Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprint LG G2, home key not working, screen not locking, no notifications

OP pokemaster787

12th May 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
I recently updated to KitKat OTA a few days ago, I flashed the hotspot mod (although it didn't work) And I have TWRP installed. Aside from that I haven't touched any system files. The home button does nothing, it flashes and causes the phone to vibrate upon press but doesn't actually DO anything. I am not getting any notifications at all, my phone will vibrate but the notifications will not appear. Also, I have it set to lock with a PIN. But it doesn't lock, I'll lock it, wait, unlock it and it won't ask for the pin it'll just be right where it was when I locked it. Please could someone help me? It was working fine earlier, except the Play Store kept giving "No connection" so I restarted my phone and then all of these issues arose. Please could someone help me?

Edit: considering trying a factory reset through the settings, would this be safe considering I am rooted with TWRP installed?

Edit2: I'm trying to flash a stock Jellybean image using LG Flash tool. But the tutorial is telling me I need to go into device manager and set the COM port to 41. The problem is device manager isn't showing any com ports at all. I have the drivers installed and they worked fine before all this happened. The computer also doesn't recognize the phone's internal storage. Could I try flashing it without setting the COM port? Or could someone help me set it?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Last edited by pokemaster787; 12th May 2014 at 01:48 PM.
12th May 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,510

2,540 posts
More
After installing the the hotspot mod it didn't work and issues started arising so my question is did you remove the mod after you knew it didn't work? Also about you flashing stock, there is no way to do it without switching the com port to 41, if you don't change it the flash fails at around 49% or so, have you tried switching usb ports?

Sent from LG-G2 D800 on AEONFLEX 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

After installing the the hotspot mod it didn't work and issues started arising so my question is did you remove the mod after you knew it didn't work? Also about you flashing stock, there is no way to do it without switching the com port to 41, if you don't change it the flash fails at around 49% or so, have you tried switching usb ports?

Sent from LG-G2 D800 on AEONFLEX 4.4.2

I have not tried removing the mod, as I'm honestly unsure how. I deleted the backup I had made because no issues had arisen and it took around 2 gigs of space if that was needed to remove it. I'm going to try more when I get home soon and hope I can get the COM port to appear under device manager. I could see the hotspot mod causing issues with connection, since it affects USB connection. Is there any way I can remove it without a backup? Really shouldn't have deleted my backup..

EDIT: Got it working, guess it had to be in download mode to set the port and I just missed that part :P Working on the flashing now.
Last edited by pokemaster787; 12th May 2014 at 10:39 PM.
12th May 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,510

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster787

I have not tried removing the mod, as I'm honestly unsure how. I deleted the backup I had made because no issues had arisen and it took around 2 gigs of space if that was needed to remove it. I'm going to try more when I get home soon and hope I can get the COM port to appear under device manager. I could see the hotspot mod causing issues with connection, since it affects USB connection. Is there any way I can remove it without a backup? Really shouldn't have deleted my backup..

EDIT: Got it working, guess it had to be in download mode to set the port and I just missed that part :P Working on the flashing now.

well for future reference a backup should be stored in the pc for the future because it's one of the ways to go to stock before you started modifying files, and yea download mode very important
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

well for future reference a backup should be stored in the pc for the future because it's one of the ways to go to stock before you started modifying files, and yea download mode very important

Got it fixed, thanks for all your help and patience!
24th August 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
Help
Hey guys, i'm having this exact same problem, i'm not rooted and would like to know how you got it fixed exactly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread