Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

AeonXS

Sep 30, 2013
The new update is consuming way too much battery for video playback. Yesterday i lost 12% for just 30mins of playback. When i first bought the phone i used to lose just 7% for a hour of playback back then it was running on 4.3 but now with kitkat prior to the two new updates i was losing 10% for 50mins so samsung is really messing something up bigtime to make us upgrade to a newer phone.

rajat_delhi

Dec 11, 2012
Dr. Ketan's custom rom is the best custom rom for SM-N900. Awesome battery backup. Flawless performance.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

akshayadv

Nov 21, 2010
Ok. Where can i download and install Dr. Ketans rom.
What are the pros and cons.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

teisoN3

Dec 7, 2013
flashing

No SW is 100% theft Proof bcoz once you reflash ROM, no security will work. But still system app is best option. there are many feature rich app available on Play store but I find Cerberus nice. Also you can get multi license (I think 3 device on 1 purchase)
Not Only SMS but also it sends email if device get connected to wifi. Also any single attemp to change SIM card, you will get notified on predefined number. Also you can track on Map. You can grab Call log/SMS on device, you can wipe device remotely. You can send any Flash msg on device and clearing that msg device capture picture and you will get picture on your email and much more.
Really it's very easy to find device by IMEI but you know our Police are simply great !

I did flash the K12 with Odin, it went well but without baseband and EMEI, found out only when am ask to insert SIM:((bsnl already inserted).
After 9 days of browising xda developers try to fix internet/wifi connection with modem.img,BL..etc:confused:. out of fustration i cut out new Airtel SIM and inserted then it connects:) but the wifi does'nt scan for spots when i know there are 7-8 spots available nearby. what i mean is after flashing,deleting or formating, any anti theft SW becomes a laughing stock.right:laugh:

rajat_delhi

Dec 11, 2012
I did flash the K12 with Odin, it went well but without baseband and EMEI, found out only when am ask to insert SIM:((bsnl already inserted).
After 9 days of browising xda developers try to fix internet/wifi connection with modem.img,BL..etc:confused:. out of fustration i cut out new Airtel SIM and inserted then it connects:) but the wifi does'nt scan for spots when i know there are 7-8 spots available nearby. what i mean is after flashing,deleting or formating, any anti theft SW becomes a laughing stock.right:laugh:

You did not follow the correct process. Follow the below thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47292826

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I did flash the K12 with Odin,:
If you saying about my k12 custom rom, then can you elaborate how one can flash cwm flashable zip with odin?
Go to Settings -general - about device and take screenshot of lower part of screen and post here.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

Sharang

Jan 16, 2012
mumbai
Hello there ! I own an exynos rooted Note 3 ! Earlier i could flash my stock rom with official status even if it was rooted i.e before NB1 update ! Recently i flash MIUI v5 rom n i flashed back my stock rom via odin i.e NB1 ! I tried manually updating to NC1 just by OTA zip( 26 mb .zip ). But after this update the status has tripped to CUSTOM one ! I tried flashing the whole rom again through odin,still it shows that it is CUSTOM.I somehow managed to make that status to OFFICIAL by wanam exposed but still i am unable to flash OTA updates. Is there any other way to update ? I want the latest firmware i.e G series without flashing the whole rom through odin (1.6gb) :) Is there any other way ? :eek:

dr.ketan

Wanam module just makes it cosmetic. You have used Wanam means you have rooted device and that can be cause. Also if you have custom recovery it show custom.
Do this7
Flash any older rom you having
Wipe data on stock recovery (you will lose Int SD data too
Check for update, now it should work.

Ram121

Apr 20, 2013
Pune
@dr.ketan thanks for your continuous help, your support has been very important in case of Note II also and now in Note III also,
I am having unrooted Note III and want to root but want to use knox some times. So first I wanted to flash bootloader without knox and then flash custom ROM. What you say about this post in developer only section can I downgrade to 4.3 and then flash custom ROM so that it will not trip knox and I can use knox afterwards and my warranty will also be intact.

dr.ketan

Happy Independence day friends !

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

@dr.ketan thanks for your continuous help, your support has been very important in case of Note II also and now in Note III also,
I am having unrooted Note III and want to root but want to use knox some times. So first I wanted to flash bootloader without knox and then flash custom ROM. What you say about this post in developer only section can I downgrade to 4.3 and then flash custom ROM so that it will not trip knox and I can use knox afterwards and my warranty will also be intact.
I have read exynos version can be downgrade but never tried myself. but i don't think any custom ROM have knox stuff built-in.

Reactions: jdomadia and Ram121

Ram121

Apr 20, 2013
Pune

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

I have read exynos version can be downgrade but never tried myself. but i don't think any custom ROM have knox stuff built-in.
Thanks for replying
Happy Independence day
I want to use knox only when on stock ROM and keep trying custom ROM
Another request is can you please make a thread for Note 3 like you have made for Note 2 for rooting, knox reset and other information

Ram121

Apr 20, 2013
Pune
Is there anyone who has tried this leaked bootloader for knox reset or using with custom ROM if the leaked bootloader trips knox with custom ROM.
What is the experience with it, please share

Last edited:

cellfrens

May 2, 2011
kolkata
4k on exynos note 3

the app "snap camera HDR" is said to be enabling 4k recording on unrooted exynos Note 3..i tried it and the video resolution is showing as 3840*2160. can you please check it and clarify? after installing the app you have to enable "advanced setting" and then change the bit rate and resolution under video tab..
heres the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marginz.snap&hl=en

its a paid app!

Last edited:

thelostlegend

Jul 11, 2011
Bangalore
the app "snap camera HDR" is said to be enabling 4k recording on unrooted exynos Note 3..i tried it and the video resolution is showing as 3840*2160. can you please check it and clarify? after installing the app you have to enable "advanced setting" and then change the bit rate and resolution under video tab..
heres the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marginz.snap&hl=en

its a paid app!

it shows 4k resolution in gallery but play it in mx player and check details it's still 1080p with default frame rate and bitrate

but I tried the app with mi 3 and it records in 4k on that :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900

Last edited:
K

kasdorji@gmail.com

How do I unroot and put the note 3 international exynos to stock so that I can use screen mirroring and tata sky everywhere? Thanks!

meetpatel

Aug 27, 2014
Ahmedabad
Can someone tell me which modem is best for Gujarat,india? Currently I am on ENG1 baseband. Problem with this baseband is I am getting not proper data speed. Previously I was on DND2.Which works perfect n battery life was also good.can someone provide me DND2 modem file or tell me the which is good?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

How do I unroot and put the note 3 international exynos to stock so that I can use screen mirroring and tata sky everywhere? Thanks!

Just go to sammobile.com and find your country's latest firmware and flash it with the help of odin. By doing this you will get stock firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!