Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

wifi not working after updating rom

OP darkmagi83

2nd February 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 4,209

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman1953

Copied from the stock folder to ext sd card then switched to hyperdrive rom and pasted in the folder you wrote

If you just copied and pasted the permissions on the modules would have been rw-rw-rw-. The permissions on the modules need to be 0644. Copy and pasting them dooesnt change their permissions. You need to make sure the contents of the modules folder are owned by root (0) and have permissions set to rw-r--r--(0644).

Copy and paste the modules into /system/lib/modules as you did before then copy and paste the following into terminal line by line and dont modify the commands in any way:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/lib/modules
chmod 0644 *.ko
reboot
then hit enter to reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd February 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #12  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 16

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

If you just copied and pasted the permissions on the modules would have been rw-rw-rw-. The permissions on the modules need to be 0644. Copy and pasting them dooesnt change their permissions. You need to make sure the contents of the modules folder are owned by root (0) and have permissions set to rw-r--r--(0644).

Copy and paste the modules into /system/lib/modules as you did before then copy and paste the following into terminal line by line and dont modify the commands in any way:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/lib/modules
chmod 0644 *.ko
reboot
then hit enter to reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just now I remembered that you have to switch on the permissions in tool area of the r/w . I did that then tried again and still failed. ES won't let me delete the old files or rename them.
I'm stuck because each time I try to copy to device/system/lib/modules it fails
2nd February 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 4,209

1,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman1953

Just now I remembered that you have to switch on the permissions in tool area of the r/w . I did that then tried again and still failed. ES won't let me delete the old files or rename them.
I'm stuck because each time I try to copy to device/system/lib/modules it fails

Ok. Then open terminal type the following first:

Code:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
Then copy and paste the modules In that folder and run the commands I typed in my previous post.
2nd February 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #14  
Boston

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

Ok. Then open terminal type the following first:

Code:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
Then copy and paste the modules In that folder and run the commands I typed in my previous post.

I got lucky!!

I rebooted a couple times, re-checked that the permissions in ES stuck in root explorer to all R/W's.

Then I went to device/ system/ lib/ modules and tried again to rename the existing 2 files and it worked. Then I copied in the 2 files need, rebooted for the last time and BINGO, working wifi

BIG thanks for all the time spent and help!!
3rd February 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #15  
Boston

300 posts
More
I do have one weird issue.

On text receiving, I see the flash of the incoming message on the notificationbar but the response is not added to the conversation list
25th August 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Files in /system/lib/modules
I've hit the same problem here- I was getting so many self-restarts and hangs from my ROM slot that I wiped it and reinstalled, and now WiFi won't turn on.

I'm running MI1 still (was happy for a long time, not not so), SafeStrapped, and have installed Hyperdrive RLS10.2 and the jfltevzw-MI1-modules. Phone works, 4G works. WiFi will not turn on.

I tried wiping Dalvik and cache, rebooting, then fixing permissions via Hyperdrive tweaks, but no luck on getting it to work.

I've read through the thread, but here's the thing: When I look through Stock device/system/lib/module, there aren't two files, but about nineteen or so in there. Which ones am I looking for?

Sorry to resurrect this, but I figure it's better than starting a whole new thread to ask the same question.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread