[VIDEOS] How to Root, S off, & TWRP Recovery on the HTC ONE M8 & more to come

OP Tomsgt

30th July 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 93

265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo

Yup I just discovered that like an hour after I posted. Installing TWRP did it for me.

Did you feel that? When you gained soff the universe was made right and all is well. : )
The Following User Says Thank You to thunderbls For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #72  
Flag Kendall
Thanks Meter: 123

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo

I just got my M8 last week, and I was able to permanent root with Weaksauce, and S-off using Firewater. No HTCdev, bootloader unlocking, or any of that.

May I ask what Version KitKat and software version you are on? I just picked up an M8 on Wednesday and out of the box I was on 4.4.2 software version 1.55.605.2. I haven't had enough time to properly search or read through the M8 forms to see if I can unlock with weaksauce/firewater or purchase the sunshine licence. It's been uber busy at work recently and by the time I get home I just want to go to bed I'm so tired.
Last edited by sabres032; 2nd August 2014 at 01:42 AM.
2nd August 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #73  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 932

2,841 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres032

May I ask what Version KitKat and software version you are on? I just picked up an M8 on Wednesday and out of the box I was on 4.4.2 software version 1.55.605.2. I haven't had enough time to properly search or read through the M8 forms to see if I can unlock with weaksauce/firewater or purchase the sunshine licence. It's been uber busy at work recently and by the time I get home I just want to go to bed I'm so tired.

You can root with Weaksauce.
Give firewater a try - it's hit and miss. According to jcase it depends on what hardware components your phone came with. If firewater doesn't work, buy Sunshine. It works on all M8 variants.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #74  
Flag Kendall

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

You can root with Weaksauce.
Give firewater a try - it's hit and miss. According to jcase it depends on what hardware components your phone came with. If firewater doesn't work, buy Sunshine. It works on all M8 variants.

Well I was able to gain root with WeakSauce with no issues but Firewater failed on the first try. Message came up that it failed and no matter how many times I attempt it will not work. Looks like it s-off with Sunshine. No biggie, $25.00 is a small price to pay for the s-off goodness and I have a $30.00 gift/credit card in my hand. SCORE!!!!!
4th August 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 35

470 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls

Did you feel that? When you gained soff the universe was made right and all is well. : )

I give you an AMEN on that brother lol.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres032

Well I was able to gain root with WeakSauce with no issues but Firewater failed on the first try. Message came up that it failed and no matter how many times I attempt it will not work. Looks like it s-off with Sunshine. No biggie, $25.00 is a small price to pay for the s-off goodness and I have a $30.00 gift/credit card in my hand. SCORE!!!!!

Check out the 2 other posts many get firewater to work using superuser with weaksauce app instead of supersu. Check out the two other posts below first is the main one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787587

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...gging-t2821691
4th August 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #76  
Flag Kendall

348 posts
More
Gained S-Off with Sunshine already.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabres032 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #77  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag IL.
Thanks Meter: 1,667

1,938 posts
Donate to Me
More
Added a video to the OP Liquid Smooth rom install and review. this beast is awesome and super fast

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread