Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LB/UBL] Root Your device with just an app!

Tip us?

MH-Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 80
What's this?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

eSu.Matix
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH-Droid View Post
What's this?

What do you mean by "what is this?".
Your "anti-virus" (Please do yourself a favor and use Avast!) is telling you that you're about to install an app that will root your phone.
TowelRoot is completely safe and it work 100%. I've used it too, to root my phone.
Just allow the install, Google PlayStore will tell you the same ****, allow it again and after rooting uninstall the app.
Install SuperSU, update SuperSU binary (click on "normal" when it asks you), reboot and you're Gucci!
Motorola Moto G @ Android 4.4.2 | CyanogenMod 11
Sony Xperia SP @ Android 4.3 Jelly Bean | Stock & Rooted
Phone history: Nokia 8210 → Motorola C350 → Motorola E365 → Motorola C980 → Nokia E50 → Nokia 6500(classic) → Nokia C5-03 → Motorola XT720 → Motorola Atrix → Motorola Moto G & Sony Xperia SP
The Following User Says Thank You to eSu.Matix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

QBerto
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
What's this?

kids this days (?)

ok j/k

Root means (simplified) take advantage of a security error and let all apps go into system files, that is, and that's what your app is warning you. Then, to prevent that any app can get access those files, you need to instal an app to manage those permission and that app is Super SU, so no problem if you instal SuperSU
The Following User Says Thank You to QBerto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MH-Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Guys ive rooted my phone using towelroot and unistalled the app even deleted apk file but cm security says this... Its why im wondering..

eSu.Matix
Old
(Last edited by eSu.Matix; 24th August 2014 at 08:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Guys ive rooted my phone using towelroot and unistalled the app even deleted apk file but cm security says this... Its why im wondering..

As I said, please do yourself a favor, uninstall CM "Security" and install Avast! or any other decent Antivirus Program.

Edit: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-and...view-2102.html
Here is a good article by a trusted reviewer (This is Tom's Hardware's site) to give you an idea which AV apps are actually decent.
Motorola Moto G @ Android 4.4.2 | CyanogenMod 11
Sony Xperia SP @ Android 4.3 Jelly Bean | Stock & Rooted
Phone history: Nokia 8210 → Motorola C350 → Motorola E365 → Motorola C980 → Nokia E50 → Nokia 6500(classic) → Nokia C5-03 → Motorola XT720 → Motorola Atrix → Motorola Moto G & Sony Xperia SP
The Following User Says Thank You to eSu.Matix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Furrydaus
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSu.Matix View Post
As I said, please do yourself a favor, uninstall CM "Security" and install Avast! or any other decent Antivirus Program.

Edit: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-and...view-2102.html
Here is a good article by a trusted reviewer (This is Tom's Hardware's site) to give you an idea which AV apps are actually decent.
You actually don't need antiviruses so long you are careful with what apps and files you download online are from trusted sources. Antiviruses just take up quite an amount of ram and its just slows down ur device.

| Youtube | XDA Profile | TEAM Clarity | FORCEware | XSP ULTIMATE NOOBS GUIDE TO ROOTING |

Forum RULES

I may be 15 but what matters to me most is how many people I HELP in the community than how many Thanks I get in my projects!
Let's make the XDA Forums and the world a better place for you and me by staying cheerful!
Hit the THANKS button to help support devs and me on XDA! Don't be an ungrateful user!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Furrydaus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrjraider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,107
Towelroot is an application that uses an exploit. Just like windows it is a vulnerability in the System (kernel in this case) any program or in this case application that uses it to either inject files, get acces or do other stuff is named malware.
In this case we know what the application does so there is no need to worry

~~Regards
My Device:
Phone: Sony Xperia SP
Model: C5303
Firmware: eXistenZ Ultra 4.0.0
Bootloaderstatus: Locked
Rootstatus: Enabled
SuperUserpatch: Installed

~ Be Nice To People ~
~ All My Threads! ~

-aren-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
worked for me with vpn. i had internet conection problem until i used vpn.. and done , rooted..

Tags
app, easy, lb/ubl, root, sony