Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] - Xperia Z Ultra Poor Signal Reception Indoor

Tip us?

KyCeK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverborn View Post
Hi there - by antenna, do you mean the whitish cable on the right-most section of your picture?

Another thing, did the back cover stay attached perfectly after you've re-assembled it? I mean using the heat gun on it didn't make it permanently loose?

What about water-proofing?

Thanks!
Hi. Finally it's working and yes the cable was loose. It's really easy to open the phone. It's the cable on right it's grey and silver ( like on picture) You can buy new original adhesive tape on ebay for £5. I don't know about waterproofness after. I will try when I will get new phone. Hopefully ultra2

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

TheDiddlerMan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm surprised you'd even want a new one after dealing with that. Hopefully I don't need the original receipt to get warranty service. I hate the idea of opening up a new phone to solve a problem with a home remedy. As you can tell I am suffering from the same issue.

Triflot
Old
Thanks Meter 89
3G and 4G can have poor reception indoors. See if switching to 2G only helps, even if you don't have mobile data enabled.

KyCeK
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It was the only way to normally use the phone. It took 5-10 min and now it's working perfect. Try with Sony service centre, I hope they will do it for you. It's best phone ever, I hope they will make ultra 2.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to KyCeK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabriel1115
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xxxinho View Post
Now I am using my sim card in a nexus 4 and i get full signal in the same place where my xperia doesn't.

The cell tower is not very far away ...

So, the house is not a problem ...

P.s : nexus 4 has full signal on wcdma but xperia has no signal/poor signal even on edge/gprs ...

As you can see in the picture, every phone tested with that sim has full signal in the same place. But not the xperia ... I think it's "blessed" ...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I have exactly the same issue

SÜPERUSER
Old
Thanks Meter 88
aaand now I have the same issue. ****ING hell...bitchphone ...eh gonna send it in someday next week. I don't have the receipt here so got to go to my other apartment first

mmma
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile a weird solution that worked for me

Hi guys I had the same issue and solved it finally
First I tried your method and checked the antenna cable mine was already in place and fine so I was depressed and closed the phone back.I tried every thing else rebooting,repairing through companion,updating the rom, changing sim, changing network and every thing else. Finally I took phone into service they returned it without the issue and I was pleased too much, but same issue returned after 2 weeks
So I tried a stupid thing that worked like a charm I put 2 pieces of paper under the sim and above the sim metal holder and inserted the sim back then the issue was solved and network is like any other phone finally
It worked for me and I think it may worse a try