[ROM][4.4.2][CDMA/GSM][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.4 [04/06/14]

16th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #311  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 4

81 posts
More
Thumbs up Apps Permissions and Better Battery Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta

Hi, sorry for late reply, have you by any chance been using betterbatterystats? it would be easy to debug if you can post the betterbattery stats info for about 4-5 hours of no usage on the phone - of all the screens.

THANK YOU, your reply was very quick and appreciated! Sorry for mine being delayed, had a lot going on during that weekend and this past week, couldn't get to see your response in full.

Quote:

Basic debugging to help would be to check if google now/search is giving you traffic updates. My phone used to do that and for that it would wake up the phone every minute. If possible disable this from the google now settings. I dont think any app is causing this but that will be evident from the better battery screen as to who wakes up your phone.

I had tried this before, but it didn't help completely, but I'm glad to hear I was on the right track initially!

Quote:

About denying wakelocks...for that you need to open settings - there is an option caleld as App Ops
i think it is one or 2 spaces below the apps option which shows installed apps.
I dont have RR installed right now, but as far as i remember, there were categories and the same apps were listed across the categories based on what type of wakelocks they were using, etc. so you just have to select the right one and deny it.

I was able to locate the settings you were referring to in "Apps permissions", and reduce or remove permissions for several apps. There's still some occasional drain, but most days I'm getting anywhere from 12-28hrs of battery again!

Quote:

Hope that helps, if you still have doubts or all of that doesnt help, post better battery stats screen shots and then we can work it out here!
Happy Flashing!!

Hey Delta,
Thanks a million for this very informative post! I am constantly using my phone, so getting the screenshots after no use has been a little tough. I will do that if I start getting too many more 6-10hr days, but I think so far what you've taught me has gotten me just about back to normal. It's given the phone a little more stability sometimes too. But I'm still fighting with that issue (constant freezing and unresponsiveness).
Thanks again, and have a great weekend!
16th August 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 34

168 posts
Battery Drain
Quote:
Originally Posted by willflint

THANK YOU, your reply was very quick and appreciated! Sorry for mine being delayed, had a lot going on during that weekend and this past week, couldn't get to see your response in full.

I had tried this before, but it didn't help completely, but I'm glad to hear I was on the right track initially!

I was able to locate the settings you were referring to in "Apps permissions", and reduce or remove permissions for several apps. There's still some occasional drain, but most days I'm getting anywhere from 12-28hrs of battery again!

Hey Delta,
Thanks a million for this very informative post! I am constantly using my phone, so getting the screenshots after no use has been a little tough. I will do that if I start getting too many more 6-10hr days, but I think so far what you've taught me has gotten me just about back to normal. It's given the phone a little more stability sometimes too. But I'm still fighting with that issue (constant freezing and unresponsiveness).
Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

Always eager to help
Resurrection was quite good, can't find a good rom that has good active display inbuilt and no rom that has this App ops option.
Too bad they ain't supporting it.
Happy Flashing!!
19th August 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #313  
Thanks Meter: 47

116 posts
No updates for this ROM? Such a shame I liked it a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatItami For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #314  
Flag Hobb’s End
Thanks Meter: 924

1,319 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Always eager to help
Resurrection was quite good, can't find a good rom that has good active display inbuilt and no rom that has this App ops option.
Too bad they ain't supporting it.
Happy Flashing!!

LiquidSmooth has booth fully working!

Tapped from another Dimension
19th August 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #315  

168 posts
Smile Next ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbleCore

LiquidSmooth has booth fully working!

Had been meaning to tell you. AICP was quite a good daily driver!! i didnt have time so used it up to 3 weeks i think. Quite good!!
It did have very less battery consumption while using the phone. But about 2-3%/hr even if not using the phone at all. Some wakeups which i think are related to google now but not really sure. It always comes from something gms, i think google play services and mostly about wakelock activity detector or something like that. Just this weekend i came back to slim then, most trusted daily . But same battery drain issue which now i think is the result of google now or hangouts or google plus or something. Must try liquid smooth, can you post link here? and which gapps? and also the app ops screen shot if not too much trouble

BTW i dont know if something is wrong with my phone or safestrap or whatever, I just cannot install any version of jbx on any rom
RR, AICP and now SLIM. And the SOKP which already had JBX in it did not boot. Nothing boots after i install jbx and i think the aroma installer never really finishes the install to bring me to the reboot screen. But not sure what could be wrong? my phone needs jbx
19th August 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #316  
Flag Hobb’s End
Thanks Meter: 924

1,319 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Had been meaning to tell you. AICP was quite a good daily driver!! i didnt have time so used it up to 3 weeks i think. Quite good!!
It did have very less battery consumption while using the phone. But about 2-3%/hr even if not using the phone at all. Some wakeups which i think are related to google now but not really sure. It always comes from something gms, i think google play services and mostly about wakelock activity detector or something like that. Just this weekend i came back to slim then, most trusted daily . But same battery drain issue which now i think is the result of google now or hangouts or google plus or something. Must try liquid smooth, can you post link here? and which gapps? and also the app ops screen shot if not too much trouble

BTW i dont know if something is wrong with my phone or safestrap or whatever, I just cannot install any version of jbx on any rom
RR, AICP and now SLIM. And the SOKP which already had JBX in it did not boot. Nothing boots after i install jbx and i think the aroma installer never really finishes the install to bring me to the reboot screen. But not sure what could be wrong? my phone needs jbx

For a port AICP was really stable! So, for LS, here ya go
drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/

Just use slim Gapps, I'm doing this on every rom, no problems
So, this is app opps/privacy guard

I'm running latest version of jbx now along with cm11, but should work with all source build roms, didn't work with the ports!
Are you downloading directly to your phone?
Try downloading via computer and transfer it to your phone via USB!

Give it a try and good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to DumbleCore For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #317  

168 posts
Smile App Ops
Quote:

I'm running latest version of jbx now along with cm11, but should work with all source build roms, didn't work with the ports!

Yesssss. Those are the App Ops that i want!!!
Guess its time to switch to LS then.
Ya i always use slim gapps, slim are good
I always have to download on the computer though, i also check md5 sum every damn time,
Lets try it with LS and then even then if i cannot get JBX, i will work harder to find out whats wrong
will flash LS this weekend!!
Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDelta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #318  

168 posts
App Ops
Quote:

Yesssss. Those are the App Ops that i want!!!
Guess its time to switch to LS then.
Ya i always use slim gapps, slim are good
I always have to download on the computer though, i also check md5 sum every damn time,
Lets try it with LS and then even then if i cannot get JBX, i will work harder to find out whats wrong
will flash LS this weekend!!
Thanks!!

Quote:

What ROM screen shot did you send? I thought you included LS screenshots. You seem to have advanced app ops and i only have normal app ops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	app_ops.png
Views:	69
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	2912763  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread