Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Car install discussion thread

Tip us?

NebraskaJ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth option?

I've got Timur's 2013 kernel and I'm loving it so far. I REALLY would like the tablet to function as a Bluetooth headset, but I can't find anything that's been developed as of yet to make this happen. Does anyone know of any software development in this direction? From what I understand, it'll involve adapting the Bluetooth stack in Android to allow it.

I've seen plenty of posts where people say they'd donate to a cause like this; has anyone put any thought into a Kickstarter campaign or the like?

dmcgrath009
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You can use tablet talk to accomplish similar functionality

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Girl you look good when you back that nand up

piattsc13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Are you using the headphone out? The dac is crap and is picking up efi from everything else.

I have to use usb filter from hifimediy to usb dac to stereo and it sounds amazing now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I bought the same filter you used, but have a different DAC. Unfortunately, when I plug in the DAC it looks for a signal and settles on 96k as opposed to 441k that actually plays sound. Did you have this problem?

flyboy1100
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by piattsc13 View Post
I bought the same filter you used, but have a different DAC. Unfortunately, when I plug in the DAC it looks for a signal and settles on 96k as opposed to 441k that actually plays sound. Did you have this problem?
No, everything I listen to is 16bit. Either 96khz WMA Pandora or 320 mp3.

I think you are confusing bit rate and sample rate unless you are listening to super high quality audio ( in a noisy car, why?) Or you have something setup wrong or it is defective. Did you try to contact HiFimeDIY?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jachin99!@
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaJ View Post
I've got Timur's 2013 kernel and I'm loving it so far. I REALLY would like the tablet to function as a Bluetooth headset, but I can't find anything that's been developed as of yet to make this happen. Does anyone know of any software development in this direction? From what I understand, it'll involve adapting the Bluetooth stack in Android to allow it.

I've seen plenty of posts where people say they'd donate to a cause like this; has anyone put any thought into a Kickstarter campaign or the like?
If you have an android phone, you could possibly try droidmote app. This is what i use. I had an extra phone laying around, and I use my primary phone as a hotspot so i connect the tablet to the phone via wifi and the extra phone to the hotspot via wifi. I use it for simple voice commands, and it has a mouse function, media keys function as well as some gamepads and a few other things. Works good for me when it works right, i just have to find time to work all of the bugs out, like auto connect, and possible interference with other apps.

yeklog
Old
(Last edited by yeklog; 26th August 2014 at 03:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Navbar key

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCharny View Post
One of the most important things for me is easy media controls while driving. It is a must for safety reasons. Generally I want to be able to change the volume, pause, and skip to the next song. I installed an inline RCA volume knob to handle the volume, but the playback controls are not so easy. Ideally I want to be able to use the controls while in another app, for example Google Nav. Timur's old kernel had these buttons on the navigation bar, but they aren't on the new 4.4.x version. I thought the xposed framework might offer a solution, but I can't get it to work with Timur's kernel - the USB DAC hotplug functionality is lost. Has anyone been able to make it work? Any other solutions out there?
Hi, with aokp rom you can add shortcut like tasker task to the navbar(see below), that's how I added volume and media keys, you can give a try

http://imageshack.com/a/img674/7093/H90pl1.png

papinist
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Finally someone was able to do it! AutoDroid (SlimRom based) has media and volume button on the navbar, up to 10 buttons:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789993

It's time to move forward from usb rom..

fred_spitfire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by papinist View Post
Finally someone was able to do it! AutoDroid (SlimRom based) has media and volume button on the navbar, up to 10 buttons:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789993

It's time to move forward from usb rom..
Is it available for nexus 7 2013?

papinist
Old
Thanks Meter 10
no, only for N7 2012.