Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loosing recovery and root each time

Tip us?
 
DuckMcQUack
Old
#11  
DuckMcQUack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 425
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rome
Quote:
Originally Posted by badge2033 View Post
no there's no possibility, otas flash stock recovery and remove root by design.
you have to do it again after every ota.
that's how things are mate, you'll get used to it
Let's not give wrong infos.

To avoid that ota updates flash stock recovery every time go into developer options and unthick update cm recovery.

Regarding root you have two options: buy the premium version of supersu to have survival mode or keep a supersu zip on your phone's memory to flash it every time you update.

Have fun!

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4
 
H113408
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
Let's not give wrong infos.

To avoid that ota updates flash stock recovery every time go into developer options and unthick update cm recovery.

Regarding root you have two options: buy the premium version of supersu to have survival mode or keep a supersu zip on your phone's memory to flash it every time you update.

Have fun!

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
I tried this on the latest OTA and you're right if you unthick the update cm recovery then you keep your custom recovery.
+1 also for the root options. Noticed that with Philz recovery after I did the OTA update, Philz recovery suggested me automatically if I want to keep the root then I just had to click on yes.
 
DuckMcQUack
Old
#13  
DuckMcQUack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 425
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rome
Quote:
Originally Posted by H113408 View Post
I tried this on the latest OTA and you're right if you unthick the update cm recovery then you keep your custom recovery.
+1 also for the root options. Noticed that with Philz recovery after I did the OTA update, Philz recovery suggested me automatically if I want to keep the root then I just had to click on yes.
Nove.

Twrp does not ask you so you're fine

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
Nove.

Twrp does not ask you so you're fine

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk


Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
Nice.

Twrp does not ask you so you're fine

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------





Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk


Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
NIce.

Twrp does not ask you so you're fine

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------





Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------





Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk


Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more