[Q] Noob requiers Help with Note 3 and appradio

OP laurenceroke

20th April 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello All,

In need of urgent help i am about to travel to Portsmouth today SUN 20th Apr 14,

and i am still not able to get my Note 3 SM-N9005 Android 4.4.2 rooted busy box, triangle away adaway super Su, to work on my APPRADIO 3 DA110.

the headunit has the handbreak bypass in.
i have the samsung MHL adapter inplace and charges the phone via the pionner external power pack.

i am getting 2 errors up on ARL which are Virtual device permissions (permissions set as readable,unwriteable)

and the other is Virtual device creation,

i have tried ARU and that doesnt do anything??

Bluetooth connects and i can make calls no problem...but this seems the only thing i can do.

PLease help a noob

im very new to rooting etc but so far have bricked the phone...touch wood
20th April 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Bump

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
30th July 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenceroke

Hello All,

In need of urgent help i am about to travel to Portsmouth today SUN 20th Apr 14,

and i am still not able to get my Note 3 SM-N9005 Android 4.4.2 rooted busy box, triangle away adaway super Su, to work on my APPRADIO 3 DA110.

the headunit has the handbreak bypass in.
i have the samsung MHL adapter inplace and charges the phone via the pionner external power pack.

i am getting 2 errors up on ARL which are Virtual device permissions (permissions set as readable,unwriteable)

and the other is Virtual device creation,

i have tried ARU and that doesnt do anything??

Bluetooth connects and i can make calls no problem...but this seems the only thing i can do.

PLease help a noob

im very new to rooting etc but so far have bricked the phone...touch wood

It is an issue with stock kitkat.. Will not work. I have tried many of times.. I have ATT Note3.. I had to return the thing after the kitkat update for a 4.3 works like a champ. Something in the video driver causes flashing on the damn screen. Yes I never have any issues on 4.3. I really wish someone would figure this out. Could it be a firmware issue permission issue? Almost like the MHL driver doesn't want to play nice, yet it will work on my tv just fine with samsung OEM MHL2 adapter. Just not in the car with my Appradio 3.
14th August 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastamind

It is an issue with stock kitkat.. Will not work. I have tried many of times.. I have ATT Note3.. I had to return the thing after the kitkat update for a 4.3 works like a champ. Something in the video driver causes flashing on the damn screen. Yes I never have any issues on 4.3. I really wish someone would figure this out. Could it be a firmware issue permission issue? Almost like the MHL driver doesn't want to play nice, yet it will work on my tv just fine with samsung OEM MHL2 adapter. Just not in the car with my Appradio 3.

The flashing can be stopped by going into developer options and disabling hardware overlays, also seems to work by foring GPU rendering.
25th August 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
U need flash a permisive kernel and disable knox or flash a rom without knox if u are on kitkat .I have a s5 running moars rom I couldnt get the appradio 3 to work till I flashed kt kernel. I have the same issue with the screen flashing .ill have try dimlow_uk methods thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread