Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit-Kat UPDATE !

Tip us?

ams04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No KitKat update yet for the C105 with LTE in Australia. Hoping Samsung will update ours next month.

stojko007
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznracer62 View Post
I'm in Hawaii on att with an international version from the Philippines and I got the OTA

Sent from my SM-C105 using XDA Free mobile app
how is that possible if on sammy is no 4.4.2 philipines rom at all?

ams04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Only the UK and Russia have got the KitKat update so far.

dboykin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Has anyone tried the update, do you lose LTE??

cooza
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboykin View Post
Has anyone tried the update, do you lose LTE??
Not sure about Russia but if you flash the Uk one via Odin you will loose LTE. As far as I know Europe are getting LTE bands in some countrys like Spain for certain models but the S4 Zoom doesnt have it in the UK firmware. Thats the only reason I havent already flashed one yet mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to cooza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ams04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooza View Post
Not sure about Russia but if you flash the Uk one via Odin you will loose LTE. As far as I know Europe are getting LTE bands in some countrys like Spain for certain models but the S4 Zoom doesnt have it in the UK firmware. Thats the only reason I havent already flashed one yet mate.
Me too-I have a S4 Zoom purchased here in Australia that has LTE and I don't want to lose that either. Still waiting for a official XSA KitKat firmware to be released.

ams04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Still waiting for Samsung to roll out KitKat firmware for the S4 Zoom for other regions. Hoping that it'll won't take several months.

saintstewart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question KitKat

Just talked to ATT about the C105A I have on ATT. The rep told me that their guess is later his fall for the KK update to hit ATT for us. In the meantime, I've just finished reading this discussion, and I have one question. If I use the Russian or UK firmware, is the only negative impact to the phone going to be loss of LTE until I get an official ATT firmware? If so, I can live with that, I'm usually always in wifi anyhow. Thanks in advance.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,271

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstewart View Post
Just talked to ATT about the C105A I have on ATT. The rep told me that their guess is later his fall for the KK update to hit ATT for us. In the meantime, I've just finished reading this discussion, and I have one question. If I use the Russian or UK firmware, is the only negative impact to the phone going to be loss of LTE until I get an official ATT firmware? If so, I can live with that, I'm usually always in wifi anyhow. Thanks in advance.
If true, then great. The only version of the S4 to never receive a single update and it's probably at the bottom of the list. What a waste of money this phone was.

High likelihood of soft bricking the ATT version with no firmware available to flash back to. Not even the "Samsung Experience" guys have firmware for it.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server