Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware Mobiletechvideos!

Tip us?

connexion2005
Old
Thanks Meter 702

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys/gals!

OK, let's get some things sorted out for everyone here! What are your order numbers? I actively monitor another thread here on XDA but didn't realize this one was going so I'm glad I searched for it. It is 100% true we are relocating to our brand new facility on a large section of land that I purchased and I've been contracting the entire project. Although it is an exciting transition, it's been tougher keeping up with emails and communication so I am very grateful for everyone's patience. As most know, we run a clean operation and this is unusual for us so I do apologize for the inconvenience a small percentage of you have had bestowed upon yourselves. So, we have around 3 weeks remaining on our build and we plan to be into the building and running completely out of it the week of August 25th and onward. This process has been rolling since mid-March so the end of it is greatly welcomed by my team and my family! I greatly appreciate the customer base we have of loyal XDA patrons and the likes of many other online avenues. In addition I'm hiring 2 employees to add to our team to better assist our customers in the future for better customer service. I look forward to completing that transition and continuing to uphold the high standards we have set and come to be known by in the future.

So, what are your order numbers? Let's see about making this a response thread for those having trouble getting updates from us.

Thanks!

-Josh
MobileTechVideos
Follow me on TWITTER and/or FACEBOOK...
The Following User Says Thank You to connexion2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slowro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion2005 View Post
Hi guys/gals!

So, what are your order numbers? Let's see about making this a response thread for those having trouble getting updates from us.

Thanks!

-Josh
Order #24129. I called, it had a damaged logic board, but was able to get it booted again. Asked if you could remove root, and reset things so I could get my warranty to cover the replacement. Then it was supposed to be sent back. Maybe it is en-route? Also, there was talks about a partial refund since not all services could be rendered.

Any updates hopefully?

mechanity
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Glad I found this, I was worried from the lack of response or progress on my order. My order number's #24137

hd779
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Here is an update:
My friend got her pone back about a month ago, she was told that a former employee broke the screen on her phone and hid the phone rather than take responsibility. Mobiletech fixed the screen free of charge and the original problem and shipped the phone back. The phone is now working great. Of course my continuing concern is that had attempts to contact been return in a timely manner this probably would have been resolved sooner. I hope this is a lesson learned.

chevy383surfing
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Question How do I get ahold of these guys at Mobiletech?

I have emailed them and called and I can't get a hold of anyone at Mobiletech. Does anyone know if they are still open?
*Touch Pro II NRGZ28 ENERGY ROM. Sold.
*HTC G2 Vision CM7 1.5 OC + lots of other goodies! Gave to sister.
*HTC Senstation 4G NRGZ28 ENERGY ROM 1.8 OC.
*Samsung Galaxy Tab Overcome ROM. Sold.
*T-Mobile G-Slate Rooted/Unlocked Bootloader
(with Netflix!)

cdup
Old
(Last edited by cdup; 25th August 2014 at 07:05 PM.) Reason: Was not clear about certain aspects
Thanks Meter 1
Default Dissatisfied with Lack of Communication

Quote:
Hi guys/gals!

OK, let's get some things sorted out for everyone here! What are your order numbers? I actively monitor another thread here on XDA but didn't realize this one was going so I'm glad I searched for it. It is 100% true we are relocating to our brand new facility on a large section of land that I purchased and I've been contracting the entire project. Although it is an exciting transition, it's been tougher keeping up with emails and communication so I am very grateful for everyone's patience. As most know, we run a clean operation and this is unusual for us so I do apologize for the inconvenience a small percentage of you have had bestowed upon yourselves. So, we have around 3 weeks remaining on our build and we plan to be into the building and running completely out of it the week of August 25th and onward. This process has been rolling since mid-March so the end of it is greatly welcomed by my team and my family! I greatly appreciate the customer base we have of loyal XDA patrons and the likes of many other online avenues. In addition I'm hiring 2 employees to add to our team to better assist our customers in the future for better customer service. I look forward to completing that transition and continuing to uphold the high standards we have set and come to be known by in the future.

Thanks!

-Josh

Hey Josh,

I am a customer of yours (order# 24225) and I gotta say my experience has been a little less than pleasant. I run a cell repair outfit and I had my JTAG tech out on vacation. So I decided to try you guys out since I had seen your videos, and heard ok things about you on XDA.

I understand that you guys are in the middle of a big move but this is the exact thing that you should have as a large post on your main page or at least your payment page. This should also be something that you anticipate when you are still selling "Rush Service" which I unfortunately paid for. Hire more customer service staff during the move so that you can at the very least communicate with your customers. I have had a phone with you for 4 weeks and have had to fight to get any response at all. Many times I have sent emails, and left voicemails and I haven't gotten any response at all. It wasn't until today that I finally got someone on the phone to get an update and they told me that they would have to call me back as your computers are not up. I understand the hiccups and hangups that moving can cause but it is unacceptable that you don't prepare for this and at least have your people doing regular callbacks to customers to keep them updated. My outfit does approximately 50 repairs a day for people local and shipped in and we make it a point to at least call every day or two to let people know what is going on. I also only employ 3 other people so I know this volume at least can be handled with minimal staffing. It just requires a customer-centric attitude from your employees.

All in all my Note 3 has been with you guys for over a month now and I have been promised call backs, told on numerous occasions that it will "ship this coming Thursday" (Been told that for 3 weeks now), and sent emails/left messages that do not even get a response. I am sure you guys know what you are doing and are quite skilled at reviving hard bricked devices. I also know that it is not easy so I commend you for building a business around it. Your lack of communication and ability to deliver what is advertised, and what your employees told to your customers within a reasonable amount of time is what I am disappointed about.

I am still waiting to hear from someone who promised they would call me back in an hour. That deadline has passed by about an hour. Hopefully we can at least get some resolution on XDA going because reaching you guys directly and expecting accountability is obviously out of the question.

Thank You,
Collin
The Following User Says Thank You to cdup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

connexion2005
Old
Thanks Meter 702

DONATE TO ME
I just checked in with Collin are there any other order numbers anyone wants checked out?
MobileTechVideos
Follow me on TWITTER and/or FACEBOOK...

Shamear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I just checked in with Collin are there any other order numbers anyone wants checked out?

Thanks.

wheeeler
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs down Week of 25 August and they're still avoiding us

Quote:
First of all, Order 24289

While you're at it, call every customer with an order older than 4 days--or less, for the poor bastards that paid you extra. Explain the nature of the delay, take ownership of your selfish blunders, tell your customers that you are human.... just do something. Avoiding messages and phone calls makes you look like a total asshat, when you're probably just a little scared of confrontation. I get it, but you need to stop that.

Also, you need to add some HUGE banner text to your website informing other potential victims of your halt in operations. The smart & ethical thing to do would be to disable ordering altogether while you figure out the best way to remove your head from your fourth point of contact.

The Following User Says Thank You to wheeeler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]