Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from xdajog: v1.0 RC 2 released! Check out the details here

[ROM][ICS] sediROM - old but current inside - stable - smooth - rooted or not-rooted

Tip us?

xdajog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalsy View Post
Sorry for asking so many pre-install questions, but I just wanted to clarify one thing:
Does the "The tweak itself will replace the vold.fstab file - if you want you can find the relevant part in the sediROM zip file at "customize/MOD_SwapMounts/" mean any modification in flashing a custom or stock ROM later??
e.g. if I face a problem with sediROM (although unlikely) or if Samsung releases a 4.4 update, will I be able to flash the new ROM just like I will be flashing sediROM in a few hours??
Appreciate your patience and thank you for the answers..
Nothing to say sorry for

Well normally when you install a new ROM you will be asked if you want to wipe your data or not. Same for sediROM.
So when you selecting wipe what happens is that /system and /data and so on will be deleted/formatted.
The modifications which are made by sediROM and /or any other ROM you have installed will be gone then (so for the sdcard swap of course).

That said: No you don't need to modify anything when you choose to install another ROM after sediROM (or any other custom ROM) as long as you using the wipe option in the new ROM.
(I would prefer to use an app for that sdcard swapping part so you are independent from any ROM but have no experience in that.)
I really love keyboard smartphones ...
PETITION FOR MORE QWERTY PHONES! >Click here< and sign the petition so Qwerty may not die...

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:
Samsung Captivate Glide / SGH-I927 (rollin on sediROM v1.0)
LG Optimus F3Q (rollin on Stock JB, rooted)

Retired:

HTC Desire Z / Vision (my 1st Droid ) , Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia 9500 Communicator

xdajog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Default sediROM news

Good news are always welcome

1) At least 1 maintenance release is planned for the v1 tree - check out the details here:
sediROM Roadmap

2) well the second RC of v1.0 is here! sorry took some more time then thought but real life is sometimes more imporant
Check it out in the download section and please give feedback. I think sediROM is in a very good state now and if nothing completely goes wrong we will see the RC2 as the final one for v1.0.

For the changelog see the changelog post

As usual: Happy for any thanks click and feedback
PETITION FOR MORE QWERTY PHONES! >Click here< and sign the petition so Qwerty may not die...

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:

Retired:

HTC Desire Z / Vision (my 1st Droid ) , Nokia N97 mini, Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia 9210 Communicator, Nokia 9500 Communicator
The Following User Says Thank You to xdajog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mara-
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Does your ROM suffer from bug when phone wont wake up from deep sleep when somebody calls me or send me SMS? Stock ICS and even LiteRom suffers from this bug, but not the ROMs developed by bubor.

Quote:
The current chainfire SuperSU app requires the pro version to get titanium and other apps working
This is simply not true. I have latest SuperSU and TitaniumBackup, and SuperSU never asked me to buy pro version, not for TitaniumBackup nor any other app. Also, I couldn't find anyone else who wrote the same complain.

xdajog
Old
(Last edited by xdajog; 24th August 2014 at 05:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mara- View Post
Does your ROM suffer from bug when phone wont wake up from deep sleep when somebody calls me or send me SMS? Stock ICS and even LiteRom suffers from this bug, but not the ROMs developed by bubor.
Well never heard that before .. hm could be true because sometimes I not hearing a call but as no one else reported such an issue and because it is not always I thought I don't need to investigate it further but I will do so now. Do you know which kernel bubor uses when the issue not occurs? LiteKernel? Version? Would help.

Quote:
This is simply not true. I have latest SuperSU and TitaniumBackup, and SuperSU never asked me to buy pro version, not for TitaniumBackup nor any other app. Also, I couldn't find anyone else who wrote the same complain.
Well ok you say it isn't true but it is - in my case. A screen is attached. Maybe it is the special constellation because I use Titanium Backup Pro/Paid version and the message you see attached occurs when I run my weekly scheduled backup..so it is maybe an error within the app or something but haven't investigate that further.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_2014_08_24_supersu215534859.png
Views:	32
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2910446  

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:

Retired:

mara-
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajog View Post
Well never heard that before .. hm could be true because sometimes I not hearing a call but as no one else reported such an issue and because it is not always I thought I don't need to investigate it further but I will do so now. Do you know which kernel bubor uses when the issue not occurs? LiteKernel? Version? Would help.
You can read about issue here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1615761

Phone simply won't wake from deep sleep. The caller hears ringing in his ear speaker, but Glide is not ringing, it stays in deep sleep. And there is no record of a call, no missed call, nothing. Bubor uses default CyanogenMod kernel in his Android 4.4 ROM.

BTW, the issue is totally random, but really annoying.

It would be great if you could resolve this bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajog View Post
Well ok you say it isn't true but it is - in my case. A screen is attached. Maybe it is the special constellation because I use Titanium Backup Pro/Paid version and the message you see attached occurs when I run my weekly scheduled backup..so it is maybe an error within the app or something but haven't investigate that further.
Really strange, I never sow that message.
The Following User Says Thank You to mara- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wr4i7h
Old
(Last edited by Wr4i7h; 25th August 2014 at 12:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default F2FS

Just a suggestion: I'm curious to see if the i927 can benefit from using F2FS. A kernel with F2FS support will be necessary. There is a backports project here. Then, the partitions would have to be formatted with F2FS and fstab would have to be adjusted.

Edit: it seems the backport project is now here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wr4i7h For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdajog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr4i7h View Post
Just a suggestion: I'm curious to see if the i927 can benefit from using F2FS. A kernel with F2FS support will be necessary. There is a backports project here. Then, the partitions would have to be formatted with F2FS and fstab would have to be adjusted.

Edit: it seems the backport project is now here.
sounds interesting. simply open a feature request here (click)

thanks

My "Keyboard-History"

Alive:

Retired: