Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint LG G2, home key not working, screen not locking, no notifications

Tip us?

pokemaster787
Old
(Last edited by pokemaster787; 12th May 2014 at 12:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sprint LG G2, home key not working, screen not locking, no notifications

I recently updated to KitKat OTA a few days ago, I flashed the hotspot mod (although it didn't work) And I have TWRP installed. Aside from that I haven't touched any system files. The home button does nothing, it flashes and causes the phone to vibrate upon press but doesn't actually DO anything. I am not getting any notifications at all, my phone will vibrate but the notifications will not appear. Also, I have it set to lock with a PIN. But it doesn't lock, I'll lock it, wait, unlock it and it won't ask for the pin it'll just be right where it was when I locked it. Please could someone help me? It was working fine earlier, except the Play Store kept giving "No connection" so I restarted my phone and then all of these issues arose. Please could someone help me?

Edit: considering trying a factory reset through the settings, would this be safe considering I am rooted with TWRP installed?

Edit2: I'm trying to flash a stock Jellybean image using LG Flash tool. But the tutorial is telling me I need to go into device manager and set the COM port to 41. The problem is device manager isn't showing any com ports at all. I have the drivers installed and they worked fine before all this happened. The computer also doesn't recognize the phone's internal storage. Could I try flashing it without setting the COM port? Or could someone help me set it?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,337
After installing the the hotspot mod it didn't work and issues started arising so my question is did you remove the mod after you knew it didn't work? Also about you flashing stock, there is no way to do it without switching the com port to 41, if you don't change it the flash fails at around 49% or so, have you tried switching usb ports?

Sent from LG-G2 D800 on AEONFLEX 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pokemaster787
Old
(Last edited by pokemaster787; 12th May 2014 at 09:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
After installing the the hotspot mod it didn't work and issues started arising so my question is did you remove the mod after you knew it didn't work? Also about you flashing stock, there is no way to do it without switching the com port to 41, if you don't change it the flash fails at around 49% or so, have you tried switching usb ports?

Sent from LG-G2 D800 on AEONFLEX 4.4.2
I have not tried removing the mod, as I'm honestly unsure how. I deleted the backup I had made because no issues had arisen and it took around 2 gigs of space if that was needed to remove it. I'm going to try more when I get home soon and hope I can get the COM port to appear under device manager. I could see the hotspot mod causing issues with connection, since it affects USB connection. Is there any way I can remove it without a backup? Really shouldn't have deleted my backup..

EDIT: Got it working, guess it had to be in download mode to set the port and I just missed that part :P Working on the flashing now.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster787 View Post
I have not tried removing the mod, as I'm honestly unsure how. I deleted the backup I had made because no issues had arisen and it took around 2 gigs of space if that was needed to remove it. I'm going to try more when I get home soon and hope I can get the COM port to appear under device manager. I could see the hotspot mod causing issues with connection, since it affects USB connection. Is there any way I can remove it without a backup? Really shouldn't have deleted my backup..

EDIT: Got it working, guess it had to be in download mode to set the port and I just missed that part :P Working on the flashing now.
well for future reference a backup should be stored in the pc for the future because it's one of the ways to go to stock before you started modifying files, and yea download mode very important
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pokemaster787
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
well for future reference a backup should be stored in the pc for the future because it's one of the ways to go to stock before you started modifying files, and yea download mode very important
Got it fixed, thanks for all your help and patience!

CasX123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

Hey guys, i'm having this exact same problem, i'm not rooted and would like to know how you got it fixed exactly.