Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Post Reply

Samsung galaxy note 2 - 4.4.2 ROM bluetooth does not work well!

24th August 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Seems like the problem is solved.
Hey guys!
It seems to me I’ve found the solution!
But firstly, a few words about the problems I’ve got…
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and, when I decided to replace my old Plantronics Discovery 975 with their Voyager Edge, it had installed Android 4.3.
Both events, start using the new Bluetooth devise and upgrading to KitKat (4.4.2) occurred almost simultaneously, so it was pretty difficult to recognize what was the source of the problems that I run into – hardware/firmware issues of Voyager Edge or KitKat’s quirks. The problems were the following:

- Poor Bluetooth connection that resulted in distorted sound (not always, but often) thru the headset.
- Regularly losing the ability to use various Edge’s features, such as calling back to the last number, checking the battery status, recognizing who's calling, etc.
- Note’s battery drained badly – instead of 50-60% left at the end of the day, I got 10%...

I spoke several times with Plantronics support, but they ended advising me to replace the headset. I have neither found the specific solution in the internet and it was even reported that the factory reset would hardly help. So, that was almost the dead-end. But there was one pretty weird solution that helped to some people – deleting the duplicates in the phone’s contact list. But, since I had NO duplicates, it didn’t seem to be helpful. But then, I noticed one very strange detail – during the moments when Edge worked properly it correctly pronounced the names from my phone book, even tho some of them were quite unusual for English speaking "robot". All of them, but one – my mother’s record, which was a simple “Mom”, but when she called me, the Edge’s notification was definitely not “calling from mom”…

So, I just renamed “mom” to “mother”!

Guys, can you believe that, but ALL the problems (both phone’s and headset’s) have just gone! I’ve been using it for almost a week already and it’s OK. So, you may check your contact list, whether it sounds correctly.
Well, one issue left – weird/funny bug of the Edge’s firmware – start playing music when you take it off the cradle. (2 latest firmware updates didn’t cure that…). I just long press the voice button on the Edge to pause it. Not a big deal, to be honest.

Oh, just one last note – since Voyager Edge cannot be rebooted you can do the following if/when you neither hear the music (!), nor the report that the headset is connected when you take it off the cradle. Just long press the Call button on the headset (in my case it runs Note’s S-voice) and then everything works just fine. (Checked twice.)

Hope that this will help you too.

Cheers,
Max
24th August 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #12  
harvey186's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Hi Max,
nice story, but I can't belive that this entry or change of entry will make the BT signal better.

cheers
Harvey
24th August 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey186

Hi Max,
nice story, but I can't belive that this entry or change of entry will make the BT signal better.

cheers
Harvey

Hi Harvey,

Absolutely the same reaction was mine, when I read the comment by dawolverune (see page 1 of this thread). How deleting duplicate contacts might help…
Well, if assume that I tell the truth (and I actually do! ), then the solution may be explained in 2 ways: a) logical – I’ve been hammering with all this stuff for almost a week and nothing helped until I renamed that single contact and then, it just start working and b) technical – since Voyager Edge pronounced the wrong name it means that it took it from somewhere, but definitely from the wrong place and this might require extra “efforts” from the Bluetooth receiver/transmitter, etc. This indeed may result in abnormal behavior of the devise and “eating” the battery. If re-phrase the title of S. Coppola’s movie – here we had “Lost in Bluetooth” case.
Cheers,
Max
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank