also, when you are on 10F, what is your /system partition size? 2GB is needed for KitKat. If it's less, you need to follow some steps to increase the partiton size. I didn't have to do it myself (my /system partition on JB was already 2GB), but from what I understand, flashing Paulicat's ROM will do it for you. Check out this thread for more info.

like other versions sir my converted e975(10f) has 25.04GB internal memory/2GB ram... i have a stock converted e975(10f) now.. ill try your suggestion sir.. thank you very much
2nd July 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 623

1,360 posts
More
Quote:

like other versions sir my converted e975(10f) has 25.04GB internal memory/2GB ram... i have a stock converted e975(10f) now..

That's not what I was talking about... You are referring to the total internal storage and RAM, but I meant how much of that internal storage is allocated to your /system partition. Depending on the firmware version, it's either 1.5GB or 2GB. You can easily check it using apps like TiBU or some system utilities, or just by typing "df" in the terminal emulator. In order to flash Sling ROM, you need 2GB. My /system was already 2GB, so I didn't have a problem flashing Sling. But if it's 1.5GB, it seems that you need to flash Paulicat's KK first, that's why I linked the corresponding thread for you.
3rd July 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

That's not what I was talking about... You are referring to the total internal storage and RAM, but I meant how much of that internal storage is allocated to your /system partition. Depending on the firmware version, it's either 1.5GB or 2GB. You can easily check it using apps like TiBU or some system utilities, or just by typing "df" in the terminal emulator. In order to flash Sling ROM, you need 2GB. My /system was already 2GB, so I didn't have a problem flashing Sling. But if it's 1.5GB, it seems that you need to flash Paulicat's KK first, that's why I linked the corresponding thread for you.

i've tried your linked sir.. uhm this is what had happed.. ive reflashed the kdz e97510h in the post. root the phone and install mako cwm. ive flashed the paulirom. wipe... etc. then flash the sling 2.1 wipe again. install the patch ... + su.. wipe ---- reboot.. it booted but. after a while there is a "kernel-error" that flashed in the screen ill try again to do it
24th August 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Quote:

First you need to flash the australia E975K V.10D you can find the KDZ here @ http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20
Second boot it then unlock your bootloader you must use moka unlock cmw
3rd flash the rom follow the instruction on the thread.

im also exprience it and i have the same brand f180L

goodluck
Last edited by delacruzivancarlo25; 24th August 2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: forgot the site
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread