Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Swap internal memory with external sd-card on KitKat

Tip us?

Flyer.michael
Old
(Last edited by Flyer.michael; 20th June 2014 at 12:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]Swap internal memory with external sd-card on KitKat

On all my other devices I was able to make the system believe the internal memory is the external SDcard... and that my external SD card was the internal memory
so I had a 64 GB tablet.
Never had any issues or obvious loss of speed...
Now I have installed my standard apps and the game Xcom and 16 GB are used up... can't move any more to the SD

Any way to do this on the P605 with 4.4.2?

I'm towelrooted

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app
HTC Flyer 32GB 3G

Freakstyler
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I believe you can use the app Foldermount to do that, or manually relink the drives via Terminal.

Sent from my SM-P600
The Following User Says Thank You to Freakstyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sam2c
Old
Thanks Meter 66
As the previous post suggested, get the paid version of foldermount and you can pretty much move (i.e. link) any folder to the SD card without android throwing a fit. I linked the Downloads folder and all of my game obb folders to the SD card and I have plenty of space left on the internal storage now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sam2c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Saike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default FolderMount Problem

Okay i have FolderMount on my android 4.4.2, but when i choose to open ''storage/sdcard1 or sdcard0'' it doesn't show nothing inside (on the foldermount) ! HELP ?! D:

petercohen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am confused. What is the point of fooling the system into believing that the external sdcard is the internal memory? I heard that the sdcard is slower than internal one.

Is FolderMount an app to work around the KitKit unable to save to sdcard issue?

mikep2323
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen View Post
I am confused. What is the point of fooling the system into believing that the external sdcard is the internal memory? I heard that the sdcard is slower than internal one.

Is FolderMount an app to work around the KitKit unable to save to sdcard issue?
Ive been using folder mount since it came out.It does not make anything slower for me.I have 128gb micro sd card and it runs fine.I have alot of games and most are over a gig.With folder mount im able to put everything on external microsd card and play the games from there.I only have 16gb on tablet with about 30 gb worth of game data, so without foldermount I wouldn't be able to fit all the games on tablet. That's why its good to fool the sytem. Hope some of that helped you better understand.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikep2323 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]