Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flash Videos App for Windows Phone

OP gd761

24th August 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #11  
Flag Ekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 8

51 posts
More
You need to ask people with JTAG and/or Riff box, ATF box, dolphin clip, lumia jigs hardware. They can install marketplace encrypted XAP and then make installable one with this method or @djamol one (deleted from XDA forum). I don`t know exact procedure (about how to install encrypted xap with all that hardware things), only know it can be achieved. PM me if you can and want to share the details.

Also there is another apps people like to see available again like Metrotalk and some others. As soon as you find a mate who are up to this, tell us. Looks like @GoodDayToDie will not try to mess with that.
Last edited by winphoneuser; 24th August 2014 at 02:17 PM.
25th August 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
I don't think that's possible, not even with JTAG devices. You need someone who already has it installed, and has an interim unlock with file access (Samsung, W1 or JTAG unlocked), they can repack the app. I doubt there's a way to install encrypted apps that aren't available in Store anymore.
26th August 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #13  
Flag Ekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 8

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0mas96

I don't think that's possible, not even with JTAG devices. You need someone who already has it installed, and has an interim unlock with file access (Samsung, W1 or JTAG unlocked), they can repack the app. I doubt there's a way to install encrypted apps that aren't available in Store anymore.

Here is the quote from the PM with one experienced and respectful mate from here
Quote:

Is marketplace XAP decompilation is possible?

It is possible, after a fashion, but not directly. I've decompiled apps before but I'm not just going to post the method on a thread like this one

Unless you have JTAG hardware, it's not possible with a Lumia. I'm still hesitant to tell you the method. It's not that I'm worried that people would discuss it widely - it's not secret in any way, and has been discussed before on the forums - there's just some things I don't want to be associated with.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread