Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My LG G2 is COMPLETELY bricked.

Tip us?
 
ClawOfDoom
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 29
Join Date: May 2011
Can you not use a fastboot cable and re flash the correct partition images from there. I used that method to recover a completely bricked Kindle fire recently.
 
buenarc
Old
#12  
buenarc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 270
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawOfDoom View Post
Can you not use a fastboot cable and re flash the correct partition images from there. I used that method to recover a completely bricked Kindle fire recently.
I think this are the cases when the warranty should be used. The phone is not on it's best condition, so that should take care of this.
 
plunplan
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 44
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Santa Tecla
Any updates on the repair? I have a bricked D801 too...
Cellphone: Motorola Atrix HD MAXX
Tablet: Apple iPad 2
 
zathus
Old
#14  
zathus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 372
Posts: 631
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zPacKRat View Post
he did the RIGHT thing and sent it to be repaired at his cost. to do what you are implying is to be a thief.
I respectfully disagree. everything described is software related. The hardware is still fine. At least from what I was reading. Which means the phone could be sent back, under warranty and repaired in probably under 5 minutes. It might get a dollars worth of new plastic on it. Repackaged up and sent off to somebody else to replace their broken phone. The losses on the replacement phone would be recouped almost instantly.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
dm6939
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 68
Join Date: Dec 2010
Lightbulb Can you help me.

Dear BuffMcBigHuge!

I have a situation same you, Now my LG G2 L-01F - NTT DOCOMO total Dead, it show Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader only.

I searched many forum, but havent find out these file.

Can you give me these file for me to try unbrick My G2.

My email: dm6939@gmail.com

Many thanks you.
 
pawel_kd
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 38
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Breda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6939 View Post
Dear BuffMcBigHuge!

I have a situation same you, Now my LG G2 L-01F - NTT DOCOMO total Dead, it show Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader only.

I searched many forum, but havent find out these file.

Can you give me these file for me to try unbrick My G2.

My email: dm6939@gmail.com

Many thanks you.
+1 = I have the same here...
 
BuffMcBigHuge
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 523
Join Date: May 2012
So after sending the device to MobileTechVideos, I was able to get it fully repaired and back into working order! They converted it to a D801, and its back in full working order!

Highly recommended!
// DEVICES //
HTC ONE (32GB) ViperOne 6.2.1
LG Nexus 4 (8GB) (White) Nexus 5 Experience
HP Touchpad (32GB) x2 PAC-man 4.4.4 BETA 1.0 shumash
LG L5 E617G CM11 Pecan


// About Me! //
The Following User Says Thank You to BuffMcBigHuge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Danzano
Old
#18  
Danzano's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 437
Posts: 2,884
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffMcBigHuge View Post
So after sending the device to MobileTechVideos, I was able to get it fully repaired and back into working order! They converted it to a D801, and its back in full working order!

Highly recommended!
Fantastic news glad there are still teams that are dedicated to there work and know what they are doing

Danzano's happy place
LG G2

Kernel = Dorimanx Always

Stock base Rom... reason? battery life lol Unless LG doesn't update to Android L then AOSP all the way.
---------------------------------------------

Asus TF101 32GB with dock
500GB Seagate 2.5" HDD
My own personal re-worked flavour of AOKP built from source a lot of tweaking.

The Following User Says Thank You to Danzano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes