Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't install CWM recovery

Tip us?
 
Wild-noob-appears
Old
(Last edited by Wild-noob-appears; 19th January 2014 at 01:02 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] Can't install CWM recovery

Hello.
I'v trouble for instaling CWM recovery.
That is what i'v try to do:

-Install CWM from Rom manager
Does'nt work. Phone still boot on original recovery mode

-Install 3e modded recovery before install CWM from rom manager
Doesn't work. Can't copy "recovery" to /system/bin. (Using terminal emulator / root browser / file explorer )

-Install CWM with Odin using this trhead:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578555
Can't progress: Link for download "2013.04.30-CWM-Synthesis-1.2Ghz.zip" forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25724638 is broken.

Please help :/
I just want to install a custom rom to get android 4.x

Ps: Sorry for my bad english, english isn't my native language.
 
Fullmetal Jun
Old
#2  
Fullmetal Jun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 128
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild-noob-appears View Post
Link for download "2013.04.30-CWM-Synthesis-1.2Ghz.zip" forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25724638 is broken.

Please help :/
I just want to install a custom rom to get 4.x
If you are on gingerbread or lower, download SGS Kernel Flasher free from Play Store. The CWM Synthesis 1.2 Ghz link is working and this is the one I always use! Select flash zip and let it flash for about 20 minutes and that's it! U must have over 80% battery or you're dead
If still not working, try Odin back to stock with root from this link: U must have Samsung drivers installed on PC first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1705260
Then SGS Kernel Flasher+CWM synthesis!
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently
Devices: S Galaxy Infuse 4G unofficial CM11 (Main smartphone),
LG G Pad 8.3 on LG official 4.4.2 (Tablet).
The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Wild-noob-appears
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Ah, sorry, i've forgot to update my post.
Yesterday,
I tried ODIN to get CWM and 2.3 GB beside but my infuse get bricked... (Option C, in infuse 4G dev' forum )
In fact, it was stuck on samsung logo while booting, after the flashing
I've tried one-click unbrick, and, curiously, despite the "successfully unbricked" status, my phone get hard bricked.
It don't boot at all. lol

I laughed...
So...Can i send my phone to service center or something like that ? Or, it's dead for ever ? :'o

PS: Sorry for my english, again. I'll try to do my best.
 
Milrain
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
If you are on gingerbread or lower, download SGS Kernel Flasher free from Play Store. The CWM Synthesis 1.2 Ghz link is working and this is the one I always use! Select flash zip and let it flash for about 20 minutes and that's it! U must have over 80% battery or you're dead
If still not working, try Odin back to stock with root from this link: U must have Samsung drivers installed on PC first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1705260
Then SGS Kernel Flasher+CWM synthesis!
Does flashing CWM synthesis with SGS Kernel Flasher require modded recovery file in sytem/bin. On my rooted (Framaroot) GB2.3.6 UCLB3 Infuse there is no recovery file in system/bin and all other files in this directory are grayed out .Copy recovery file to System/bin fails even though the file system is mounted RW. Thanks. ff I am in the wrong area, apologies.
 
Fullmetal Jun
Old
#5  
Fullmetal Jun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 128
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milrain View Post
Does flashing CWM synthesis with SGS Kernel Flasher require modded recovery file in sytem/bin. On my rooted (Framaroot) GB2.3.6 UCLB3 Infuse there is no recovery file in system/bin and all other files in this directory are grayed out .Copy recovery file to System/bin fails even though the file system is mounted RW. Thanks. ff I am in the wrong area, apologies.
No! If you're on stock gb with root, sgs kernel flasher from Play Store basically flashes the clockwork mod (cwm) aka gb recovery on your infuse to allow flashing of roms via recovery! So no need for any additional steps if you have a stock gb infuse 4g with root
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently
Devices: S Galaxy Infuse 4G unofficial CM11 (Main smartphone),
LG G Pad 8.3 on LG official 4.4.2 (Tablet).
 
Milrain
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
No! If you're on stock gb with root, sgs kernel flasher from Play Store basically flashes the clockwork mod (cwm) aka gb recovery on your infuse to allow flashing of roms via recovery! So no need for any additional steps if you have a stock gb infuse 4g with root
This worked. It seems during flashing SGS Kernel Flasher vocalizes what is happening.while display shows samsung logo. Red CWM is installed now. Thanks for the good advice
The Following User Says Thank You to Milrain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Fullmetal Jun
Old
#7  
Fullmetal Jun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 128
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milrain View Post
This worked. It seems during flashing SGS Kernel Flasher vocalizes what is happening.while display shows samsung logo. Red CWM is installed now. Thanks for the good advice
Yep! That lady's voice is sexy! Happy to help
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently
Devices: S Galaxy Infuse 4G unofficial CM11 (Main smartphone),
LG G Pad 8.3 on LG official 4.4.2 (Tablet).

The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes