Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][S-OFF] SIM Unlock Your HTC ONE M8 GSM *NOT SPRINT*

Tip us?

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Way Mofo View Post
AT&T M8 unlocked and T-Mobile sim works but I can't get MMS to work anyone knows a fix? Thanks
Check the APN settings.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
leobg

xeagle24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nIce View Post
Hello guys
I just bought a US Sprint Version M8 and It is driving me Crazy.
I still am not able to unlock it. HELP HELP
My device is htvdev boot loader unlocked.
S-off
Rooted as well
I first tried the Universal sim unlock method via http://www.sieempi.eu where you flash in the config.dat file via simlock option, everything failed except it said successfully applied imei code.
I popped in a foreign gsm sim card, still it was locked. Nothing happened
I than proceeded with the SuperCid 11111111 trick, I was able to change the code successfully.
But when I tried in ma foreign sim card. Nothing worked.
I after doing the above two steps I than tried the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk mod trick on my currently installed stock rom.
I renamed the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else
And pasted modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and changed permission to rw-r-r.
I ran sim unlocker helper program, granted it SU rights reached the page with the start button but when I press the start button no pop up window appears. Nothing happens at all.
I than decided to flash my Stock Rom to BSC_Stock_Rooted_M8_RLS_21 Rom
I tried the same trick and switched the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk with the modified file.
I open sim unlocker helper, grand su access and it takes me to start button but when I press start nothing happens still.
Now with the new Rom when I pop in the sim card I get Invalid Card. Please contact customer care.
Note: I also changed the network to gsm only directly via the menu and also by using the #*#*4636*#*# code
Attached is a screen shot :
Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

hello i have the same problem but i dont understand the steps, can you tell me where did you get the steps? thanx

Torayem
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Can anyone explain how to enable 3G overseas , I successfully unlocked my Sprint M8 but all I can use is edge

No Way Mofo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg View Post
Check the APN settings.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
Checked, still can't send or receive.

miltoneski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ayuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torayem View Post
Well . Every thing in the original post was right except for new Sprint HTC one M8 which was purchased recently .

To get unlocked helper start key works you should rename all HTCOMADM files in the app folder plus all HTC OMADM PLUGINS ,
SO they are 4 files to rename not only 2 . And renaming should be changing name and extension . If you renamed only those 2 files mention in the op thread the start bottun won't work ,
Being on stock Rom is recommended plus installing the firmware mention on the above thread. It's 100% works on Sprint
I am using viperone Rom and it works excellent
Amigo, podrías decir me cómo hayar esos archivos. Yo los he buscado con el root xplorer y nada. Lo otro. Mi m8 es de sprint y le instale la custom rom de sprint pero la versión de harman kardom.. Estará bien o tengo que poner la original?
Lo tengo con S-off, super cid 11111111, bootloader y la versión de Android 4.4.2.
. Por favor te pido me ayudes pues me tiene desesperado el tema.

Captain-Karacho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bootloader and undo simlock process

Guys, if all requirements (s-off, non-sprint, external sd) are met, does it matter if the bootloader is locked or unlocked for this?
Is there a proper way to undo the "simlock" in case something goes wrong during the flashing, or the phone will not connect to the networkt anymore?

I have an HTC One M8 with a 3 Austria branding.
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
Radio-1.16.2133156.UA15G
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-1.54.771.9
Tags
gsm, sim unlock, unlock