Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LIST] KitKat Bloatware || Safe-To-Remove System Apps of 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
joshm.1219
Old
#21  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,284
Posts: 3,025
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
I'll take S-Z!
Ill take a-d for now, maybe more when i get a chance looking like a busy weekend though lol
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
 
calebcabob
Old
#22  
calebcabob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 396
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bristol County, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
Ill take a-d for now, maybe more when i get a chance looking like a busy weekend though lol
Ha, I hear ya! I may not have my section done until mid next week. I'll definitely do what I can though!
BUY MY PHONE!

I'M SELLING MY VERIZON S4 *** MDK - UNLOCKED *** RIGHT HERE!!!


Posted with my XDA Premium VIP Gold app
 
ruslanguns
Old
#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Cloud Search May i ask you something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
SAFE-TO-REMOVE SYSTEM APPS OF KITKAT


Together, we can compile a list of safe-to-remove system apps. I will start the list based on my own experiences with removing/freezing system apps within kitkat without finding conflicts such as force closes.

I know there are many more, so please add your confirmed ideas to this thread! I will add info on more safely-removable system apps to this post as comments with app names are given!


If you modify any files on your phone based-on this thread, it is your own responsibility for any problems which may occur afterwards! This list is going to be based on what i've done so far using NoBloat.



-AllShare ControlShare Service
-AllShare FileShare Service
-Amazon
-Amazon App Suite
-Amazon Kindle
-Amazon mp3
-Android Live Wallpapers
-Ant Radio Service
-Ant+ Plugins
-Audible
-Backup Assistant Plus
-Black Hole
-BlurbCheckout
-Briefing
-Bubbles
-Calculator
-Calendar
-Caller Name ID
-Circles
-Cloud
-Cloud print
-com.samsung.android.sdk.spenv10
-com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService
-com.sec.android.sviewcover
-com.sec.msc.nts.android.proxy
-DigitalPenSDK
-DioDictService
-DirectConnectManager
-Email
-Enterprise Sim Pin Service
-Enterprise SysScope Service
-Enterprise VPN Services
-EnterprisePermissions
-EpsonPrintService
-Face Unlock
-Google Now Launcher
-Google Play Books
-Google Play Games
-Google Play Movies & TV
-Google Play Newstand
-Google Search
-Google+
-GroupPplay
-Hangouts
-HealthService
-Help
-Homescreen Tips
-HP Print Service Plugin
-IMDB
-InteractiveKeyboardTutorial
-KNOX
-KNOX notification manager
-KNOX store
-KLMS Agent
-Live Wallpaper Picker
-Magic Smoke Wallpapers
-Manage accessibility
-Maps
-mc3
-Memo
-Messaging
-Mobile Print
-mobileprintsvs_cups
-mobileprintsvs_cups_backend
-Movie Studio
-Music Visualization Wallpapers
-My Verizon Mobile
-Nearby Service
-NFC Service
-NFC Test
-NFL Mobile
-Phase Beam
-Photo Screensavers
-PickupTutorial
-Polaris Office 5
-Print Spooler
-Quick Office
-RealRacing2
-S Memo
-S Note Provider
-S Translator
-S Voice
-Samsung Account
-Samsung Billing
-Samsung Books
-Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
-Samsung Content Agent
-Samsung Games
-Samsung Knox
-Samsung Memory SyncAdapter
-Samsung Print Service
-Samsung Print Service Plugin
-Samsung Push Service
-Samsung Updates
-Samsung WatchOn
-Security Policy Updates
-Setup 4.4.2-10
-Setup Wizard 4.4.2
-Setup Wizard 1.0
-Setup Wizard 1.3
-ShareShotService
-Slacker Radio
-SmartActions
-SmartActions Android Framework
-SmartActions Proprietary Framework
-SyncMLSvc
-Talkback
-Translate
-Travel Wallpaper
-Trip Advisor
-Try air move
-Verizon Location Agent
-Verizon Login
-Verizon Remote Diagnostics
-Verizon Support & Protection
-Verizon Tones
-Virtual Tour Viewer
-VMware Ready
-Voicemail
-VPN Client
-VZ Navigator
-Weather
-WFDS Print Service Plugin
-Yahoo! Finance
-Youtube
-Zappos


IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL...


PLEASE CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON!!
Firstable, Thank you for your thread. Let me explain, I am from Nicaragua i bought a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 for a year ago... I would love to delete some factory apps who lock the posibility of dial to * numbers to my local service provider for balance request and others inquiries, because Verizon take these request itself. Likewise me a message saying that my sim is not Verizon, and I have to force close the app to not show up on my notification bar.

Do you know what apps should I delete to avoid these drawbacks ?. Any help, thank you very much!
 
calebcabob
Old
#24  
calebcabob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 396
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bristol County, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanguns View Post
Firstable, Thank you for your thread. Let me explain, I am from Nicaragua i bought a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 for a year ago... I would love to delete some factory apps who lock the posibility of dial to * numbers to my local service provider for balance request and others inquiries, because Verizon take these request itself. Likewise me a message saying that my sim is not Verizon, and I have to force close the app to not show up on my notification bar.

