[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Search This thread

RK KINGKONG

May 26, 2011
Paterson,N.J
thats what i get trying to flash this

<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_1937946_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> ALL_I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_1937946_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/008> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/008> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/008> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/008> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/008> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/008> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/008> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/008> Removed!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Added!!
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
ALL_I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_1937946_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
ALL_I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_1937946_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Set PIT file..
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
SingleDownload.
sbl1.mbn
NAND Write Start!!
sbl2.mbn
sbl3.mbn
rpm.mbn
aboot.mbn
FAIL! (Auth)

Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Removed!!
Added!!
Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Set PIT file..
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
SingleDownload.
sbl1.mbn
NAND Write Start!!
sbl2.mbn
sbl3.mbn
rpm.mbn
aboot.mbn
FAIL! (Auth)

Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The file you flashed is from MK2, the file you would get from the download in the OP should be NC5.

Reactions: RK KINGKONG

riker147

Jul 11, 2011

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Removed!!
You are trying to flash a MK2 tar file. You need to flash an NC5 tar file.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

RK KINGKONG

May 26, 2011
Paterson,N.J
NC5 tar

@Surge1223 @wtfchuck @riker147

the file in the OP is the same exact file i just flashed prior that fails apon flash . with or without partition checked

thats why i said i been flashing files since 4 pm yesterday , i havent found the right one yet

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 134

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro

@Surge1223 @wtfchuck @riker147

the file in the OP is the same exact file i just flashed prior that fails apon flash . with or without partition checked

thats why i said i been flashing files since 4 pm yesterday , i havent found the right one yet

I can assure you the full wipe file found in this OP that leads to this url --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407590042 does not lead to the VRUEMK2 file that you have shown in your pic. I know this because, SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip has the year 2014 indicated in its file name, whereas the counterpart VRUEMK2 file of the same type has 2013 in its file name. So I have no idea how you continue ending up flashing the wrong file.

sinner822

I can assure you the full wipe file found in this OP that leads to this url --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407590042 does not lead to the VRUEMK2 file that you have shown in your pic. I know this because, SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip has the year 2014 indicated in its file name, whereas the counterpart VRUEMK2 file of the same type has 2013 in its file name. So I have no idea how you continue ending up flashing the wrong file.

I Q

RK KINGKONG

May 26, 2011
Paterson,N.J
I like to tell people it's in the 180-200 range but truthfully it's probably closer to average.

yo are correct my friend , i noticed i still had some old stuff lurking and the similar file that was wrong blended right in ..

the files inside look the same but the date of the zip is different , but i thank you , i have the correct file now and im on it ..

thank you for being kind .. i see the IQ,etc comments rolling in so ill be off here brother .. it seems to be going through now ...

ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
i had 2 of the same files but different dates .

THANKS ALOT & Blessings to the Family

RK KINGKONG

May 26, 2011
Paterson,N.J
WiFi is Back Like New

after messing around with alot of files this one got me where i wanted to be back at stock ... new start
i couldnt tell the difference in the files until that date smacked me ... i had multiple files ...

works great thank you

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 265
J

Jimmy Rudedog

edited

I posted this in the question section, but need to know if the pit file will bring back my missing stock recovery on my vzw S4? will the full wipe version fix it or can I just flash the pit file in odin?

update... it does bring back the stock recovery. But, having wi-fi issues now after installing safestrap and attempting to uninstall it. any ideas to fix wi-fi and to delete completely SS?

Last edited:
J

Jimmy Rudedog

I posted this in the question section, but need to know if the pit file will bring back my missing stock recovery on my vzw S4? will the full wipe version fix it or can I just flash the pit file in odin?

update... it does bring back the stock recovery. But, having wi-fi issues now after installing safestrap and attempting to uninstall it. any ideas to fix wi-fi and to delete completely SS?
ok. i flashed the no wipe again and it cleared up both my issues. safestrap is gone, and wifi is running again.

J

Jimmy Rudedog

I m starting to have WiFi issues after I did the full wipe. i did this cuz it was having problems on the no wipe. after initial setup and updates the WiFi was working, but after a reboot it stops working and/or refuses to turn on. the switch shows it set to on, but no WiFi. after a short time, it will light up the switch and go off.
Surge, do you or anyone have a fix for this? or, is there a flash for the Wifi that will correct this? link me to it if there is such a thing available.

aleggsue

Jan 20, 2014
Chesapake
I've needed the NC5 full wipe, and the version I'm downloading from here always results with a "MD5 error, binary is invalid" I've tried downloading 4 times, and I've gotten the same error each time. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Edit: I tried using the same file using the default name (from the download) and it worked fine. I guess custom filenames don't work in Odin?

Last edited:
J

Jimmy Rudedog

I've needed the NC5 full wipe, and the version I'm downloading from here always results with a "MD5 error, binary is invalid" I've tried downloading 4 times, and I've gotten the same error each time. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Edit: I tried using the same file using the default name (from the download) and it worked fine. I guess custom filenames don't work in Odin?
I used the torrent link posted in this thread and it works every time using Odin 3.09.3. and my wifi issue was or appears to be the way busybox installed smart install. it breaks the wifi symlink in that mode, use normal install.

