Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review: 8 Qi wireless receiver on test

Tip us?

Dark_Vortex
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown2 View Post
Hello, I just got this one in today and it works great using my Samsung OEM wireless charging back http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
While we're pleased your new purchase works well for you, this thread is discussing the wireless receivers (the part that goes inside the phone) rather than the wireless pads (the part you plug into the wall).

Back on topic, I had ordered two of wireless receiver #6 and I'm relieved to find out the power drain accusation is false. Of course using an S-View cover is going to use power...makes sense. Any time the screen is on there is going to be a power drain, but I think it's the language barrier with the seller that gave the impression that power drains quickly.

Just wish the delivery time was quicker...I'm eager to get my hands on these to test them out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Vortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dbrown2
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Vortex View Post
While we're pleased your new purchase works well for you, this thread is discussing the wireless receivers (the part that goes inside the phone) rather than the wireless pads (the part you plug into the wall).

Thank you for your input and I would agree that this thread is about receivers based on the topic. I was reading from the first post to the last and notice a few members looking for a low cost pad that worked well and thought I would help another member out with my experience. Although I do appreciate you explaining the difference between the two devices and the nomenclature used to describe each I think already have a firm understanding of them.

kind regards and back on topic.

blessedswine
Old
Thanks Meter 25
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321384831313...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

just wanted to put this out there for yall, im using this card, in my S5 and it does create some bulge in the back, but i have just found out that even with that bulge i can put the otterbox defender case on and still get my phone to wirelessly charge with a Nokia D900 charger, did find out that my anker wireless charger doesnt work with this case on though. just some info i figured id pass on.

nutttr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Got the number 2 card from the original post. Tried to find number 3 but couldn't. Tried it out tonight, works perfectly.

I cut the little bits off the back cover as shown in the OP and also sliced about 3mm off the edge of the card on the side opposite the connectors. Makes it fit better, and in my one, didn't damage it.

Definitely produces a bulge, but only small!

Sent from my SM-G906S using Tapatalk

kms108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
Got the number 2 card from the original post. Tried to find number 3 but couldn't. Tried it out tonight, works perfectly.

I cut the little bits off the back cover as shown in the OP and also sliced about 3mm off the edge of the card on the side opposite the connectors. Makes it fit better, and in my one, didn't damage it.

Definitely produces a bulge, but only small!

Sent from my SM-G906S using Tapatalk
I think the number 2 is better than the number 3, the detection is better, produce less heat and the location of the induction charging is directly in the center of the phone, the thickness is so small you won't notice the differences between the two.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition