Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Safe Strap i467 semi-working

OP lp894

11th May 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

185 posts
So, I was looking for safestrap for the note 8(att version) when I came across this:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Considering the note 2 and Note 8 have very similar hardware, I decided to give it a try. It works....kinda. It boots up in landscape mode so you can't see all of the buttons. And the touchscreen is offset. the touchscreen works as if you're looking at it in portrait mode but the display is actually in landscape mode.

I figure this is more progress than anyone else has made. I just know nothing about development and have no idea of where to even start. So if someone wants to take a look at it....be my guest.

By the way, to boot into safestrap, when you see the safestrap logo you have to press the menu button
12th May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

185 posts
i wouldn't THINK it'd be that difficult to rotate an app from landscape to portrait but maybe it is?
14th May 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag syracuse ny
Thanks Meter: 121

432 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp894

So, I was looking for safestrap for the note 8(att version) when I came across this:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Considering the note 2 and Note 8 have very similar hardware, I decided to give it a try. It works....kinda. It boots up in landscape mode so you can't see all of the buttons. And the touchscreen is offset. the touchscreen works as if you're looking at it in portrait mode but the display is actually in landscape mode.

I figure this is more progress than anyone else has made. I just know nothing about development and have no idea of where to even start. So if someone wants to take a look at it....be my guest.

By the way, to boot into safestrap, when you see the safestrap logo you have to press the menu button

safe strap is for phones with a locked bootloader our bootloader ins't locked we have very little use for it. What do ypou want to use it for??
14th May 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ltazar

safe strap is for phones with a locked bootloader our bootloader ins't locked we have very little use for it. What do ypou want to use it for??

The boot loader is locked that's the reason you can load cwm on it
14th May 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 80

390 posts
Quote:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Sounds like the issue is with the build.prop file. You must edit the file so that ro.sf.hwrotation is set at 270 and ro.sf.lcd_density is set between 180 and 210. Once done everything should look and work fine.

Let me know how it works out for you, and what ROM you are going to load. Just wondering as I may opt to run it on my ATT Note 8.0 some time. Just I have done enough to be happy with it at this time, and don't want to be a guinea pig.
Last edited by gooberdude; 14th May 2014 at 04:21 PM.
18th May 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag washington
Thanks Meter: 76

256 posts
More
Quote:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Are u using the Verizon version of safestrap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
19th May 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #7  
Flag in the streets racing
Thanks Meter: 107

1,345 posts
Sounds good. I wonder if any roms are capable with safe strap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using xda app-developers app
19th May 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn91

Are u using the Verizon version of safestrap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Yep. However I traded my i467 for the WiFi version so I don't have it anymore
18th August 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #9  
Flag Wadesville
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I tried
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude

Sounds like the issue is with the build.prop file. You must edit the file so that ro.sf.hwrotation is set at 270 and ro.sf.lcd_density is set between 180 and 210. Once done everything should look and work fine.

Let me know how it works out for you, and what ROM you are going to load. Just wondering as I may opt to run it on my ATT Note 8.0 some time. Just I have done enough to be happy with it at this time, and don't want to be a guinea pig.

I tried the above suggestion regarding editing the build.prop on my sgh-i467 to get safestrap to display properly, but I didn't have any luck...Unfortunately, now touchwiz crashes every time that I turn the device back on...
26th August 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 80

390 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrady5

I tried the above suggestion regarding editing the build.prop on my sgh-i467 to get safestrap to display properly, but I didn't have any luck...Unfortunately, now touchwiz crashes every time that I turn the device back on...

I have tested with screen density issues with Touchwiz, Android system, and UI within App Settings for Xposed.

Have seen Touchwiz crash with any density setting of 220 and beyond... I think along with the build.prop you will need to adjust DPI. I have kept mine at 213 as it looks best and does not have issues with apps and OS.

Again the build.prop should have settings for both Touchwiz and system DPI. just not familiar enough with what you are doing to say that can be done with or without using xposed framework and app settings.

Obviously Safestrap is not that tweakable to use on tablets, as phones have different layouts an density.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread