[Q] how to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S 2 Epic 4G touch from Sprint

Search This thread

Vi_Bustillo

Feb 21, 2012
Hi! this is my first time posting on this forum.

I want to unlock my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint but I can't seem to be able to do it.

I was able to root it and have Superuser access, I downloaded Chainfire's app from the Android Market and ran it, but it says the system couldn't find the unlock code.... don't really know how to move forward from there...

Also, this is the Gingerbread EL29... and doesn't have an IMEI but rather a MEID which makes it harder for me to find an app to unlock it...

Any help please?????

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida

I want to unlock my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint but I can't seem to be able to do it.

I was able to root it and have Superuser access, I downloaded Chainfire's app from the Android Market and ran it, but it says the system couldn't find the unlock code.... don't really know how to move forward from there...

Also, this is the Gingerbread EL29... and doesn't have an IMEI but rather a MEID which makes it harder for me to find an app to unlock it...

Any help please?????

My friend "unlocked" please expound further on what you are trying to do. We dont have to unlock our phones. Now are you trying to get your MSL code?

Edit: Also everything you need to know about this phone is either in the wiki or a sticky on the development page.

Vi_Bustillo

Feb 21, 2012
I have it locked for Sprint use only, but I wanna be able to use another carrier... I'm not sure abotu what I need... I already rooted the phone, I know I need a code to be able to unlock it... but I'm unable to get it. for some reason

azyouthinkeyeiz

Jan 3, 2010
"Unlocking" is only for GSM phones with a "SIM". Since you have almost certainly opened the backplate of the device, did you see a SIM slot?

No?

Oh, yeah, that's because the Epic Touch is a CDMA device.

You cannot "unlock" the GSM telephony, if there is not one to begin with.

You should be looking for APN settings for your carrier and a way to input them.
And, do some research, because it doesn't seem that you are at a required level of knowledge, of the system you are messing with, to even be attempting it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Dalmus

Feb 6, 2011
Milwaukee
I wanna use a Uruguayan carrier.... I just need to know how to get the unlock code which the app is not finding for me.

There is no such thing as an unlock code for a CDMA device, unfortunately for you.

In the US, if you find a CDMA carrier that is willing to activate a CDMA phone that wasn't originally designed for their network, you would have to give them the phone's ESN number (found behind your battery). They would add it to their network, which would allow them to activate your phone on their network. They may also require your IMEI, which is the same thing as the MEID. You can get this from the same sticker, or dial *#06# on your keypad.

You will have to contact the carrier you intend to use the phone on and see if this is possible. I know somebody who did this when their work sent them to China for two years.

Karusai

Aug 25, 2014
Sprint/Boost Epic 4G Touch on U.S. Cellular

There is no such thing as an unlock code for a CDMA device, unfortunately for you.

In the US, if you find a CDMA carrier that is willing to activate a CDMA phone that wasn't originally designed for their network, you would have to give them the phone's ESN number (found behind your battery). They would add it to their network, which would allow them to activate your phone on their network. They may also require your IMEI, which is the same thing as the MEID. You can get this from the same sticker, or dial *#06# on your keypad.

You will have to contact the carrier you intend to use the phone on and see if this is possible. I know somebody who did this when their work sent them to China for two years.

My Galaxy SPH-D710 was purchased in Michigan through Boost. I just moved to Maine where there is no boost, and U.S. Cellular unkindly rules. This project is on my level but I ran into an issue I hope to fix tonight after 5 days of code manipulation. Ok, so here's the story.
Obviously my phone will not connect to a carrier, and no service tower to make things harrier XD. So amongst the edits and flashing, I lost my MSL. Come to find out, here is why: U.S. Cellular accepted my device on their network. It was simple, just said it was an sch-r760, they put in my ESN/MEID Dex and viola, accepted. Ok, here's the kicker (not as nice of a kicker as is in my trunk if you catch my drift)... APNs are locked as you well know. The question is, where the crap did my MSL go? Boost was going to give it to me but since I've been out of service for months and I flashed with no tower near, ALLLLLL DATA ASSOCIATES WITH MY ACCT is just gone. Phone records, MSL, even device specs.
My question... when I get to a tower, I will have to activate back on Boost to get their system to issue me an MSL to then be able to add U.S. Cellular APN settings after receiving my unlock code... OR since its also ATT, and Boost and U.S. Cellular both use ATT towers to roam around here... Will I receive my U.S. Cel access? I have already Paid my U.S. Cell activation and monthly charges. I couldn't have paid if my phone wasnt accepted. Even US Cellular said this. I'm betting I get on Boost network, then have to diag MSL add APN since I cannot edit and stick without MSL. Oi... What I do know, is I will prevail, I never fail! When I do, I will write an impenetrable Tutorial and circulate it to U.S. Cellulars demise ;)

SamsungRoot

Oct 30, 2013
Maiden

Any help please?????

i don't think its possible to unlock cdma,other than flashing to page plus,but the reason why gsm is so easy to unlock is because you insert a different network card into ur 3G sim card slot,and u type in your network code when it asks,,,,,cdma(phones that don't take sim cards) are flashed to that carrier firmware wised which means you would go through alot just to reflash to another carrier.try flash to pageplus,that will cost money,but dirt cheap as low as $7

Top Liked Posts