Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for working HTC Froyo ROM

Tip us?

CollinsJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Looking for working HTC Froyo ROM

Got an old phone from a friend which I'm using since wife broke her phone and I'm trying to decide what to replace it with.

Anyhow, I have an Aria with hboot 1.03, I have unlocked it via the HTC site and managed to get Cyano 10 on it. It is still s-on and I've tried multiple times to redownload Cyano 11 and always get an error of "Error in <name>.zip (Status 0) Installation Aborted". I'm making an assumption based on research that it is due to a combination of s-on and hboot 1.03 so I need to kick it down to 1.02 and s-off it. However, I have been unable to find a valid link for the Official HTC Froyo link to downgrade so I can run Revolutionary to s-off and move ahead.

Thanks in advance.

WinSuk
Old
(Last edited by WinSuk; 3rd June 2014 at 06:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 824
Hmm, can't find a link either... I can reupload it for you

But before you do that, try updating your recovery to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474662
HTCdev unlock shouldn't have any problems with CM11, so it's probably your recovery...

Anyway, here's the RUU
http://goo.gl/OBVJL7
md5sum: 66d703b8a92fc382c38ceec4992a379c

And the rom.zip extracted from it if you just want to run it directly from the phone:
http://goo.gl/WF3RhW
md5sum: 49e737569d1d99e11e652ddcfc15bf84

Edit: Here's a list of them instead of just the AT&T one: http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=Liberty

CollinsJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you Win, that did it. I had to fastboot the CMW as it wouldn't upgrade through recovery, after that I just flashed CM11.

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsJ View Post
Thank you Win, that did it. I had to fastboot the CMW as it wouldn't upgrade through recovery, after that I just flashed CM11.
Problem is that due to S-On it is not possible to write to recovery partition from recovery. You also can't write to boot partition, but you can install ROMs without problems if you flash boot image separately through fastboot.
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

WinSuk
Old
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901 View Post
Problem is that due to S-On it is not possible to write to recovery partition from recovery. You also can't write to boot partition, but you can install ROMs without problems if you flash boot image separately through fastboot.
Boot images can be flashed from recovery just fine with S-ON... maybe you're thinking of newer (but not newest) HTC devices? I've heard they did that

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk View Post
Boot images can be flashed from recovery just fine with S-ON... maybe you're thinking of newer (but not newest) HTC devices? I've heard they did that
Possible. I own one of them (points at signature) and it's been that way for me then. When I rooted my Gratia way back, I also directly did the S-OFF so I never checked the procedure with S-ON. Have been a newbie at that time.
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

bodh
Old
Thanks Meter 82
So I'm in a similar boat. I have an old aria, and seeing a cm11, id like to try it (though a nexus is my dd). Anyway, i had cm7 on it, went through some old nandroids, and finally got back to 2.1 just after i used unrevoked on it. I've tried to flash the posted rom.zip (2.2.2, so i can then s-off and /or upgrade hboot [which i also tried to do via htcdev with no success]), it fails a sig check on my cwm 2.5.0.1, telling me bad, even though i verified the md5. Figured it could be the recovery, but i cannot flash the newer version on here via ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. i also tried ./fastboot boot recovery.img to no avail. I also couldnt flash the recovery through the old cwm. Im baffled a bit here... Any suggestions are welcomed.

Im thinking of trying to put my sim in it and see if the old att update would go through, any thoughts on that?