Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VIDEOS] How to Root, S off, & TWRP Recovery on the HTC ONE M8 & more to come

Tip us?

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo View Post
Yup I just discovered that like an hour after I posted. Installing TWRP did it for me.
Did you feel that? When you gained soff the universe was made right and all is well. : )
The Following User Says Thank You to thunderbls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabres032
Old
(Last edited by sabres032; 2nd August 2014 at 01:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo View Post
I just got my M8 last week, and I was able to permanent root with Weaksauce, and S-off using Firewater. No HTCdev, bootloader unlocking, or any of that.
May I ask what Version KitKat and software version you are on? I just picked up an M8 on Wednesday and out of the box I was on 4.4.2 software version 1.55.605.2. I haven't had enough time to properly search or read through the M8 forms to see if I can unlock with weaksauce/firewater or purchase the sunshine licence. It's been uber busy at work recently and by the time I get home I just want to go to bed I'm so tired.

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres032 View Post
May I ask what Version KitKat and software version you are on? I just picked up an M8 on Wednesday and out of the box I was on 4.4.2 software version 1.55.605.2. I haven't had enough time to properly search or read through the M8 forms to see if I can unlock with weaksauce/firewater or purchase the sunshine licence. It's been uber busy at work recently and by the time I get home I just want to go to bed I'm so tired.
You can root with Weaksauce.
Give firewater a try - it's hit and miss. According to jcase it depends on what hardware components your phone came with. If firewater doesn't work, buy Sunshine. It works on all M8 variants.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabres032
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
You can root with Weaksauce.
Give firewater a try - it's hit and miss. According to jcase it depends on what hardware components your phone came with. If firewater doesn't work, buy Sunshine. It works on all M8 variants.
Well I was able to gain root with WeakSauce with no issues but Firewater failed on the first try. Message came up that it failed and no matter how many times I attempt it will not work. Looks like it s-off with Sunshine. No biggie, $25.00 is a small price to pay for the s-off goodness and I have a $30.00 gift/credit card in my hand. SCORE!!!!!

Roefastford
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls View Post
Did you feel that? When you gained soff the universe was made right and all is well. : )
I give you an AMEN on that brother lol.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres032 View Post
Well I was able to gain root with WeakSauce with no issues but Firewater failed on the first try. Message came up that it failed and no matter how many times I attempt it will not work. Looks like it s-off with Sunshine. No biggie, $25.00 is a small price to pay for the s-off goodness and I have a $30.00 gift/credit card in my hand. SCORE!!!!!
Check out the 2 other posts many get firewater to work using superuser with weaksauce app instead of supersu. Check out the two other posts below first is the main one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787587

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...gging-t2821691

sabres032
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Gained S-Off with Sunshine already.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabres032 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tomsgt
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,571

DONATE TO ME
Added a video to the OP Liquid Smooth rom install and review. this beast is awesome and super fast