Temporarily blown speaker

17th May 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
I just encountered a strange problem. As I was listening to Google Voice Search kindly tell me the weather, the response sounded strange... "crackling" doesn't describe it correctly, but it sounded as if it was coming through a cell phone with bad reception. I then tried to play some music and it had a similar sound.

At first I was worried that after a good 7 months, the speakers on my GN10 had magically blown out.

But I reset the tablet and now it's fine.

Has this happened to anyone? Should I be concerned about it happening again (or more frequently) or shrug it off as a one time bug?

I'm glad to see the warranty is 12 months (and not 6 months as I originally thought), because I wonder if this is worth sending in to Samsung for repair.
17th May 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

148 posts
It's not hardware it's a software issue since 4.4.2.
17th May 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
More
Yes, it is an issue since 4.4.2 and you don't need to reset to fix it. Just put the Note to sleep using the power button, wait 5 or 10 seconds and then unlock again. Make sure you wait the 5 or 10 seconds since it doesn't seem to work if you lock/unlock immediately. If it doesn't work the first time, try a few more times. It works for me and it beats rebooting.
26th August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
I have the P605 version of tab. I've already ticked and unticked the mono/streo in accessibility but my output for built in speaker is still mono. Only the left speaker is functioning and the right isnt. For the headset, both produces sounds. I cant remember I installed something that have caused this.

Is this related to the 4.4.2 version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread