Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safe Strap i467 semi-working

Tip us?

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Safe Strap i467 semi-working

So, I was looking for safestrap for the note 8(att version) when I came across this:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Considering the note 2 and Note 8 have very similar hardware, I decided to give it a try. It works....kinda. It boots up in landscape mode so you can't see all of the buttons. And the touchscreen is offset. the touchscreen works as if you're looking at it in portrait mode but the display is actually in landscape mode.

I figure this is more progress than anyone else has made. I just know nothing about development and have no idea of where to even start. So if someone wants to take a look at it....be my guest.

By the way, to boot into safestrap, when you see the safestrap logo you have to press the menu button

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
i wouldn't THINK it'd be that difficult to rotate an app from landscape to portrait but maybe it is?

b3ltazar
Old
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp894 View Post
So, I was looking for safestrap for the note 8(att version) when I came across this:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Considering the note 2 and Note 8 have very similar hardware, I decided to give it a try. It works....kinda. It boots up in landscape mode so you can't see all of the buttons. And the touchscreen is offset. the touchscreen works as if you're looking at it in portrait mode but the display is actually in landscape mode.

I figure this is more progress than anyone else has made. I just know nothing about development and have no idea of where to even start. So if someone wants to take a look at it....be my guest.

By the way, to boot into safestrap, when you see the safestrap logo you have to press the menu button
safe strap is for phones with a locked bootloader our bootloader ins't locked we have very little use for it. What do ypou want to use it for??

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ltazar View Post
safe strap is for phones with a locked bootloader our bootloader ins't locked we have very little use for it. What do ypou want to use it for??
The boot loader is locked that's the reason you can load cwm on it

gooberdude
Old
(Last edited by gooberdude; 14th May 2014 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Sounds like the issue is with the build.prop file. You must edit the file so that ro.sf.hwrotation is set at 270 and ro.sf.lcd_density is set between 180 and 210. Once done everything should look and work fine.

Let me know how it works out for you, and what ROM you are going to load. Just wondering as I may opt to run it on my ATT Note 8.0 some time. Just I have done enough to be happy with it at this time, and don't want to be a guinea pig.

chrisn91
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Are u using the Verizon version of safestrap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
Sent from my Rooted Note 3
Past phones:
Original iphone
Iphone 3gs
Iphone 4
Iphone 4s
Sony xperia x10
Motorola atrix 2
Sgs3
Sgn2
Sgs4

warriorpluto
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Sounds good. I wonder if any roms are capable with safe strap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using xda app-developers app
my feedback
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8-warriorpluto

Originally Posted by xxnitro123
yee ill take screenshots... when i take a pic of the screen it doenst show in the picture because the color interferes with the light

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn91 View Post
Are u using the Verizon version of safestrap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
Yep. However I traded my i467 for the WiFi version so I don't have it anymore

pbrady5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
Sounds like the issue is with the build.prop file. You must edit the file so that ro.sf.hwrotation is set at 270 and ro.sf.lcd_density is set between 180 and 210. Once done everything should look and work fine.

Let me know how it works out for you, and what ROM you are going to load. Just wondering as I may opt to run it on my ATT Note 8.0 some time. Just I have done enough to be happy with it at this time, and don't want to be a guinea pig.
I tried the above suggestion regarding editing the build.prop on my sgh-i467 to get safestrap to display properly, but I didn't have any luck...Unfortunately, now touchwiz crashes every time that I turn the device back on...

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrady5 View Post
I tried the above suggestion regarding editing the build.prop on my sgh-i467 to get safestrap to display properly, but I didn't have any luck...Unfortunately, now touchwiz crashes every time that I turn the device back on...
I have tested with screen density issues with Touchwiz, Android system, and UI within App Settings for Xposed.

Have seen Touchwiz crash with any density setting of 220 and beyond... I think along with the build.prop you will need to adjust DPI. I have kept mine at 213 as it looks best and does not have issues with apps and OS.

Again the build.prop should have settings for both Touchwiz and system DPI. just not familiar enough with what you are doing to say that can be done with or without using xposed framework and app settings.

Obviously Safestrap is not that tweakable to use on tablets, as phones have different layouts an density.
GT-N5110 - Saferooted Stock 4.2.2
OTA - Kies Enabled
Xposed Framework
Wanam Xposed
Download to SD Xposed
633x 64GB SD
Multi User @ 4 / WIFI JP 14 / DPI @ 213 in build.prop
360 Security
Greenify & Experimental Features
Play Music frozen & Gallery thumbnail caching disabled
8+ hrs run time
12% per hr Netflix streaming with Miracast