Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from dotmaniac: News Update

[ROM][AOSPA-4.44][4.4.4] Vox for Nexus 7 (2013)

Tip us?

coffeehandle
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Happy birthday. What a great gift

Sent from my Gold iPhone5s

malikmoreni
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Looks Cool, VOXED!
Nexus 7 2013 (32GB)
ROM: ANDROID L

CAPTIVATE
ROM: Dirty Unicorns
Check HERE!!
XDA AWESOME SIG THREAD

If I have helped you, please hit the the THANKS button!

dotmaniac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 An Update

I know that I promised an update a while ago and have not (yet) delivered...

First, Swipe to Float is becoming a pain in my A**. Literally, I just can't get it to build with it in there...
Second, PA has abandoned the Settings Reorder on their Gerrit... Should I also?
Finally, in some better news, I am trying to add Native USB OTG support for Flo. PA has it enabled on Hammerhead but not flo even though it should work.

If anybody wants to help with the ROM (some code fixes and stuff as I don't know how to code), that would be great!

Stay tuned...
The Following User Says Thank You to dotmaniac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnle71
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Nice! First, i love PA-based ROMs and secondly native USB otg is what im ultimately looking for. Since sabermod is not updating thier ROM for a month now and third im gonna try this ROM now but the dL link is not loading. 😢
LG Optimus One Thread

CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightlies
CyanogenMod Nightlies Changelog

Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.

dotmaniac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71 View Post
Nice! First, i love PA-based ROMs and secondly native USB otg is what im ultimately looking for. Since sabermod is not updating thier ROM for a month now and third im gonna try this ROM now but the dL link is not loading. 😢
The website has been down for a while... I have a build with USB OTG added but nothing else yet. I will upload it!

dotmaniac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnle71 View Post
Okay guys, here is a build with the USB OTG support but nothing else yet.

http://goo.gl/zkGUo0
The Following User Says Thank You to dotmaniac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dotmaniac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 Good and Bad

Okay guys, some good and bad news...

Bad news, my flo's charging port broke yesterday. This means that I have no way to test my ROM. Also, I am without any device...

Good news! It broke while I was in the middle of building! So, I have one release you guys can try while I wait for my device to get fixed by ASUS.

Below is the changelog and it is big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotmaniac View Post
4.44-20140728

• Updated with latest from AOSPA
  • Added native USB-OTG for Nexus 7 (2013)
  • Merged in new patch to make PA features like HOVER work with Multiple Users on tablets.
  • Removed Swipe to Float as it was not working at all.
Also, I have moved downloads to AFH as my personal server had download issues. Here is a direct download to today's release.

Finally, no... this doesn't include the new recents. AOSPA hasn't released the source yet. But it does include a month worth of improvements to AOSPA.

I hope you guys enjoy this and I will see you later.

Thanks,
Brandon Giesing, Founder of Team Voxive.

dnle71
Old
(Last edited by dnle71; 29th July 2014 at 04:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotmaniac View Post
Okay guys, some good and bad news...

Bad news, my flo's charging port broke yesterday. This means that I have no way to test my ROM. Also, I am without any device...

Good news! It broke while I was in the middle of building! So, I have one release you guys can try while I wait for my device to get fixed by ASUS.

Below is the changelog and it is big.

Also, I have moved downloads to AFH as my personal server had download issues. Here is a direct download to today's release.

Finally, no... this doesn't include the new recents. AOSPA hasn't released the source yet. But it does include a month worth of improvements to AOSPA.

I hope you guys enjoy this and I will see you later.

Thanks,
Brandon Giesing, Founder of Team Voxive.
Aw, sorry for that man! I hope it'll be fixed soon.
LG Optimus One Thread

CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightlies
CyanogenMod Nightlies Changelog

Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.

djibril13
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Finally a ROM with the most useful additions: built in USB otg support and quickboot. Great perfomance so far. Keep up the good work !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dotmaniac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Default Update

As you may have read a few posts back, my Flo has broke. Here is an update on that.

First, I have received it back from ASUS. Problem, they didn't fix a thing. Charging port is still broke and all they did was slap a sticker on the back.

Secondly, I tried to build an update anyway. Problem here is that some changes AOSPA has merged in are breaking builds for Flo/Deb, meaning I can't build an update till they fix it.

However, there is some good things. By time they fix the build system, the new recents will probably be open sourced as they are introducing a new feature called Dynamic System Bars. (I actually helped them announce it by Teasing the Teaser!) I have not got a chance to try it but it looks amazing. Think Tinted Status Bar but 50x better.

Also as of last Wednesday, I started back at School, I am a Senior this year so after I graduate, I will have more time for projects like this!

Hope this gives a little insight.

Thanks,
Brandon Giesing