Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][Thinktank]Porting 4K & Timeshift video from Z2 to other Xperia devices

Tip us?

olokos
Old
(Last edited by olokos; 20th August 2014 at 02:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregou View Post
+1 !

I'm thinking of buying the Z Ultra, any update about porting 4K and Timeshift video recording ?

That will be so damn great !! This phone deserves it !

But great job to all the devs anyway !
Actually noone is working on this now. I think that it's mostly by people like you that clutter this thread with non-development stuff. In the first post of this thread you see me repeatedly asking people not to post anything that's not helpful in here. I created a separate thread for non dev discussion. Now if I'd like to get back to development then I'd have to go many pages back instead of just opening this thread and see what have other tried and where we have stopped with development. This stuff doesn't make things fun to do and most of us are doing this for fun. I even reported offtopic posts here repeatedly. I MEAN LIKE EIGHT-8 TIMES! Eventually I just gave up and since this thread is cluttered, people are unable to read and post useless stuff for development then in the end it's not fun to do this anymore and makes it harder than it already is. If @lagalaga, @Riyal or @showlyshah will get back to it or remind me where have we left off and people would actually stop cluttering this thread then I'll probably try to do this.
At this point? Not a chance.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carvajaljn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
this mode found videoTimeShift on galaxy s5 ?
Best Rom

Pandemic
Old
Thanks Meter 11,283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvajaljn View Post
No !
This is a Sony Cross Device Development Forum
So please dont ask stuff like this for Samsung because it aint work ^^

Send from my XZ With My Own Personal Modified MoonWalker SuperB !

.. The True Source Of Knowledge Is Experience ..
... My Projects & Work ...

... Latest ...
>> [XZ]MoonWalker SuperB V3 <<
>> [XZL]MoonWalker SuperB V2 <<
-----------------------
||> All My Work <||

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandemic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Another stupid question just after I said why we stopped...

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

carvajaljn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
Another stupid question just after I said why we stopped...
Jajajaja you create spam whit your answer,

Whit the first answer I understand

I browse port these camera for s5 and I find this post

My English is not good and I don't understand when the people use words technicals ( engineers, etc etc)

I try this port for my Z1 tnks

"Stupid questions do not exist

Exist stupid People who answer"
Best Rom

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1,192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Jajajaja you create spam whit your answer,

Whit the first answer I understand

I browse port these camera for s5 and I find this post

My English is not good and I don't understand when the people use words technicals ( engineers, etc etc)

I try this port for my Z1 tnks

"Stupid questions do not exist

Exist stupid People who answer"
Read post #511, you posted this right under mine. There's not much technical language in that post.
You can also read the FAQ in one of the first posts. It clearly reads "Z1 Z1c and nothing else a this point"

Back to the topic.
I found out that serajr superuser mod as xposed module is actually what causes the camera to work much slower and start up much longer. This makes sense as it's signature is accepted in the runtime, not the legit way.

If you want your camera to work and start up much faster then install superuser mod in a form of a zip and disable sejars module.
Here's such superuser mod for .108 fw with a lot of confirmation from users that the camera indeed works faster.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2858356

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Riyal
Old
(Last edited by Riyal; 27th August 2014 at 07:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,658

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys! To answer your questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Sad truth Xperia Z and Z Ultra won't really have any 4k support.

For Xperia Z the issue is the processor which is snapdragon s4 pro that doesn't really support 4k.

And For Xperia Z Ultra although the processor support 4k the camera can't. 4k video is literally 8megapixels of resolution and Z Ultra's camera is also 8mp. The problem is... Xperia Z Ultra's camera max resolution is 3264 x 2448 and the 4k video that snapdragon processors support is only @ 3840x2160

As you can see there... The width of the camera just won't work. The sensor should be a little bit more wider in order for 4k to work.

With regards to the crashes when selecting repeatedly the camera shortcut add on of 4k and timeshift video it's just a cosmetic bug that happened when I moved the shortcuts from the homescreen to the camera add on tray. I haven't completely read the documentation of adding camera add ons on the sony sdk hence I think it wasn't properly implemented. Regardless I don't think that bug is worth looking at. Anyways why would you even reselect 4k or timeshift video when it is already selected?

With regards to the person who wanted to remove the 4k option just decompile the apk open androidmanifest.xml(or upload it here so I could point you on what codes you should remove) and remove the part there about the 4k shortcut and recompile. Don't have the development tools right now as I just reformatted my PC and I'm to busy with my new dog right now

Also with regards to update we're pretty much stuck at the moment. As I've said previously the video stabilization and some other issues you're experiencing is due to outdate Z2 camera libs that we are using at the moment. Z1 and Z1 Compact has a more recent version of the camera driver and it has some incompatibilities with the current libs we are using hence we don't have any choice other than wait for Z2 4.4 update so we could get the more updated camera libs to match with out current device' firmware.

I could literally fix the issues but it's more of downgrading the current Z1 series camera drivers back to 4.3 and match it against the Z2 drivers and these have the cons of

1. Downgraded camera driver
2. Requires an unlocked bootloader
3. Requires a custom kernel

Which would limit the usability of the mod to those willing to unlock their bootloader and flash a custom kernel.

I don't really have any other choices though since we only have the kernel source codes to modify and not the camera libs because sources aren't available.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Riyal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]