Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IKWEAR IK8 MTK6577 Smart Phone Watch 1.54 Inch Android 4.0

Tip us?

crodgers79
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thumbs up Finally fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodgers79 View Post
Thanks!!! I installed Slidy but I'm now finding that if I touch any key that appears in the lower left corner I get a "Unfortunately Google Framework Services has stopped" error and the app crashes. Any ideas???

Thanks again!!!

Chris R.
Thanks again for the patched version of Slidy that was a BIG help!!! What I finally did was I found a web-site that had all the Android 4.X apks for the Google apps and services. I copied each apk to the Download folder and then one-by-one executed them, now, some wouldn't install but most did. I think the Google Framework was corrupt because once I installed all new Google apks and rebooted the problem disappeared. That's actually a good thing because the retailer I bought it from "Electrofame" never responded to my request for an RMA, nice huh?

Anyway, alls well that ends well..thanks again to all of you guys for your kind and positive responses! My only wish now is that we could get a higher density battery for this thing since it really doesn't last that long..

Thanks again!

Chris R.
Chris R.
Rooted Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Dual Recovery
Unlocked Bootloader
[ROM] Android 4.4.4
[Carrier] T-Mobile
[Screen Protector]: iLLumiShield (highly recommended)

DrLex
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by crodgers79 View Post
Anyway, alls well that ends well..thanks again to all of you guys for your kind and positive responses! My only wish now is that we could get a higher density battery for this thing since it really doesn't last that long..

Thanks again!
Is your battery 500mAh or 700mAh? I wonder because the one I received had 700mAh which is decent, but there are reports of these things also being sold with 500mAh. I haven't yet found any sales for these batteries though. Unfortunately the battery shell is incompatible with the ones for the ZGPAX S5 although the Li-Ion pack is identical.

crodgers79
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thumbs up Good launcher

I just wanted to pass this tid-bit along: I tried several different launchers on this watch and many of them would install, then crash. I got CLauncher up and running but it had trouble figuring out icon layout on this small screen so it had lots of overlapping icons; then I read a review on this launcher called EverythingMe and it not only works, and works well, but is really cool in how it organizes your apps and creates suggestions for new ones. EverythingMe is available on the PlayStore. Highly recommended.

Regards to all,

Chris R.
Chris R.
Rooted Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Dual Recovery
Unlocked Bootloader
[ROM] Android 4.4.4
[Carrier] T-Mobile
[Screen Protector]: iLLumiShield (highly recommended)

weakCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys,

I am interested in buying these watches. But i have some questions for someone who have them.

1. How long last battery in standby mode?
2. In specifications on websites is height of watches 14mm. Is it with battery or without?
3. Is wristband changeable with another?
4. Is display readable in direct sunlight?

Thanks for reply.

DrLex
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by weakCZ View Post
Hi guys,

I am interested in buying these watches. But i have some questions for someone who have them.

1. How long last battery in standby mode?
2. In specifications on websites is height of watches 14mm. Is it with battery or without?
3. Is wristband changeable with another?
4. Is display readable in direct sunlight?
First of all, the IK8 is sold with two battery sizes: 500mAh and 700mAh. Spec lists tend to be unreliable, therefore you should ask the seller for confirmation if you want to be sure of what you'll get. If you are going to use this for anything more than just check the time, I would recommend the 700mAh battery.

1. Depends on the battery of course. With the 700mAh you can get through 3 days of very light usage. If you enable airplane mode and only enable wifi etc. when needed, you can probably get more.
2. 14mm would be total thickness with a 500mAh battery. With a 700mAh battery it is 16.75mm. This may seem thick, but it is OK due to the rounded shape.
3. Even though there are no antennas or other electronics in the band, it is a custom design that cannot be replaced with standard straps.
4. With some effort, yes, but it is not ideal.

You can check my review for more details.

weakCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for answering my questions. They were helpful.

dcrisis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Digitizer went wrong, can't figure out a fix.

Hi Guys,

Glad to see all of the discussion on the IK08 here. Has anyone successfully swapped the ROM in it? What did you use and how did you do it? Is it close enough to the ZGPAX that it can take those roms or are there customs for the IK08?

I used mine stock with the Apex Launcher for a while and was happy, but now the digitizer is out of calibration and there doesn't seem to be a way to recalibrate it. The bottom half of the screen isn't lining up correctly, so I'm even having trouble doing a factory reset from the settings?

Any suggestions?

DC