Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ZOOPER][WIDGET]Flat Calendar Widget (UPDATE 6/22: new colors, fixes)

OP jlongrc

3rd May 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

34 posts
More
Hello all,

After enjoying the great work of everyone else around here, I decided to "make" an app all my own. Both within the Play Store and among the Zooper skins, I've always had a hard time finding attractive calendar widgets. Eventually, I just decided to make my own! I decided to share because I figure that others might have had the same desire as me.

I was inspired by the design of skins like FlatSearch and Pure Flat Clock as well as my favorite icon pack Flatastico and really wanted a calendar widget to go with my flat theme. So...here we are!

There are 3 4x2 layouts of both blue and green themes, plus a compact 4x1 version of each color scheme.

You can download from the Play Store; for now, I would like to keep all downloads there so the app can get some exposure through searches and the like. If that's a problem, send me a PM and I can send you the .apk.

I am now offering a PRO version for .99 USD to support all of my time spent working and tweaking. Benefits of PRO:
-NEW live weather configuration for each layout
-NEW pro exclusive black theme
-30 total layout options vs 12 in free version
-Ability to save layouts for future customization

Some screenshots:

Update 6/21: New Moonshine-inspired color scheme. Designed to coordinate with Moonshine Icons and associated wallpapers. Opaque background. See screenshot of those icons along with the new widget color scheme:

I owe a tremendous debt to the developers of Zooper widget - they have made the process of turning a user-made skin into a working app quite easy, considering how little coding knowledge I have. The aforementioned app developers whose gorgeous themes helped inspire me deserve my gratitude as well. XDA folks in general, thank you very much for making this place inviting for a person who has had to learn every single little thing about Android over the past year or two since I bought my first device. Any feedback is appreciated; this is my first app and I fully acknowledge that I could be making some sort of silly mistake or otherwise being a bad web/xda citizen.
Last edited by jlongrc; 22nd June 2014 at 08:47 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlongrc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Looks nice, but I think it would look better if you had the number dates and weekdays aligned with each other.
7th May 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
More
Thanks for your feedback!

Do you think this looks better?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Last edited by jlongrc; 8th May 2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: putting giant image behind hide tags
The Following User Says Thank You to jlongrc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

34 posts
More
New updates pushed to the Play Store yesterday. New color scheme described in OP. Screenshots below.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlongrc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

143 posts
Great widget man and one i've been looking for for awhile!!! My only question/suggestion is is there a way to make it so that the events for "today" are highlighted?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
calendar, flat, theme, widget, zooper
Previous Thread Next Thread