Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Where you successful at getting OTA installed
yes 25 83.33%
no 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][Guide][FULL ODIN FILES][AT&T][NC2][OTA Update Fix][Soft Brick FIX]

Tip us?

mikep90
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
the CSC is the custom vender settings file "cache.img.ext4" ( AT&T, TMO, etc..) it get's copyed to your cache partition and after Oding reboots you will see your stock recovery start and install these cache files.

In the (home odin installer) in the cache.img.ext4 the command script is set to not mess with the internal sdcard, so all your userdata files or still there. that would be ok if your was strictly stock and all your settings and apps where done from a stock rom, but if your custom rom is way off stock then you could get boot issues ( as some have already reported) to fix would be to do a factory reset from stock recovery ( that's what the 4 install files do)

the PIT file does not format, it is just a file that tell's odin where the partitions or, but odin automatically selects the format box when you choose the PIT file. so never use it without all your firmware files
So pretty much you wouldn't need the pit file at all than unless under certain situations but most likely you won't need it.

carl1961
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90 View Post
So pretty much you wouldn't need the pit file at all than unless under certain situations but most likely you won't need it.
yes, word on xda is never use it unless nothing else helps

mikep90
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
yes, word on xda is never use it unless nothing else helps
OK thanks I got u. I think I understand. Home file keeps your user data and all that and 4 odin files does a complete restore. Also when using home file interfers if using custom roms sometimes and that's when you would do a factory reset and that's what the four odin files will do. So for example I'm on dynamic Kat and if I wanted to go back to factory and start all over but not lose my user data and apps I would just use the home file or would I use the 4 odin files.

carl1961
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90 View Post
OK thanks I got u. I think I understand. Home file keeps your user data and all that and 4 odin files does a complete restore. Also when using home file interfers if using custom roms sometimes and that's when you would do a factory reset and that's what the four odin files will do. So for example I'm on dynamic Kat and if I wanted to go back to factory and start all over but not lose my user data and apps I would just use the home file or would I use the 4 odin files.
you could try the home install but if you have boot issues from the dynamic Kat rom, the just do a factory reset. to clear userdata stuff

LfnsR
Old
(Last edited by LfnsR; 20th August 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 475
Just updated from JB to KK. Rooted with Towel Root and now flashing FireKat! Appreciate the links to the files and the info your provided to me. Have a great evening.
Samsung Note 3

Asus Transformer Prime 32GB

ROM: Androwook Hairy Bean

np98921
Old
(Last edited by np98921; 25th August 2014 at 08:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Please help

Im unsure which files/install I need, as I've already downloaded one zip that was supposed to be original kk files and none of them will go into odin. Im currently having the issue where the E: wont mount after towel root, and safestrap 3.75 , and I, in all my ignorance, did everything on the stock rom slot as the ROM told me to do so, now im stuck at a black screen when phone boots after the safestrap screen, please help!

I was on official 4.4.2 OTA if that makes a difference.

carl1961
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by np98921 View Post
Im unsure which files/install I need, as I've already downloaded one zip that was supposed to be original kk files and none of them will go into odin. Im currently having the issue where the E: wont mount after towel root, and safestrap 3.75 , and I, in all my ignorance, did everything on the stock rom slot as the ROM told me to do so, now im stuck at a black screen when phone boots after the safestrap screen, please help!

I was on official 4.4.2 OTA if that makes a difference.
Download the single file with home in the name, Unzip and put phone in download mode, install with odin
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

np98921
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Download the single file with home in the name, Unzip and put phone in download mode, install with odin
That did the trick, Thank You! Now To do some more reading and figure out how to get this rom on proper thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to np98921 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]