Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ZOOPER][WIDGET]Flat Calendar Widget (UPDATE 6/22: new colors, fixes)

Tip us?

jlongrc
Old
(Last edited by jlongrc; 22nd June 2014 at 07:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thumbs up [ZOOPER][WIDGET]Flat Calendar Widget (UPDATE 6/22: new colors, fixes)

Hello all,

After enjoying the great work of everyone else around here, I decided to "make" an app all my own. Both within the Play Store and among the Zooper skins, I've always had a hard time finding attractive calendar widgets. Eventually, I just decided to make my own! I decided to share because I figure that others might have had the same desire as me.

I was inspired by the design of skins like FlatSearch and Pure Flat Clock as well as my favorite icon pack Flatastico and really wanted a calendar widget to go with my flat theme. So...here we are!

There are 3 4x2 layouts of both blue and green themes, plus a compact 4x1 version of each color scheme.

You can download from the Play Store; for now, I would like to keep all downloads there so the app can get some exposure through searches and the like. If that's a problem, send me a PM and I can send you the .apk.

I am now offering a PRO version for .99 USD to support all of my time spent working and tweaking. Benefits of PRO:
-NEW live weather configuration for each layout
-NEW pro exclusive black theme
-30 total layout options vs 12 in free version
-Ability to save layouts for future customization

Some screenshots:

Update 6/21: New Moonshine-inspired color scheme. Designed to coordinate with Moonshine Icons and associated wallpapers. Opaque background. See screenshot of those icons along with the new widget color scheme:

I owe a tremendous debt to the developers of Zooper widget - they have made the process of turning a user-made skin into a working app quite easy, considering how little coding knowledge I have. The aforementioned app developers whose gorgeous themes helped inspire me deserve my gratitude as well. XDA folks in general, thank you very much for making this place inviting for a person who has had to learn every single little thing about Android over the past year or two since I bought my first device. Any feedback is appreciated; this is my first app and I fully acknowledge that I could be making some sort of silly mistake or otherwise being a bad web/xda citizen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlongrc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JakeyEck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Looks nice, but I think it would look better if you had the number dates and weekdays aligned with each other.

jlongrc
Old
(Last edited by jlongrc; 8th May 2014 at 04:07 AM.) Reason: putting giant image behind hide tags
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks for your feedback!

Do you think this looks better?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jlongrc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jlongrc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
New updates pushed to the Play Store yesterday. New color scheme described in OP. Screenshots below.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlongrc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brutal_Master
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great widget man and one i've been looking for for awhile!!! My only question/suggestion is is there a way to make it so that the events for "today" are highlighted?
Tags
calendar, flat, theme, widget, zooper