Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

★ |[How-To]| EffortLess Guide | NF4 | | Flashing | | Rooting | | Recovery | 01AUG14 ★

Tip us?

effortless
Old
(Last edited by effortless; Yesterday at 04:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 895

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Murray View Post
Hi all, I'm looking to flash the latest modem, etc onto my N900T. Right now I'm on NB4, Rooted, Phillz Touch CWM and HyperdriveROM.

Do these instructions still apply to my setup? I'd like the update for the LTE connectivity issues, but I'm on AT&T so I cannot take advantage of VoLTE obviously. Also, my status is already 10 so I'm a little confused.

I have a complete set of Nandroid backups and was even thinking of going back to a AOSP ROM anyhow.

Thank you for any help I can get

This applies to any setup as long as it's a N900T. If you already are 0x1 for Knox, it'll stay that way and nothing to worry about. This will reset your phone to stock and then update everything to NF4, root and install TWRP recovery. If you prefer Phillz Touch, find that file and flash it after.

You can also flash any custom ROM you prefer from TWRP (or Phillz Touch if you install that instead) after and benefit from the NF4 update. I highly recommend you don't use your backups after... they're from an older version that is meant to run with an older modem and older bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to effortless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ed Murray
Old
(Last edited by Ed Murray; Yesterday at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless View Post
This applies to any setup as long as it's a N900T. If you already are 0x1 for Knox, it'll stay that way and nothing to worry about. This will reset your phone to stock and then update everything to NF4, root and install TWRP recovery. If you prefer Phillz Touch, find that file and flash it after.

You can also flash any custom ROM you prefer from TWRP (or Phillz Touch if you install that instead) after and benefit from the NF4 update. I highly recommend you don't use your backups after... they're from an older version that is meant to run with and older modem and older bootloader.
Ok great, thanks for the prompt reply. So, no using the old backups. Alright, that works. I'll just have to make some more afterwards, no problem.

Thank you for the great guide to make this easier. I will give it a shot shortly.

EDIT:

This worked flawlessly. I had to reset my system status with triangle away, but once that was done, it was a piece o' cake.
I'm flashing Effortless ROM now and check that out for a while.

So, do I understand correctly that you CAN flash other ROM's that are based on older firmware, since they don't contain bootloader/modem partitions in the zip? In other words, if I wanted to go back to Hyperdrive, I can absolutely just re-flash that, even though it's based on the NB4 firmware?
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

Test Driving - HTC One M8 Stock, soon to be better.

Waiting for - T-Mobile Note 4, unlocked or an LG G3.

Retired - (2) Droid 2 A950, (1) Droid 2 R2D2 A955

Copy.com referral bonus - 15+5gb Cloud Space for both people

ArchangelRenzoku
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless View Post
You still can. However, if you're not on the latest update and not rooted, flashing TWRP recovery through Odin is about 30 secs of extra work (as it's the same steps to root and flash NF4).
Thanks . yeah I ended up just using the method in your guide. I'm on effortless rom now and it runs like a dream.
If what I've said helped or contributed in any way, you don't have to buy me anything... just hit the thanks button.

So glad I jumped Sprint for T-Mo with my new Stock Note III on 4.4.2