Do you know what apps should I delete to avoid these drawbacks ?. Any help, thank you very much!
You NEED to have Root Access in order for this to work...If I'm understanding you correctly, you should delete "My Verizon" and see if that solves your problem. If I am not understanding you, please try to explain your question another way. Maybe you should upload a screenshot of your problem.

However, you should also go to Settings>More>About Phone and tell me the last 3 digits of your build number...if it is MDK, this will make this whole process much easier. So, in other words, this is what you should do...download NoBloat Free and find My Verizon in that list and disable/freeze it. Then try dialing your *number, see if that worked! If it doesn't, look for your build number like I described above. Then repost your question with more details...do you have root access? Which build are you on? Which ROM are you on? (Stock? Custom?)
BUY MY PHONE!

I'M SELLING MY VERIZON S4 *** MDK - UNLOCKED *** RIGHT HERE!!!


Posted with my XDA Premium VIP Gold app
The Following User Says Thank You to calebcabob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ruslanguns
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
You NEED to have Root Access in order for this to work...If I'm understanding you correctly, you should delete "My Verizon" and see if that solves your problem. If I am not understanding you, please try to explain your question another way. Maybe you should upload a screenshot of your problem.

However, you should also go to Settings>More>About Phone and tell me the last 3 digits of your build number...if it is MDK, this will make this whole process much easier. So, in other words, this is whatand find My Verizon in that list and disable/freeze it. Then try dialing your *number, see if that worked! If it doesn't, look for your build number like I described above. Then repost your question with more details...do you have root access? Which build are you on? Which ROM are you on? (Stock? Custom?)
I am rooted and with the stock rom, I am attaching you the screenshots of my build, the MMI error message when I dial to * numbers, and the backed up apps (these apps are already deleted at all) with NoBloat Free.

Let me know if you figure out it.

By the way, I did not find the My Verizon app in the list.

And thank you for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408904626325.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (46.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 1408904651508.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (39.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 1408904664026.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (85.8 KB, 45 views)
 
calebcabob
Old
#26  
calebcabob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 396
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bristol County, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanguns View Post
I am rooted and with the stock rom, I am attaching you the screenshots of my build, the MMI error message when I dial to * numbers, and the backed up apps (these apps are already deleted at all) with NoBloat Free.

Let me know if you figure out it.

By the way, I did not find the My Verizon app in the list.

And thank you for your help.
Strange, I haven't seen that error before. Are you aware of THIS app being available? It may be a much more convenient workaround... Too bad it isn't free:/

The screenshots you posted are helpful, however, can u please install this free app, Phone Info and tell me what it says your BUILD NUMBER is. Screenshot is fine.
BUY MY PHONE!

I'M SELLING MY VERIZON S4 *** MDK - UNLOCKED *** RIGHT HERE!!!


Posted with my XDA Premium VIP Gold app
The Following User Says Thank You to calebcabob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ruslanguns
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
Strange, I haven't seen that error before. Are you aware of THIS app being available? It may be a much more convenient workaround... Too bad it isn't free:/

The screenshots you posted are helpful, however, can u please install this free app, Phone Info and tell me what it says your BUILD NUMBER is. Screenshot is fine.
Does it works for you? Hope it does.

If I'm not wrong the Verizon App you're recommending me is for check the plan usage with only Verizon, is not? Since I'm using Claro as my operator in Nicaragua I won't show me the info about my data or any other usage since I don't have Verizon sim in my phone.

If it does worth to buy this app just to fix my trouble with my current operator with MMI alls or USSD request I will purchase this app without doubt.

If you need more screenshots I will lovely sent by PM.

Thank you again!
 
ruslanguns
Old
#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanguns View Post
Does it works for you? Hope it does.

If I'm not wrong the Verizon App you're recommending me is for check the plan usage with only Verizon, is not? Since I'm using Claro as my operator in Nicaragua I won't show me the info about my data or any other usage since I don't have Verizon sim in my phone.

If it does worth to buy this app just to fix my trouble with my current operator with MMI alls or USSD request I will purchase this app without doubt.

If you need more screenshots I will lovely sent by PM.

Thank you again!
I forgot the screenshot. Sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408917718063.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (59.3 KB, 53 views)
 
djshotty
Old
#29  
djshotty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 507
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Maitland, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
You NEED to have Root Access in order for this to work... you should also go to Settings>More>About Phone and tell me the last 3 digits of your build number...if it is MDK, this will make this whole process much easier.
Thing is, too, towelroot and other similar methods of 'rooting' don't seem to be working on kernel builds newer than the June 4.2.2 updates to Samsung Stock ROMs. Don't worry, geohot assures me he's working on it, with a new release of his awesome app. due out within the next couple of weeks...
The name's Shotty, not DJ...

Device: Samsung Galaxy i9505 - Towel-rooted
Radio: I9505ZHUFNB3 - (telstra.iph) APN
Kernel: 3.4.0-805641 (Stock)
ROM: Stock KOT.49H-I9505 KK 4.4.2
Launcher: GO Launcher EX v5.03.3


Click HERE for my i9100 'Helper Post'

or HERE for A Great Guide To Fixing A Bricked i9100

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djshotty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
freeze, safely, safely remove, system apps, uninstall
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes