Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,998 Members 39,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashed wrong CM boot.img

Tip us?
 
schranzistor
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Flashed wrong CM boot.img

Could anybody help plz ? I flashed a wrong boot image to my xperia tablet Z 16 GB wifi.

I used the pollux but I think it should be pollux windy.
Now my tablet doesn't start anymore. What to do ?
 
GretaLewd
Old
(Last edited by GretaLewd; 11th May 2014 at 08:12 AM.)
#2  
GretaLewd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 555
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by schranzistor View Post
Could anybody help plz ? I flashed a wrong boot image to my xperia tablet Z 16 GB wifi.

I used the pollux but I think it should be pollux windy.
Now my tablet doesn't start anymore. What to do ?
Maybe try using the Sony flash tool "Emma" here , with instructions here to go back to stock ?
You may also need to install drivers on your laptop / PC from here (bottom of 1st page for Tablet Z wi-fi).

Note : This will completely wipe anything you have on your tablet.- including all your own data.

Please press Thanks Button if I have helped
Phone : Sony Xperia Z2 running stock Sony kitkat 4.4.2
Tablet : Xperia Tablet Z (311, 16GB WiFi only), back to Sony (KK 4.4.2) ROM for a try!
 
schranzistor
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaLewd View Post
Maybe try using the Sony flash tool "Emma" here , with instructions here to go back to stock ?
You may also need to install drivers on your laptop / PC from here (bottom of 1st page for Tablet Z wi-fi).

Note : This will completely wipe anything you have on your tablet.- including all your own data.

Please press Thanks Button if I have helped
I found the Problem! The Boot.IMG out oft the CM image isnt able to boot my xperia wifi. No clue why.
Got the Team win Boot.IMG and now everthing works fine.

Thought I broke it.
 
GretaLewd
Old
#4  
GretaLewd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 555
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by schranzistor View Post
I found the Problem! The Boot.IMG out oft the CM image isnt able to boot my xperia wifi. No clue why.
Got the Team win Boot.IMG and now everthing works fine.

Thought I broke it.
Good news
Phone : Sony Xperia Z2 running stock Sony kitkat 4.4.2
Tablet : Xperia Tablet Z (311, 16GB WiFi only), back to Sony (KK 4.4.2) ROM for a try!
 
somii87
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by schranzistor View Post
I found the Problem! The Boot.IMG out oft the CM image isnt able to boot my xperia wifi. No clue why.
Got the Team win Boot.IMG and now everthing works fine.

Thought I broke it.
Hi man. I did the same thing but with my Sony Xperia Z. C6603
Could you please help me fix it? how did you do it?
 
Rootk1t
Old
#6  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 346
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by somii87 View Post
Hi man. I did the same thing but with my Sony Xperia Z. C6603
Could you please help me fix it? how did you do it?
flash the right one boot.img via fastboot.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321
OS: Android JB 4.4
Rom: Stock, rooted
Build: 10.5.A.0.230
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: XZDualRecovery (CWM+TWRP)
MicroSDHC: SanDisk 32GB Class 10 UHS-I
 
somii87
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t View Post
flash the right one boot.img via fastboot.
Thank you for the answer. Do you know where i can find the right one?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Speed Up Jenkins Configuration Process with TSJ

When you are theleader of a largedevelopment project, Gerrit isn’t the only tool that … more

AutoData Regulates Your Connectivity to Save Battery Life

It’s absolutely no secret that battery life is somewhat of anundoingformany … more

Tale of the Great Recoveries

About a week ago, our fantastic writer and my esteemed colleague Tom embarked on a mission to learnthe vast and … more

How to Make Your GPS Lock Faster – XDA Developer TV

Nothing is more frustrating than opening up Google Maps and it taking way to long … more