Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZX803 model AllWinner chip 8" Android 4 capacitive screen car head unit

Tip us?

plane sailing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjkof View Post
Why is that so much better than using some mp3 player app like Poweramp?
Well the card in the GPS slot has my music collection which is fine, but I have music video's on my SD card which PowerAmp or the like won't see (Gps card isn't big enough to store everything). I also found out this afternoon that the upgrade no longer sees my iPod so I've lost that means of accessing media now as well.

stanjkof
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane sailing View Post
Well the card in the GPS slot has my music collection which is fine, but I have music video's on my SD card which PowerAmp or the like won't see (Gps card isn't big enough to store everything). I also found out this afternoon that the upgrade no longer sees my iPod so I've lost that means of accessing media now as well.
32gb SDcard costs about 30$
That's enough for all media.
I'll gladly trade both of my sd slots for wifi/3g functionality

plane sailing
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjkof View Post
32gb SDcard costs about 30$
That's enough for all media.
I'll gladly trade both of my sd slots for wifi/3g functionality

I'm a bit OCD so if it's there I want it to work!! But yes, a 32Gb card would solve the issue and I can then use any of the media players. Now all I need to do is get the iPod connection to work. I do sympathise about your wifi/3G though - do you still think it's the main board which needs replaced??

stanjkof
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane sailing View Post
I'm a bit OCD so if it's there I want it to work!! But yes, a 32Gb card would solve the issue and I can then use any of the media players. Now all I need to do is get the iPod connection to work. I do sympathise about your wifi/3G though - do you still think it's the main board which needs replaced??
Yap.. usb is "kaputt" as the germanz would say It is the only logical explanation, usb controller is on it and it can't be replaced by itself.
I must admit once or twice I felt a burnig smell comming out of the dash, maybe that was it.
Otherwise unit works flawlessly.
I'm also a bit OCD so I'd like to have internet on it but, what you gonna do...