I'll look for the link in the posts and put in here.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I used the torrent link posted in this thread and it works every time using Odin 3.09.3. and my wifi issue was or appears to be the way busybox installed smart install. it breaks the wifi symlink in that mode, use normal install.

I'll look for the link in the posts and put in here.
that link isn't working... keep trying to download it. I may be able to send it to you via Skype, but it may take a long time that way. keep trying the original link Surge posted. you may have gotten a bad download. and I need to correct myself. Now that I think back, I did get it from the androifilehost link and it works

Moebius01

Jul 4, 2008
I was debating on posting this in the general Q&A, but decided to start here. I flashed this rom (no-wipe version) last week, and everything seems to be pretty normal with one exception, namely battery life away from home. If I'm home (i,e, on my wifi) things seem fine, battery life is about the same as it has always been. However, when I head out, I seem to drain at 5-10% per hour, even with zero-minimal use. I thought at first it was data usage, but I'm not seeing any abnormal apps or any extensive data draws. Maybe something with signal strength? I haven't tried a wakelock detector yet, but Better Battery Stats doesn't show anything out of place from what I can tell either. At this point I'm a bit stumped. Anyone got an idea of what direction I should be checking for what's causing the drain?

Narc0lept1cN1nja

Apr 12, 2011
I was debating on posting this in the general Q&A, but decided to start here. I flashed this rom (no-wipe version) last week, and everything seems to be pretty normal with one exception, namely battery life away from home. If I'm home (i,e, on my wifi) things seem fine, battery life is about the same as it has always been. However, when I head out, I seem to drain at 5-10% per hour, even with zero-minimal use. I thought at first it was data usage, but I'm not seeing any abnormal apps or any extensive data draws. Maybe something with signal strength? I haven't tried a wakelock detector yet, but Better Battery Stats doesn't show anything out of place from what I can tell either. At this point I'm a bit stumped. Anyone got an idea of what direction I should be checking for what's causing the drain?

That probably depends on the ROM. Some prefer performance over battery life. Have you gone through a few cycles yet? Worth shutting the phone off and charging it overnight. That should make sure the ROM has a total fresh start.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

J

Jimmy Rudedog

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it seems ok like you said at home. I have found that wake locks and notifications that wake your phone are a part of the situation. I also have seen that the wifi will keep searching for a network to connect with and continues scanning unless you turn it off completely. GPS and Navigation are huge battery eaters, and anything that wants to keep the screen on or turn it on a lot. I've been trying the wake lock app, xposed modules notify clean, and gravity box to calm down the wake and notifications from email and everything else I don't want to pop up.
From looking at the wake lock detector, I see that Google Search a/k/a Google Now Launcher has 26 wakes in 3 hours,.. haven't touched the phone for 3 hours. . . and maps also has a few and I'm not using maps at home now. So, there may be someplace to start. hope it helps some.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

This is a new update for SCH-1545 taking users to VRUFNC5. This is the stock factory image. Also, If you need to go back to stock for whatever reason and this Odin tar doesn't work I suggest using the VRUFNC2 factory image from sextape instead.

For the sake of simplicity, I've also included a mirror to the MJ7 and MK2 "emergency" Full-wipe Odin tars as well MJ7 Full-Wipe and MK2 Full-Wipe

@Tomsgt made a great video of the process that can be viewed here

Information:

1. ROOT METHOD can be found here

2. Otherwise, Download Odin 3.09 here (Note: Bootloader = BL , PDA = AP , Phone = CP)

Download: VRUFNC5 No-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_yni63xq6zh.zip
    MD5: 71d1c7ea58d2ba81ccadd965b54a2215

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip
    MD5: 8a22dd4a47c2c5f890227fd952657d38

Directions:

No-Wipe

1. Unzip the file and you should have a tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Click start and wait for it to say Pass!

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)

1. Unzip the file and you should have a ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Extract the PIT file from your phone or Odin tar, also I've uploaded it here just in case.
    4. Put the PIT file in PIT and load the the Odin tar.md5 in PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) then click start.
    To all:

I get a lot of messages about no-wipe resulting in error messages when downgrading from NG6 to NC5. This is to be expected, you can't expect everything to just work out great when downgrading from a newer version to older, and you guys should be using full wipe anyways to get rid of data errors. If keeping your data is that important to you, then I suggest backing up to your pc first.

P.S. Be thankful you can even downgrade in the first place
    great news! can you fix the link for NC5 no wipe? thank you!

Thanks for posting these...but the no wipe NC5 link isn't working for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Fixed

I like to tell people it's in the 180-200 range but truthfully it's probably closer to average.
    @Surge1223 I'm going to ask to be 100% certain, but I'm on rooted stock MK2..... The no-wipe will allow me to retain root, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

U will lose root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app