Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [T-Mobile] Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery, Root, S-Off

Tip us?
 
blacknet101
Old
#101  
blacknet101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 427
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE View Post
You have to use Sunshine for latest 1.57 ......

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I was about to Ask the same question because I just got this phone and I wanna get s-off but I read that firewater wasn't working with 1.57!

Now I just need to find the thread for Sunshine [emoji5]

*.what we do in life, echoes in eternity.*
|| Device: HTC One [M8] || Future Device: Galaxy s5 ||ROM: Stock Sense 6.0 || Kernel: Stock || Recovery: Stock ||

|| Samsung Fascinate || iPhone 4 || Nexus S 4G || Droid Bionic || iPhone 4 || iPhone 4s || Galaxy Nexus || Droid RAZR HD ||
Galaxy sIII || iPhone 5 || Galaxy s4 || HTC One || Nexus 4 || MotoX || Galaxy s4 || iPhone 5s || LG G2 || Nexus 5 || iPhone 5s || Samsung Note 3 || HTC One [M8] || Samsung Galaxy s5 ||
 
pingels
Old
#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 103
Join Date: Apr 2006
I posted the link on the previous page. (solution )
The Following User Says Thank You to pingels For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JUSMEJOSE
Old
#103  
JUSMEJOSE's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 187
Posts: 1,192
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknet101 View Post
I was about to Ask the same question because I just got this phone and I wanna get s-off but I read that firewater wasn't working with 1.57!

Now I just need to find the thread for Sunshine [emoji5]
http://theroot.ninja/
T-Mobile Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 - White 32GB
ROM: Stock
Rooted
Kernel: Trinity/Overclocked

-------------


Any questions about Hard Bricked/JTAG Repairs PM ME...

-------------


Previous Phones

Motorola i60/Motorola i860/Motorola i930/Motorola V300/Nokia N95 8GB/Nokia N96/HTC G1/Blackberry 9000/HTC Nexus One/Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Vibrant T959/Samsung T989/Samsung T889/Samsung M919
 
SeVIIn
Old
#104  
SeVIIn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 149
Join Date: Jul 2011
I literally just got this phone today with 4.4.2 on it, if I take the update will I be able to root and install recovery? Or should I avoid the update and install recovery, root, and s-off first? I assume I would need to manually update the firmware afterward then....Just a little confused I'm use to simply rooting and installing recovery then being good to go.
 
pingels
Old
#105  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 103
Join Date: Apr 2006
Whatever you do, use sunshine s-off if the other method doesn't work for you. It's $25 well-spent.
 
uoY_redruM
Old
#106  
uoY_redruM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,934
Posts: 3,316
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVIIn View Post
I literally just got this phone today with 4.4.2 on it, if I take the update will I be able to root and install recovery? Or should I avoid the update and install recovery, root, and s-off first? I assume I would need to manually update the firmware afterward then....Just a little confused I'm use to simply rooting and installing recovery then being good to go.
If you know how to adb push, you're fine.

Update then after its done, push the TWRP recovery. Boot into recovery and when you go to reboot from recovery, it'll say no root was found and ask if you want to install it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED
The Following User Says Thank You to uoY_redruM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SeVIIn
Old
(Last edited by SeVIIn; 25th August 2014 at 08:06 AM.)
#107  
SeVIIn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 149
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoY_redruM View Post
If you know how to adb push, you're fine.

Update then after its done, push the TWRP recovery. Boot into recovery and when you go to reboot from recovery, it'll say no root was found and ask if you want to install it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
That sounds a lot more simpler that I was making it haha. So, just to clarify, unlock the bootloader push TWRP and good to root from there (flash SU)?

I just want to get it up and running with a good ol' AOSP ROM

Edit: everything went fine updated via OTA then unlocked and rooted with recovery, now to decided if I should S-Off....
The Following User Says Thank You to SeVIIn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
uoY_redruM
Old
#108  
uoY_redruM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,934
Posts: 3,316
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVIIn View Post
That sounds a lot more simpler that I was making it haha. So, just to clarify, unlock the bootloader push TWRP and good to root from there (flash SU)?

I just want to get it up and running with a good ol' AOSP ROM

Edit: everything went fine updated via OTA then unlocked and rooted with recovery, now to decided if I should S-Off....
haha, glad you got it all worked out.

Sorry, I have my XDA linked to my old e-mail account. I didn't see you quoted me.
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes