XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

Looking for working HTC Froyo ROM

OP CollinsJ

29th May 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 21

94 posts
More
Got an old phone from a friend which I'm using since wife broke her phone and I'm trying to decide what to replace it with.

Anyhow, I have an Aria with hboot 1.03, I have unlocked it via the HTC site and managed to get Cyano 10 on it. It is still s-on and I've tried multiple times to redownload Cyano 11 and always get an error of "Error in <name>.zip (Status 0) Installation Aborted". I'm making an assumption based on research that it is due to a combination of s-on and hboot 1.03 so I need to kick it down to 1.02 and s-off it. However, I have been unable to find a valid link for the Official HTC Froyo link to downgrade so I can run Revolutionary to s-off and move ahead.

Thanks in advance.
31st May 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 834

485 posts
More
Hmm, can't find a link either... I can reupload it for you

But before you do that, try updating your recovery to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474662
HTCdev unlock shouldn't have any problems with CM11, so it's probably your recovery...

Anyway, here's the RUU
http://goo.gl/OBVJL7
md5sum: 66d703b8a92fc382c38ceec4992a379c

And the rom.zip extracted from it if you just want to run it directly from the phone:
http://goo.gl/WF3RhW
md5sum: 49e737569d1d99e11e652ddcfc15bf84

Edit: Here's a list of them instead of just the AT&T one: http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=Liberty
Last edited by WinSuk; 3rd June 2014 at 06:46 AM.
1st June 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 21

94 posts
More
Thank you Win, that did it. I had to fastboot the CMW as it wouldn't upgrade through recovery, after that I just flashed CM11.
4th June 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 931

2,414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsJ

Thank you Win, that did it. I had to fastboot the CMW as it wouldn't upgrade through recovery, after that I just flashed CM11.

Problem is that due to S-On it is not possible to write to recovery partition from recovery. You also can't write to boot partition, but you can install ROMs without problems if you flash boot image separately through fastboot.
5th June 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 834

485 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

Problem is that due to S-On it is not possible to write to recovery partition from recovery. You also can't write to boot partition, but you can install ROMs without problems if you flash boot image separately through fastboot.

Boot images can be flashed from recovery just fine with S-ON... maybe you're thinking of newer (but not newest) HTC devices? I've heard they did that
9th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 931

2,414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Boot images can be flashed from recovery just fine with S-ON... maybe you're thinking of newer (but not newest) HTC devices? I've heard they did that

Possible. I own one of them (points at signature) and it's been that way for me then. When I rooted my Gratia way back, I also directly did the S-OFF so I never checked the procedure with S-ON. Have been a newbie at that time.
25th August 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 84

379 posts
So I'm in a similar boat. I have an old aria, and seeing a cm11, id like to try it (though a nexus is my dd). Anyway, i had cm7 on it, went through some old nandroids, and finally got back to 2.1 just after i used unrevoked on it. I've tried to flash the posted rom.zip (2.2.2, so i can then s-off and /or upgrade hboot [which i also tried to do via htcdev with no success]), it fails a sig check on my cwm 2.5.0.1, telling me bad, even though i verified the md5. Figured it could be the recovery, but i cannot flash the newer version on here via ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. i also tried ./fastboot boot recovery.img to no avail. I also couldnt flash the recovery through the old cwm. Im baffled a bit here... Any suggestions are welcomed.

Im thinking of trying to put my sim in it and see if the old att update would go through, any thoughts on that?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread