Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.3+][1.2.0] Vibify - Smart Vibration for missed notifications

Tip us?

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
New version online! Enjoy...

v1.2.1:
+ Fix: Don't bother with permanent notifications. This should fix the bug with facebook's chatheads and "no signal" notification, which were triggering Vibify.

Duck72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I upgraded, rebooted and now is enabled again

setiawanjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Helo, this is a great app but can someone tell me why do vibify sometimes keep my device awake while other time works just fine.. It consumed lots of battery when it keep my device awake..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by setiawanjimmy View Post
Helo, this is a great app but can someone tell me why do vibify sometimes keep my device awake while other time works just fine.. It consumed lots of battery when it keep my device awake..

Actually Vibify keeps your phone awake in order to detect when you move your phone, and give you that vibration. The thing is that if you forgot your phone with a missed notification for long time, Vibify will keep your phone awake for all that time, waiting for you to move the phone. The battery consumption is very small, but if those periods exceed 3 hours you can see Vibify rising at the Battery Stats !

I am thinking of adding an option as a threshold time, to protect the battery and disable Vibify after for example 1 hour of continuous operation (waiting)... What do you think?

Cheers

adl
Old
Thanks Meter 623

DONATE TO ME
Hi and thanks for the app!
Coming from the Galaxy S 4 i really missed that feature when i switched to a Nexus 5. The app works flawless so far (discovered it this morning and using it for some hours now). Will see how battery consumption is, when i use it during the next days. I like stuff like this "Pocket mode", where the phone turns on as soon as you take it out of the pocket and had received a notification, but it sucks to much battery for me, that´s why i tried your app and it seems to do an amazing job so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to adl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

setiawanjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirosbond View Post
Actually Vibify keeps your phone awake in order to detect when you move your phone, and give you that vibration. The thing is that if you forgot your phone with a missed notification for long time, Vibify will keep your phone awake for all that time, waiting for you to move the phone. The battery consumption is very small, but if those periods exceed 3 hours you can see Vibify rising at the Battery Stats !

I am thinking of adding an option as a threshold time, to protect the battery and disable Vibify after for example 1 hour of continuous operation (waiting)... What do you think?

Cheers
Well, I know if there are notifications then it will keep the device awake, but in my case there was no notification and it still keep my device awake for few minutes. So I charged my phone to 100%, unplugged, went to shower and after finished shower I check my phone and it was 98%. So I check my battery consumption and there it is vibify keep it awake for like 16min.. Well after that it just works normally. So I don't know what happened.

Well its a good feature if you add some threshold time, could be useful when we are sleeping and there are notifications coming in. It could drain the battery if it keep the phone awake all night.. Another work around I believe by turning on the proximity option and leave it face down..

The Following User Says Thank You to setiawanjimmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by setiawanjimmy View Post
Well, I know if there are notifications then it will keep the device awake, but in my case there was no notification and it still keep my device awake for few minutes. So I charged my phone to 100%, unplugged, went to shower and after finished shower I check my phone and it was 98%. So I check my battery consumption and there it is vibify keep it awake for like 16min.. Well after that it just works normally. So I don't know what happened.

Well its a good feature if you add some threshold time, could be useful when we are sleeping and there are notifications coming in. It could drain the battery if it keep the phone awake all night.. Another work around I believe by turning on the proximity option and leave it face down..

New version coming with new feature :

+ Safe turn off - After the specified duration Vibify will turn off to save even more battery.

Stay tuned and please rate the app on Play Store.

0.03% of the those who downloaded have rated the app.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spirosbond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adl
Old
(Last edited by adl; 26th August 2014 at 10:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 623

DONATE TO ME
Will do mate! Love the app and have no battery drain at all.

EDIT:
Just bought the pro version, 1€ is insane!!
Also did ratings for free and pay app.
The Following User Says Thank You to adl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spirosbond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Will do mate! Love the app and have no battery drain at all.

EDIT:
Just bought the pro version, 1€ is insane!!
Also did ratings for free and pay app.
Thank you so much for the support.

You can also follow the app on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Check the first post for links.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to spirosbond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
alert, notification, smart alert, vibify, vibration